Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 31, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #14,072 of 33,689
Last edited:
Dec 31, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #14,073 of 33,689
Dec 31, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #14,074 of 33,689
New product, metal IEM, mmcx, balanced and normal cable, worth more than it costs etc.
Limited to 500 orders
Source: HCK Twitter
Thank you. I’m not a twitter user so would never have found it. Sounds interesting, will have to wait for pics and specs before considering it though.

Dec 31, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #14,075 of 33,689
Dec 31, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #14,076 of 33,689
New product, metal IEM, mmcx, balanced and normal cable, worth more than it costs etc.
Limited to 500 orders
Source: HCK Twitter

Here's the original tweet (with Google Translate):

Mysterious lucky bag, start purchasing
Price $ 68
Quantity limited 500
① New product · I have not seen it
② MMCX metal earphone
③ Mid-high low region · wonderful
④ Double cable (2.5 and 3.5)
⑤ Super Cospa
⑥ Among the products of the same type and the same price range, the sound quality of this product is the top level

Another one :

Our philosophy
A
Fukubukuro = real surprise
【New product · I have never seen it]
+
【Really good sound】
+
【Ultra high cost performance】
=
【A true surprise】

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #14,078 of 33,689
Seems like a strange way to advertise something to me, especially as it’s limited to 500 and over half have already gone!

An excellent example of Guerilla Marketing! Hype it to the Moon without even providing a picture. Some people will believe it blindly.
We'll see (or not).

Dec 31, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #14,079 of 33,689
Hi all, I hope you don't hate recommendation requests too much, and well if you do, I've learned for next time! I want to get a $50-150 IEM that is not over-ear. While I have a fair bit of confidence, I don't have quite enough to be the only one on my college campus wearing earphones that style. I'm pondering the 1more triple driver, but all the amazon reviews about how they break or grow defective in the first few months have got me scared. I would love any suggestions!

EDIT: I'm looking for a headphone that prioritizes overall quality and durability. The sound curve/signature isn't as important for me as long as it isn't blatantly wacky (but perhaps this factor should be higher on my priority list). If I'm being choosy I do love strong base and vocals.

Perhaps you can consider something with filters? This way, it is more versatile because you can change the filters to tune the sound.

Dec 31, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #14,080 of 33,689
Hi all, I hope you don't hate recommendation requests too much, and well if you do, I've learned for next time! I want to get a $50-150 IEM that is not over-ear. While I have a fair bit of confidence, I don't have quite enough to be the only one on my college campus wearing earphones that style. I'm pondering the 1more triple driver, but all the amazon reviews about how they break or grow defective in the first few months have got me scared. I would love any suggestions!

EDIT: I'm looking for a headphone that prioritizes overall quality and durability. The sound curve/signature isn't as important for me as long as it isn't blatantly wacky (but perhaps this factor should be higher on my priority list). If I'm being choosy I do love strong base and vocals.

TinAudio T2, Zhiyin Z5000
People be thinking "it's very late 2017, this was it, Chris has released all reviews for this year". People be wrong. Chris has released a review of a small and very affordable Bluetooth speaker that I got as a gift, the EasyAcc LX-839. In theory, it sounds like an awesome little thing - cheap, Bluetooth, micro SD slot, AUX in, headphone (/line) out, built-in FM tuner. But in reality, it sucks quite a bit - the volume buttons share their function with the skip buttons, and the skip function has the higher priority, so you have to hold down the buttons in order to change the volume (the other way 'round would have been much more convenient). Then this stupid thing doesn't remember its volume setting after switching modes or turning it back on, and resets to a default high-ish volume setting. In addition, the line in is not a 3.5 mm socket but shared with the micro USB socket wherefore you have to use a proprietary cable (that is however included) for it. And last but not least, the FM tuner works only if you plug in the proprietary USB cable, since the stupid speaker has got no built-in antenna.

My extended thoughts on the LX-839 speaker can be found here, in German language, but as always with a translator widget below the navigation bar: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/12/easyacc-lx-839-bluetooth-lautsprecher-review.html

- - - - - - - - -

On a related note, my original review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC-S was re-posted to Head-Fi: https://head-fi.org/showcase/zorloo-zuperdac-s.22836/reviews#review-19645

..., as was my original review of the Cowon Plenue J: https://head-fi.org/showcase/cowon-plenue-j.22835/reviews#review-19637

Perhaps the Tronsmart is better....got the T2 and T4, T4 fit in a pocket and product quite impressive and loud sound, but I prefer the bigger T2, hes a very good friends of mine,especially for impressive BT reception that can go up to 20m without problem, wich no other BT stuffs give me. micro sd slot is kind of absurd, cause it sound less good than BT (should be opposite) and you cannot change folder so....anyway, this is pure toy or pratical ''sound okay'' speakers.

I read your review and was impress to find that you look like to still very enjoy your Ibasso DX90, because after 3 years hes still a big boy among DAP I think, proof is that lot of high end DAP still use the ES9018 dac. Can I know what other DAP you have and why you still love so much your DX90???

Dec 31, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #14,083 of 33,689
From the consensus of the reviews the Hibiki was very good but not epic. Had potential and thus the demand for an audiophile version:) Needs to be another IT01 as far as a must try and very popular(better sounding would be great for the same $100-ish price). Needs a choice of mic or no mic. If they go audiophile this time does that mean dropping the mic cause that is what audiophiles usually want. Just give both options.

Dec 31, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #14,084 of 33,689
New version needs to be mmcx so you have more choice in cables. The biggest thing for me on the Hibiki was it could use a rethinking of the bass. To me extension was good but rolled off and both sub-bass and mid-bass were recessed. I'd like to see them brought forward a bit to balance the rest of the signature. (Particularly the sub-bass, I could survive with the mid-bass as it is).

Dec 31, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #14,085 of 33,689
26220875_936291743218602_8403836677107178200_o.jpg

Obviously from the pic that MMCX is a no-go :) There is always this though...
s-l300.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back