Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 24, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #12,562 of 33,689
Oct 24, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #12,564 of 33,689
They offered me £10 to change my review to 5 stars

Nothing like an honest company with so much faith in their products that they bribe people to bias reviews.

I’ve said it before - this happens a more than people know. I know of a case off the top of my head where a headphone manufacturer was paying YouTubers $500 EACH for flat out lying and giving glowing reviews when the product was complete junk.

That’s why I keep saying the reviews on sites like YouTube, Amazon, etc can’t be trusted.

Your own ears don’t lie to you. You’ll save money and headaches in the long run by doing some basic research on sites like HF and a few others, and then demoing the HP/EP yourself. If you can’t do it in a store or meet, find another local member. If none of this are options, buy it from Amazon and return it if you are unhappy with it.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #12,565 of 33,689
Nothing like an honest company with so much faith in their products that they bribe people to bias reviews.

I’ve said it before - this happens a more than people know. I know of a case off the top of my head where a headphone manufacturer was paying YouTubers $500 EACH for flat out lying and giving glowing reviews when the product was complete junk.

That’s why I keep saying the reviews on sites like YouTube, Amazon, etc can’t be trusted.
That's exactly why I never buy anything unless people here have tried it and liked it! I don't have enough money to waste on manipulative companies.

Oct 24, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #12,566 of 33,689
Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #12,567 of 33,689
That's exactly why I never buy anything unless people here have tried it and liked it! I don't have enough money to waste on manipulative companies.

Yup. Even if you don’t end up liking it as much as the HF members who recommended it, at least you can trust the source.

We all have different tastes, so there’s no guarantee that we’ll all like the sound of HP/EP xyz, but if 90% of us say something is junk, sounds terrible, falls apart, etc you will at have a pretty good idea to steer clear.

Oct 24, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #12,569 of 33,689
Not too bad but steadily rising :disappointed_relieved:

I do not for the life of me understand why people get bent out of shape at this.

Y'all do realize LZ still sells cheaper crap right? Like, there's still an A2 and an A3, the A4 likely will stick around.

I swear it's like people feel entitled to being able to afford higher models at the same price of the still available lower models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back