Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 4, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #13,606 of 33,689
Thta's the Vsonic Ares. They actually released it the other day, but only had 45 units as it is apparently hard to manufacture and it was gone in a minute. I had it in my cart ready to pull the trigger when the time for the sale struck but decided to wait for impressions and maybe a wider distribution like with the gr07 AE as it cost me about 170 bucks, but at 11.11 and BF could be had for under 150.

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #13,607 of 33,689
Alpha & Delta D6 Review

https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2017/11/22/alpha-delta-d6/

photo_2017-11-23_01-02-10.jpg
Nice review ,

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #13,608 of 33,689
These look out of this world! To bad $130 is a bit out of my league yet.
Comparing to the KZ ZS5 is not really fair though is it? I bought them for $13, which is 1/10th of the price of the VT Audio. Hoping my ZS5 will actually arrive this week, because its almost a month since i ordered them...

Well I think it's a fair comparison at least in SQ because where talking about multiple driver iems. And it is no that the VT T3 is 13 times better than the KZs; sometimes the differences in sq are just marginal. Actually nowadays I think it's pretty easy to find good sounding headphones for a little price and I believe it's becoming harder to find night and day differences between headphones in general. In my opinion it's all about a matter of tastes in sound signatures; I enjoy full, lush and rich sounding headphones, v shaped curves; some people don't and that's fine as well. Both the Vt and KZ sound very good regardless of the price difference. For $13 the KZ is the undisputed king of multiple drivers budget iems.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #13,609 of 33,689
Well I think it's a fair comparison at least in SQ because where talking about multiple driver iems.

No it's not. You might as well compare the ZS6 to the Tia Fourte since they're both multiple drivers. Or compare a $10 single dynamic to the Campfire Vega. Or the HiFiMan HE-350 to the Audeze LCD-4 since they're both planars. Just because they have the same driver configuration doesn't mean they should be directly compared by any stretch of the imagination.

Dec 4, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #13,610 of 33,689
No it's not. You might as well compare the ZS6 to the Tia Fourte since they're both multiple drivers. Or compare a $10 single dynamic to the Campfire Vega. Or the HiFiMan HE-350 to the Audeze LCD-4 since they're both planars. Just because they have the same driver configuration doesn't mean they should be directly compared by any stretch of the imagination.

The HE-350 are not planars, apart from that I totally agree with your post :wink:

Dec 4, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #13,611 of 33,689
New **** 4in1 "plus"
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...389.html?spm=2114.12010611.0.0.252f9ba6KXMSrC

Interesting if these are not little harsh in highs as v1 were? I really liked v1 with spiral dot tips + high impedance cable.
Well I think it's a fair comparison at least in SQ because where talking about multiple driver iems. And it is no that the VT T3 is 13 times better than the KZs; sometimes the differences in sq are just marginal. Actually nowadays I think it's pretty easy to find good sounding headphones for a little price and I believe it's becoming harder to find night and day differences between headphones in general. In my opinion it's all about a matter of tastes in sound signatures; I enjoy full, lush and rich sounding headphones, v shaped curves; some people don't and that's fine as well. Both the Vt and KZ sound very good regardless of the price difference. For $13 the KZ is the undisputed king of multiple drivers budget iems.
How do the MIDS compare to ZS3v1? And which one has better bass kick/tightness?

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #13,613 of 33,689
just got my 11.11 package of the bosshifi b3s and svara red, so life, which seemed so dire, is good again. on first listen the b3s are awfully impressive for the $$$ and a surprising upgrade to the already excellent b3. reviews to follow on the aproear site.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #13,614 of 33,689
just got my 11.11 package of the bosshifi b3s and svara red, so life, which seemed so dire, is good again. on first listen the b3s are awfully impressive for the $$$ and a surprising upgrade to the already excellent b3. reviews to follow on the aproear site.

I'll certainly be interested in reading what you consider to be the upgrades / improvements of the B3s. :ksc75smile:

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #13,615 of 33,689

Awesome news! You made my day mate.

I cant wait to read the Aproear review.

Can you at least comment if the B3S is more/less as neutral compared to the B3?

Thanks so much Loomis!

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #13,616 of 33,689
Hi guys, i have been off this thread for awhile now which is great lol. Anw i have been using my Tennmak Pro with silver cables till now (for about a year), and i absolutely love them.

However recently i am listening to this female artist whose voice dont sound great when paired with TMP. Hence i switched to my MEMT X5 which sounds better but it lacked the mids (V shaped) and can get kinda boring at times when i am listening to other tracks on shuffle. And i hate the fact thay my KZ startips fall off the driver head pretty easily. So i will need some recommendations from u veterans :D

Anw i have read on some IEMs and Tinaudio T2 seem to be getting traction here, ZS5 doesnt seem to have that much reviews in the last 100 to 150 posts. ZS6 sounds promising but there isnt much reviews yet. Also TFZ is making waves with their release this year.

For now it seems K3P is worth it for the price, how abt LZ-A4? For these i would probably need for a good deal (not so much for K3P) as they are pretty exp. Also read mixed reviews on the Monk IE which i was considering (mainly due to the stellar performance of Monk+)

Sry that i have forgotten, but my music preference is pretty broad, and i have no issues with bright IEM (something something Senzer H1) but i find MEMT X5's brightness is just on the sweet spot, but that is after my brain is burnt with the sound sig of the TMP for 8 freaking months (before that was trying and switching between IEMs). Mids are very important as it gives body to the music and above decent bass quality would be great for me.

Either way i am having the cheap seahf, UiiSii 905, HM7, X5 and TMP IEMs at the moment.

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #13,618 of 33,689
Hi guys, i have been off this thread for awhile now which is great lol. Anw i have been using my Tennmak Pro with silver cables till now (for about a year), and i absolutely love them.

However recently i am listening to this female artist whose voice dont sound great when paired with TMP. Hence i switched to my MEMT X5 which sounds better but it lacked the mids (V shaped) and can get kinda boring at times when i am listening to other tracks on shuffle. And i hate the fact thay my KZ startips fall off the driver head pretty easily. So i will need some recommendations from u veterans :D

Anw i have read on some IEMs and Tinaudio T2 seem to be getting traction here, ZS5 doesnt seem to have that much reviews in the last 100 to 150 posts. ZS6 sounds promising but there isnt much reviews yet. Also TFZ is making waves with their release this year.

For now it seems K3P is worth it for the price, how abt LZ-A4? For these i would probably need for a good deal (not so much for K3P) as they are pretty exp. Also read mixed reviews on the Monk IE which i was considering (mainly due to the stellar performance of Monk+)

Sry that i have forgotten, but my music preference is pretty broad, and i have no issues with bright IEM (something something Senzer H1) but i find MEMT X5's brightness is just on the sweet spot, but that is after my brain is burnt with the sound sig of the TMP for 8 freaking months (before that was trying and switching between IEMs). Mids are very important as it gives body to the music and above decent bass quality would be great for me.

Either way i am having the cheap seahf, UiiSii 905, HM7, X5 and TMP IEMs at the moment.

Using earphones with MMCX connectors, allows you to select whether you want to use a cable with, or without, a Mic & Music Controls.
While I do have, and really like a couple of more expensive earphones - the LZ-A4 (purchased last December), and the HotFi HM1 (no longer available) - my collection of "$20 - $90" MMCX models, consists of these:
(NOTE: List is in descending price order.)

01.) TingJie R4 (4in1) - 16Ω, 110dB/mW, 20Hz-20KHz, Ebony wood housing, 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature
02.) Rose Aurora - 18Ω, 112dB/mW, 10Hz-24KHz, Plastic housing, 1x Dynamic
03.) NiceHCK W1 - 16Ω, 125dB/mW, 10Hz-24KHz, Ebony wood housing, 1x Dynamic
04.) **** 4in1 (2016) - 32Ω, 108dB/mW, 10Hz-30KHz, Metal housing, 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature
05.) **** DT2 IE800 v2 - 16Ω, 118dB/mW, 6Hz-23.5KHz, Ceramic housing, 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature
06.) Tennmak Pro - 16Ω, 100dB/mW, 10Hz-20KHz, Plastic housing, 2x Dynamic
07.) Kinera BA05 (2016) - 12Ω, 103dB/mW, 20Hz-20KHz, Plastic housing, 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature (appears to have been replaced by the Kinera BD005)

If you like the shape / style of the Tennmak Pro, then you'll probably like the Rose Aurora (USD$69).
The Tennmak Pro has the most Bass & Mid-Bass, but this seems to cause the sound stage to be closer / more closed-in.
The Rose Aurora seems to be the most "balanced / natural" sounding, but has less Bass impact (it has low Bass, just not as much).
The Kinera BA05 (now it's the BD005) has a more "V-shaped" sound, with less Mid-Bass than the Tennmak, and more Treble than the Tennmak or Rose.

I really do like the balanced overall sound of the TinJie R4 and NiceHCK W1, but their wooden cylindrical shape may not be to your taste. (I happen to like ebony wood earphones.)
The sound of the two Senfers is more "V-shaped", and their physical shape makes them a little tricky to wear the cable over-the-ear.

Dec 5, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #13,619 of 33,689

The K3 Pro is definitely worth the money. You can find more detail on the KZ thread for the ZS5 and ZS6. You can pick up the ZS5 for under $20 and the ZS6 for about $30 on occasional sale at gearbest.

Dec 5, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #13,620 of 33,689

I actually had my eye on the Tennmak Pro for a while, but decided against it for whatever reason...

If you're looking into getting a new IEM that excels in mids, then the Tin Audio T2 are absolutely what you're looking for. The midrange on them has to be the cleanest I've heard on any pair of earphones. Vocals are forward, natural, slightly dry (in the best way possible), and have excellent timbre. Both male and female vocals are equally entrancing, meaning that there's no part of the midrange recessed or toned down. Instruments are full, natural, and lifelike, making any instrumental or rock/alternative/metal piece simply eye-opening. The treble is sharp, detailed, but almost never harsh, splashy, or piercing. Bass is quite lacking in punch and depth at times (I am not a basshead whatsoever), but this can easily be negated by covering and sealing the bass vents (near the nozzle) with tiny pieces of masking tape. Make sure to use masking tape and not putty, as putty gives the bass a little too much power that negatively affects the rest of the sound signature. This mod helps add some warmth and fullness to the lower mids. Overall, the T2 are considered to be bright, but not in a bad way at all; they're just more detailed. Separation is well above average, as is air and treble extension. Soundstage is average, as it isn't too wide. For the build quality, it's very well made. These have tanked all my unintentional abuses with only light scratches to show. The cable is also tough and built to last. You can also use the MMCX cables from the Tennmak Pro on these.

These are my daily drivers and have been for the last month. They trump my Urbanfun Hifi (both beryllium and hybrid versions), Tin T515, 1More Triple Drivers, and any other chi-fi IEM i own at the moment. They're clean, have amazing resolution, and can be modded if the sound doesn't intrigue you right away. I usually get "bored" of earphones after a while, but these still manage to blow me away while listening to the same song over and over. Obviously, I love these and highly recommend them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back