Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 25, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #12,586 of 33,689
and yet

1ZoXJvw.png

Apples and pears IMO

Oct 25, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #12,587 of 33,689
Oct 25, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #12,588 of 33,689
People complaining about the A5 price being higher than the A4. I've seen this same sentiment in other threads. Of course the A5 is more expensive, it's a higher model. Its existence doesn't erase the other models.

It seems to happen a lot. Everyone bitches at companies like Audeze and HiFiMan making $4k+ products despite the fact that their more affordable lines aren't going anywhere. The LZ A5 is going to cost more than the A4. That isn't a shame, it's not a bad thing, it's not something to complain about.
i am 100% agree with you , LZ is now more mature in his work and offers the sound quality witch deserve more than the asking price ,
i am eagerly waiting for A5,

Oct 25, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #12,589 of 33,689
I'm getting new earphones for Christmas. I am on a tight budget so I need to be sure that I get the right ones. I was going for the lz a4 but, after reading some comments I am confused. I currently use the kz zs6 and I love them. I am looking for something with similar sound with better soundstage and a bit less treble. Is lz a4 the best or is there something better? What is the best one out there for £200 or below?

Oct 25, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #12,590 of 33,689
I'm getting new earphones for Christmas. I am on a tight budget so I need to be sure that I get the right ones. I was going for the lz a4 but, after reading some comments I am confused. I currently use the kz zs6 and I love them. I am looking for something with similar sound with better soundstage and a bit less treble. Is lz a4 the best or is there something better? What is the best one out there for £200 or below?
Wait a little more , LZ A5 is coming soon and that will be exactly within your range $240.00 price ,

Oct 25, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #12,591 of 33,689
And if the LZ A5 turns out to be a turd, you'll own one. Why recommend something no-one has heard yet? For $240 there are good choices that are available today and are well vetted. Knowing that every vendor has made a dud, I'd be really hesitant to lay my money down on the LZ A5 sight unseen.

Oct 25, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #12,593 of 33,689
People complaining about the A5 price being higher than the A4. I've seen this same sentiment in other threads. Of course the A5 is more expensive, it's a higher model. Its existence doesn't erase the other models.

It seems to happen a lot. Everyone bitches at companies like Audeze and HiFiMan making $4k+ products despite the fact that their more affordable lines aren't going anywhere. The LZ A5 is going to cost more than the A4. That isn't a shame, it's not a bad thing, it's not something to complain about.
Don't remember anyone complaining about the A5 price as we only learned what it was yesterday. Anyway, glad you had a chance to rant.

Oct 25, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #12,594 of 33,689
Yey! Somehow, Penon has the best price. Probably means that it will drop in price elsewhere very quickly plus 11.11 and other sales, it will probably cost around 40$ very soon.
However, I am not as impressed with the design as before, it is just using a metal back plate as a decoration, main part of the body is still plastic. I doubt that they can pull it off, the connection where metal meets plastic already looks kinda wonky on those "reviews", perhaps it's just a demo unit...

1c15-fymvuyt2946149.jpg

The seam looks like it's on very much purpose - ie vents just like KZ did on the ZS5.

I'm almost 100% positive of it, because you see those tiny little "bars" spaced every so often down in the seam? Those are almost certainly standoffs, designed to prevent the faceplate from sealing down onto the shell. They act like stops, only allowing the faceplate to push down so far (ensuring that the vents remain open as well as consistently sized across all units in the manufacturing run).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #12,595 of 33,689

If you love the ZS6, why not just install $0.25 worth of foam tips on them? That has been verified to reduce the treble spike. If you are already using foams, or want more treble reduction, you could also do the ZST foam mod. It is free, and only takes a few minutes. That has also been verified by members to completely eliminate the hot treble issue.

Just trying to give you ideas, because you said you were on a tight budget. So better to try something free or near free before spending more money on something that may not be any better.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #12,596 of 33,689
Thank you everyone for your replies! I have ordered special tips for my kz zs6 and I'll see if the treble is better. I guess I'll have to wait and see what people say and if the lz a5 is going to be better than the FLC8S then :D I hope the lz a5 comes before Christmas! Are the FLC8S much better than the lz a4?

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #12,597 of 33,689
Thank you everyone for your replies! I have ordered special tips for my kz zs6 and I'll see if the treble is better. I guess I'll have to wait and see what people say and if the lz a5 is going to be better than the FLC8S then :D I hope the lz a5 comes before Christmas! Are the FLC8S much better than the lz a4?

Oh and on behalf of all of us folks on the forums here at Head-Fi...our condolences to your wallet. :ksc75smile:

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #12,598 of 33,689

Screenshot_2017_10_25_11_29_38.jpg

From Brooko's review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back