Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 10, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #1,351 of 33,689
:grinning: Ahmad, The K1 won't qualify as a bass head phone even with the silver filters. There are even 2 more one is mid/ neutral and another is treble/ bright.

:grinning::grinning: Keith

Oct 10, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #1,352 of 33,689
My 4in1 order has been refunded by HCK, they were on route to UK but have now gone back into China. Jim has apologised and offered me a discount on my next order. Fortunately I've got stock coming from AK Audio so I'm covered.

Following a return I've now got a pair of these for myself. I thought I was a little treble sensitive but I'm not getting any issue with the 4in1, but I am using comfort style KZ complys.

Billie Jean, my treble test track, is OK with these I expected pain given the comments. I'm now moonwalking as I type.  

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #1,354 of 33,689
  That's some serious typing skills.

I didn't say how well I was doing it, I don't think I'll be on Strictly anytime soon (UK TV reference) 
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #1,355 of 33,689
  My 4in1 order has been refunded by HCK, they were on route to UK but have now gone back into China. Jim has apologised and offered me a discount on my next order. Fortunately I've got stock coming from AK Audio so I'm covered.

Following a return I've now got a pair of these for myself. I thought I was a little treble sensitive but I'm not getting any issue with the 4in1, but I am using comfort style KZ complys.

Billie Jean, my treble test track, is OK with these I expected pain given the comments. I'm now moonwalking as I type.  

KZ complys like the ones on the KZ ATE? :)

And btw if you made your order soon, are your senfers with gold or silver ring?

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #1,356 of 33,689
Actually I'm not sure they are KZ now this is them: -

The bit that holds the black nozzle? They're more silver than gold a slight titanium finish. Both my Black (stock) and Silver (own) pair, it's the same colour as my DT2s nozzle and the metal work on the **** cable.

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #1,357 of 33,689
  Actually I'm not sure they are KZ now this is them: -

The bit that holds the black nozzle? They're more silver than gold a slight titanium finish. Both my Black (stock) and Silver (own) pair, it's the same colour as my DT2s nozzle and the metal work on the **** cable.

Thanks for answering. Those definitely aren't KZ eartips afaik. But they look interesting especially if comply. Now I'm having doubts why I said no to your proposition about sending some eartips my way lol. If you are still into it, and you really go that often to the post office, might really change my mind (of course if you let me cover the shipping cost) :)

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #1,358 of 33,689

Thanks for answering. Those definitely aren't KZ eartips afaik. But they look interesting especially if comply. Now I'm having doubts why I said no to your proposition about sending some eartips my way lol. If you are still into it, and you really go that often to the post office, might really change my mind (of course if you let me cover the shipping cost) :)

Yeah that's fine, only got a couple of those unused. That's a shop picture - HCK BTW

Let me know where you are and I'll get a cost from the Royal Mail website, just settle up for the post cost with me when they get there. 

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #1,359 of 33,689

Yeah that's fine, only got a couple of those unused. That's a shop picture - HCK BTW

Let me know where you are and I'll get a cost from the Royal Mail website, just settle up for the post cost with me when they get there. 

Perfect, thanks again. Will write you a PM when my Senfers get here ! Hope I won't have the same problems with my purchase as last time (don't even mention HCK lol).

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #1,360 of 33,689
So what's the new hot cable for the 4in1?

Tennmak Upgrade Cable?
Banned Seller MMCX Silver Cable made by Earmax?
LZ-A3S?

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #1,362 of 33,689

cool.gif
Ok Guys I just had an extended listen over an Hour to the Magaosi K1 and the TK13 and Shockwave III. It's pointless to include the TK12 and "the IEM that shall not be named" because they fall short of the TK13 and the SWIII, even though they are both stellar earphones in their own right, in my opinion only.

Here is the Hierarchy as I see it from lowest to highest.

"The IEM that shall not be named" < TK12 < TK13 < Magoasi K1 < SWIII.

Now here is why.

Compared to the TK13 the Sound is less in Quantity but better in Refinement. The Bass on the K1 is just superb. In comparison the Bass on the TK13 is enhanced and not as natural sounding. The K1 actually sounds more detailed and it's very strongest point are female Vocals. Simply outstanding. Treble is extended and well done without the Sharpness of the "IEM that shall not be named". Now In comparison to the Shockwave III it actually holds its own but once the Sub bass of the Shockwave takes over and that Gigantic 360 Soundstage kicks in you realize that the SWIII is truly in a different league, which I have always felt. I will admit I like the female Vocals of the K1 the Best however. They are just Stunning.

Here are the only Caveats I can find about the K1. Ear Placement is critical, (as I find is the Case with most over Ears). Get the position wrong, it changes the SQ tremendously. I also think that the K1 were designed for a shallower insertion as well. I've tried the Large Auvios which give a really good seal and insertion depth BUT the Mediums definitely enhance the SQ, so Yes, they are also tip dependent. The other Caveat is the Memory wire on the Cable. It's WAY stiff. a Real PIA to wear. I switched over to the Updated cable from the LZA3. I do have a solid Silver cable on the way though.

These are just my impressions from my first listen. Most IEMs change by 200 hours. So They are going back on the Burner shortly.

I think you guys are going to like these.... I certainly do.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Hi, I just found this forum. I think I'd like to get a Magoasi K1 because my current earbuds are wearing out.  Perhaps someone can answer a few questions: Can I use them directly without additional attachments?  I generally don't need my music so loud, but the whole point to me getting these would be because they will be high quality.  I saw that some recommend getting different ear-tips so I am keeping that in mind.

Thanks

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #1,363 of 33,689

Hi, I just found this forum. I think I'd like to get a Magoasi K1 because my current earbuds are wearing out.  Perhaps someone can answer a few questions: Can I use them directly without additional attachments?  I generally don't need my music so loud, but the whole point to me getting these would be because they will be high quality.  I saw that some recommend getting different ear-tips so I am keeping that in mind.

Thanks

Yes, they will work fine straight out of any mobile phone/music player (except iPhone 7 of course D:)  Different ear-tips is just a way to ensure you get a good a fit or seal. If the supplied ones fit you well there's usually no need to change.  Sometimes it can slightly alter the sound signature of earphones too.

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #1,365 of 33,689
eagerly waiting for your impressions on M3 because of i am not a basshead by any means I like a mid centric forwarded lush vocals,  so i think K1 is not a my cup of tea maybe M3 will,  i also like the design of M3. 
i'm not sure about the m3 but IMO the k1 is no basshead at all especially when you listen with the grey and black filter. "Mid centric and lush vocals" sounds like how i hear it. Female Vocals are especially well done in the k1 which sounds sweet and natural as if the real singer is singing it live to you, so i think the vocals performance of k1 won't gonna let you down. Maybe wait for more impressions for comparison as i think peter123 will be getting it soon as well if not mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back