Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 24, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #12,571 of 33,689
I got Brian from BTG Audio to mod my LZ-A2 to MMCX so I could use it balanced. Unfortunately, he managed to do it but he said it nearly drove him crazy
and took like 2 months, so he said he wouldn't do any more of them. Still I am happy with my balanced A2 which probably sound like some kind of A4.
It's amazing to see an electrical repair man take on the big boys and win with the A4 and Dipper, which are too expensive for poor old Skull man.
Old John, LZ Audio go back to $99 dollar iems that's where my money is. not at $799 thats a joke.

Oct 24, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #12,572 of 33,689
Just got the ADAX ht06. I must say WOW! There are really good for their price point. Can't wait for the e-mi ci880, tin audio t2, LKer i8, ch9T comparisons. I'm also tempted to try the BOSS HIFI B3 and URBANFUN HIFI....

Don't forget about the Bosshifi B3S, the successor to the B3.

Oct 24, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #12,574 of 33,689
Is it better than the original?

Don't know, as I don't have either.

I'm secretly hoping that someone who already has the B3 (such as Vidal or Loomis) will try the B3S to compare. Then I can pick up whichever one is better. Because there's no way to know which is better if member 1 gets B3 and member 2 gets B3S. You need both to directly compare.

In 'general' terms however, I would imagine the B3S is 'better', because it is a newer revision/replacement of the original B3. It doesn't always work out that way, but generally the later versions are improved over the original in some way.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #12,576 of 33,689
I do not for the life of me understand why people get bent out of shape at this.

Y'all do realize LZ still sells cheaper **** right? Like, there's still an A2 and an A3, the A4 likely will stick around.

I swear it's like people feel entitled to being able to afford higher models at the same price of the still available lower models.
Not sure what you're getting upset about.

I have the Z03A. I have the A2S - never liked it although the build and ergonomics are good. I also have the A4..... :confused:

Oct 25, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #12,577 of 33,689
Don't know, as I don't have either.

I'm secretly hoping that someone who already has the B3 (such as Vidal or Loomis) will try the B3S to compare. Then I can pick up whichever one is better. Because there's no way to know which is better if member 1 gets B3 and member 2 gets B3S. You need both to directly compare.

In 'general' terms however, I would imagine the B3S is 'better', because it is a newer revision/replacement of the original B3. It doesn't always work out that way, but generally the later versions are improved over the original in some way.
i might take one for the team on b3s during 11.11, esp. since i foolishly traded my b3, which is still one of the best sub-50 players

Oct 25, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #12,580 of 33,689
Looks like the Auglamour RT-1 hit the main sellers on AliExpress today. Very tempting!

Yey! Somehow, Penon has the best price. Probably means that it will drop in price elsewhere very quickly plus 11.11 and other sales, it will probably cost around 40$ very soon.
However, I am not as impressed with the design as before, it is just using a metal back plate as a decoration, main part of the body is still plastic. I doubt that they can pull it off, the connection where metal meets plastic already looks kinda wonky on those "reviews", perhaps it's just a demo unit...

1c15-fymvuyt2946149.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #12,583 of 33,689
Yey! Somehow, Penon has the best price. Probably means that it will drop in price elsewhere very quickly plus 11.11 and other sales, it will probably cost around 40$ very soon.
However, I am not as impressed with the design as before, it is just using a metal back plate as a decoration, main part of the body is still plastic. I doubt that they can pull it off, the connection where metal meets plastic already looks kinda wonky on those "reviews", perhaps it's just a demo unit...

1c15-fymvuyt2946149.jpg

Will let you know how it is when I receive them. :wink:

Oct 25, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #12,584 of 33,689
Not sure what you're getting upset about.

I have the Z03A. I have the A2S - never liked it although the build and ergonomics are good. I also have the A4..... :confused:

People complaining about the A5 price being higher than the A4. I've seen this same sentiment in other threads. Of course the A5 is more expensive, it's a higher model. Its existence doesn't erase the other models.

It seems to happen a lot. Everyone bitches at companies like Audeze and HiFiMan making $4k+ products despite the fact that their more affordable lines aren't going anywhere. The LZ A5 is going to cost more than the A4. That isn't a shame, it's not a bad thing, it's not something to complain about.

Oct 25, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #12,585 of 33,689
People complaining about the A5 price being higher than the A4. I've seen this same sentiment in other threads. Of course the A5 is more expensive, it's a higher model. Its existence doesn't erase the other models.

It seems to happen a lot. Everyone bitches at companies like Audeze and HiFiMan making $4k+ products despite the fact that their more affordable lines aren't going anywhere. The LZ A5 is going to cost more than the A4. That isn't a shame, it's not a bad thing, it's not something to complain about.

and yet

1ZoXJvw.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back