Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 10, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #1,366 of 33,689
i'm not sure about the m3 but IMO the k1 is no basshead at all especially when you listen with the grey and black filter. "Mid centric and lush vocals" sounds like how i hear it. Female Vocals are especially well done in the k1 which sounds sweet and natural as if the real singer is singing it live to you, so i think the vocals performance of k1 won't gonna let you down. Maybe wait for more impressions for comparison as i think @peter123 will be getting it soon as well if not mistaken.

How deep is the subbass? Compared to similar priced or other well known models?

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #1,367 of 33,689
How deep is the subbass? Compared to similar priced or other well known models?
For the subbass, getting a perfect fit/seal 1st is the most priority as initially i was having some hard time getting a proper seal initially and so i thought the bass is just very light on the K1. Once you get a good seal then you will start to feel the rumbling subbass. Bass test i did (with grey filter on) it was able to go down till 20Hz and can't really be felt after that. By comparison the 4in1 IMO have a very deep and somewhat enhanced subbass too the subbass rumble from what i hear in the K1 is much lesser than from the 4in1 and i'm quite surprised by the subbass performance of 4in1. As compared to UEs, the K1 subbass will be felt more as i consider UEs slightly bass light. Maybe Twin can give you a good idea about this as he has the Musicmaker TK12 13 & SW3 which will make a very good comparison. Hope it helps.

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #1,368 of 33,689
Nah, Im more into balanced sound, maybe with emphasis on mids. So, its still ATE?

Spend a couple extra bucks and the MusicMaker KK-Ting, also sold as King, will treat you well.

Oct 11, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #1,371 of 33,689
After a conversation with the "Banned Seller", he told me that the Black **** 4in1 he sells has golden rings, and the Silver one has silver rings. Before I make my purchase I really need to know if there is any sort of difference in sound quality between the different batches. Anyone can help with that?

Oct 11, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #1,372 of 33,689
  After a conversation with the "Banned Seller", he told me that the Black **** 4in1 he sells has golden rings, and the Silver one has silver rings. Before I make my purchase I really need to know if there is any sort of difference in sound quality between the different batches. Anyone can help with that?

Factory makes two colour variants on the same item, the components are identical, they run short of the gold ring but the silver ring looks fine so they use that instead. Chances are the black version sold better than the silver so they swapped parts across.

I doubt that the two colour versions have different sounds.

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #1,374 of 33,689
Actually I'm not sure they are KZ now this is them: -

The bit that holds the black nozzle? They're more silver than gold a slight titanium finish. Both my Black (stock) and Silver (own) pair, it's the same colour as my DT2s nozzle and the metal work on the **** cable.

I bought loads of those tips from the seller who can't be named.

Great tips!

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #1,379 of 33,689
Oct 11, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #1,380 of 33,689
I personally think it's unnecessarily pushing our luck.  Keep in mind the constant discussion of banned topics might have also played into the shutting down of the previous thread, at least to some extent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back