Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 30, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #14,056 of 33,689
As a misanthrope i second that statement!
haha, as a misanthrope too, I confirm that humanity is neurotic to the bones and to live in this world, being a douche is a must, everybody in the city are predator, even when they smile its just for charming you and back stab you wahahaha I'm humanist with the living exception, but mustly with innocence, nowadays, even buddhist can be douche (Mandalay extremist for example). But all of this will collapse, evil have been free too long and are now make in mass production with globalization of self interest.

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #14,057 of 33,689
Well, I have other DAPs, but have to admit that I am eyeing the sony zx300 and maybe giving xduoo another chance with the x20, but my finances are low aftwr the holidays and I want to buy a new laptop and definitely need to get a new ereader and sunglasses, but the temptation to go on a splurge for new audio stuff is strong

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #14,058 of 33,689
Well, I have other DAPs, but have to admit that I am eyeing the sony zx300 and maybe giving xduoo another chance with the x20, but my finances are low aftwr the holidays and I want to buy a new laptop and definitely need to get a new ereader and sunglasses, but the temptation to go on a splurge for new audio stuff is strong
Believe it or not i was itching to suggest the zx300 to you after the unfortunate incident. I got one recently and i couldn't be happier. 4.4mm balanced of course. Thats the only way so don't even look at the SE, coz the balanced is where the magic is at!

Dec 30, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #14,059 of 33,689
You guys have any experience with the Rose Aurora?

I have the Rose Aurora (was a gift, with some earbuds I bought from an individual).
They're in the same shell as the Kinera BA05 / BD005.
The Aurora has less Bass, but an overall more balanced sound than my Tennmak Pro and BA05.

Dec 30, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #14,060 of 33,689
Dec 30, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #14,061 of 33,689
Hi all, I hope you don't hate recommendation requests too much, and well if you do, I've learned for next time! I want to get a $50-150 IEM that is not over-ear. While I have a fair bit of confidence, I don't have quite enough to be the only one on my college campus wearing earphones that style. I'm pondering the 1more triple driver, but all the amazon reviews about how they break or grow defective in the first few months have got me scared. I would love any suggestions!

EDIT: I'm looking for a headphone that prioritizes overall quality and durability. The sound curve/signature isn't as important for me as long as it isn't blatantly wacky (but perhaps this factor should be higher on my priority list). If I'm being choosy I do love strong base and vocals.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #14,062 of 33,689
Hi all, I hope you don't hate recommendation requests too much, and well if you do, I've learned for next time! I want to get a $50-150 IEM that is not over-ear. While I have a fair bit of confidence, I don't have quite enough to be the only one on my college campus wearing earphones that style. I'm pondering the 1more triple driver, but all the amazon reviews about how they break or grow defective in the first few months have got me scared. I would love any suggestions!
I am absolutely sure the people who would recommend would want to know your preference of sound signature to make it more productive.
And welcome to headfi!

Dec 31, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #14,064 of 33,689
People be thinking "it's very late 2017, this was it, Chris has released all reviews for this year". People be wrong. Chris has released a review of a small and very affordable Bluetooth speaker that I got as a gift, the EasyAcc LX-839. In theory, it sounds like an awesome little thing - cheap, Bluetooth, micro SD slot, AUX in, headphone (/line) out, built-in FM tuner. But in reality, it sucks quite a bit - the volume buttons share their function with the skip buttons, and the skip function has the higher priority, so you have to hold down the buttons in order to change the volume (the other way 'round would have been much more convenient). Then this stupid thing doesn't remember its volume setting after switching modes or turning it back on, and resets to a default high-ish volume setting. In addition, the line in is not a 3.5 mm socket but shared with the micro USB socket wherefore you have to use a proprietary cable (that is however included) for it. And last but not least, the FM tuner works only if you plug in the proprietary USB cable, since the stupid speaker has got no built-in antenna.

My extended thoughts on the LX-839 speaker can be found here, in German language, but as always with a translator widget below the navigation bar: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/12/easyacc-lx-839-bluetooth-lautsprecher-review.html

DSC04936-small.JPG

- - - - - - - - -

On a related note, my original review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC-S was re-posted to Head-Fi: https://head-fi.org/showcase/zorloo-zuperdac-s.22836/reviews#review-19645

..., as was my original review of the Cowon Plenue J: https://head-fi.org/showcase/cowon-plenue-j.22835/reviews#review-19637

Attachments

• DSC04939-small.JPG
    DSC04939-small.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 0
Dec 31, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #14,066 of 33,689
Dec 31, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #14,067 of 33,689
People be thinking "it's very late 2017, this was it, Chris has released all reviews for this year". People be wrong. Chris has released a review of a small and very affordable Bluetooth speaker that I got as a gift, the EasyAcc LX-839. In theory, it sounds like an awesome little thing - cheap, Bluetooth, micro SD slot, AUX in, headphone (/line) out, built-in FM tuner. But in reality, it sucks quite a bit - the volume buttons share their function with the skip buttons, and the skip function has the higher priority, so you have to hold down the buttons in order to change the volume (the other way 'round would have been much more convenient). Then this stupid thing doesn't remember its volume setting after switching modes or turning it back on, and resets to a default high-ish volume setting. In addition, the line in is not a 3.5 mm socket but shared with the micro USB socket wherefore you have to use a proprietary cable (that is however included) for it. And last but not least, the FM tuner works only if you plug in the proprietary USB cable, since the stupid speaker has got no built-in antenna.

My extended thoughts on the LX-839 speaker can be found here, in German language, but as always with a translator widget below the navigation bar: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/12/easyacc-lx-839-bluetooth-lautsprecher-review.html

- - - - - - - - -

On a related note, my original review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC-S was re-posted to Head-Fi: https://head-fi.org/showcase/zorloo-zuperdac-s.22836/reviews#review-19645

..., as was my original review of the Cowon Plenue J: https://head-fi.org/showcase/cowon-plenue-j.22835/reviews#review-19637

You really need to take some free time, my friend! :beyersmile:

In romania, we don't work during the holidays, this includes reviewing! :darthsmile:

Dec 31, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #14,069 of 33,689
hey guys this is off topic but bear with me , kind of ; - )

kef direct has m200 in ears for 59.99$ and the deal ends today and for that amount of money that is a best gift you could get for yourself or some of your audiophile friend

flexible Secure Arm sucks big time and I could not get any proper seal with it and sound was horrible, but as soon as I threw them away it sounds gorgeous now, it can even compete with my noble audio sage

so do yourself a favor and get them

Happy New Year !!!

Dec 31, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #14,070 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back