Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 29, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #14,041 of 33,689
Dec 30, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #14,043 of 33,689
Sadly, I won't be able to properly update my impressions of the aaw nebula 2 as my backpack got stolen last night in the bar, so I suffered some audio losses including the nebula 2, colorfly c10, vsonic vsd3s and a bunch of other gear and documents. I did some tip rolling before going out and I had some success with thinner silucone tips with wider bore bi-flange tips opening the stage a bit and balancing the sound some more.

Dec 30, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #14,044 of 33,689
Sadly, I won't be able to properly update my impressions of the aaw nebula 2 as my backpack got stolen last night in the bar, so I suffered some audio losses including the nebula 2, colorfly c10, vsonic vsd3s and a bunch of other gear and documents. I did some tip rolling before going out and I had some success with thinner silucone tips with wider bore bi-flange tips opening the stage a bit and balancing the sound some more.

"Alcohol consumption increases sound quality." .......... and decreases the number of your gear! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

sorry to hear though ...

Dec 30, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #14,045 of 33,689
Sorry about your misfortune. I hope nothing very important was lost.

Dec 30, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #14,046 of 33,689
Any toughs about Memt X9?
A not-so-loved-here dude really love them, but as lot of time hes utterly too enthusiast.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...-6d61-4cca-9d57-0bb66d8dfe37&rmStoreLevelAB=5

Anyway, there his view:
MEMT X9 - high quality, impactful bass, no mud. Moderately V-shaped, mids slightly recessed. Precise mids and clear treble. Got used to the sound instantly. Well-built, cable material similar to Xiaomi Hybrid with better Y-split and plug. Housings are very small, shiny, pure metal, heavy, with magnetic adsorption. Some of the best earphones ever made.

I'm curious to try them because X5 supposed harsh treble was a drawback for me....
X5 harsh treble what? Not even close. And the X5 V2 is an improvement over the original which was already good for the price. As for the R7 I was disappointed by the massive bass and muddy midrange. X5 is the only one I have liked so far for sound but the build quality on every model is superb.

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #14,047 of 33,689

Ouch, sorry man. I know how you feel, something similar happened with my F9.
Well maybe I don't know how you feel - you lost a lot more than I did.
:triportsad:

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #14,048 of 33,689
X5 harsh treble what? Not even close. And the X5 V2 is an improvement over the original which was already good for the price. As for the R7 I was disappointed by the massive bass and muddy midrange. X5 is the only one I have liked so far for sound but the build quality on every model is superb.

Oh, I don't know, just read somewhere that treble was sharp....I know the X5 get praised alot, surely for good reason. Just wonder if X9 is an upgrade over them.

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #14,049 of 33,689
"Alcohol consumption increases sound quality." .......... and decreases the number of your gear! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

sorry to hear though ...

Unfortunately yes.
Sorry about your misfortune. I hope nothing very important was lost.
Well, along the audio gear my kobo reader, oakley sunglasses, umbrella, documents from the law firm where I work. Overall, not counting the documents about $600 of stuff.

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #14,050 of 33,689
Unfortunately yes.

Well, along the audio gear my kobo reader, oakley sunglasses, umbrella, documents from the law firm where I work. Overall, not counting the documents about $600 of stuff.
Damn. Hope the law firm documents weren't confidential. kobo reader.. ouch .. time for a Kindle Oasis. I feel your pain bro. If you're a lawyer, one client meeting would cover the expenses :wink:

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #14,051 of 33,689
Sorry mate....focking sad to say the least. And one of my paranoia everytime I go out with my backpack full of DAP and IEM....Last year I get my 200$ audio recorder stole at a music show at my birthday, I know it can drive mad and feel like a betrayal from whole humanity, hope this will be your only badluck for 2017 AND 2018!

Wish you LOT of lucks for 2018!!!!!!!!!

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #14,052 of 33,689
Damn. Hope the law firm documents weren't confidential. kobo reader.. ouch .. time for a Kindle Oasis. I feel your pain bro. If you're a lawyer, one client meeting would cover the expenses :wink:
Well, they were but nothing too sensitive. You would think that but the partners get the money, I get pocket change.

Sorry mate....focking sad to say the least. And one of my paranoia everytime I go out with my backpack full of DAP and IEM....Last year I get my 200$ audio recorder stole at a music show at my birthday, I know it can drive mad and feel like a betrayal from whole humanity, hope this will be your only badluck for 2017 AND 2018!

Wish you LOT of lucks for 2018!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! Yeah, I'm slightly depressed now. It's not the end of the world and at least I have a subatantial audio gear collection, but it was a lot of stuff that I can't readily replace.

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #14,053 of 33,689
Well, they were but nothing too sensitive. You would think that but the partners get the money, I get pocket change.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm slightly depressed now. It's not the end of the world and at least I have a subatantial audio gear collection, but it was a lot of stuff that I can't readily replace.

Like I always say, humans suck.

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #14,054 of 33,689
Dec 30, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #14,055 of 33,689

Yeah, I sympatize with you, hope the gear you have will give you solace. Just check on Ebay to find supreme deal for C10, lower price is 229$ so its still pricey. Music is so sacred, but nowadays nothing is sacred. Well, its now time for yourself to find another DAP and fall in impulsive compensation buying:wink: No...don't do THAT!:imp:

Like...buy this before I buy it lol (I make an offer and he conter offer it...and im like no no no, my credit card can't stand more torture!)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1924117683...I192411768389.N101.S2.R2.TR2&autorefresh=true

Users who are viewing this thread

Back