Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 26, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #7,322 of 33,689

I'm going to sound like a broken record, but... under this budget limit, consider the PMV A-01 Mk. II. Read the few reviews here on the forum, all are very positive. I have them, too, and can say nothing but good stuff about them. With the current sale, they're gonna be around $50-55, which is a very nice price.

Never seen these before. You are giving me ideas. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #7,323 of 33,689
I'm having problems loading the pictures for the MEMT X7 and the X9, but I can give some quick listening impressions.....

The MEMT X7 has an incredible sub-bass that will please many bass heads on the merits of having such detailed and clean definition on sub-bass alone. While the upper midrange and treble plays incredibly clear and somewhat with a crisp-like sound signature. They have a deep sense of depth, while providing a wide, larger than life, soundstage. These are probably going to be an incredible value for their performance.

The MEMT X9 plays at a more balanced towards neutral signature, but with great clarity, even more neutral then the X5 with its double-flange default tips. They provide a quick bass response with life-like vocals and clean details to micro-details. The soundstage is excellent with very good imaging. These can easily go head-to-head with either the XE800, or the GR07's. All kidding aside!

Finally, I can say that MEMT is going in the right direction with price and sound preference and one can only hope they keep building on a positive reputation towards quality, trust, and integrity.

-Clear
how many drivers and estimated price ?

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #7,324 of 33,689
https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=8
The sq on the Aune M1s is amazing but unfortunately I've not heard the K3 so can't say anything about that specific pairing. Aune needs to adresse the cut off for a millisecond at the start of each song though but it's my understanding that they're working on it and a new fw should be out soon. Apart from that it's a very solid offering and the balanced output does indeed sound great.

Thanks for the VE cable link!

I've got the Espresso Monk Plus (2.5TRRS), and I really like that soft cable assembly.  It's non-microphonic, and the Bass response is better than on the standard Monk Plus model.

It's great that Venture Electronics is selling it as a stand-alone 2.5mm TRRS to MMCX cable - especially for $10 - $15 (depending on optional accessories).  That's less than half the price of the Luna Shops 2.5mm TRRS to MMCX cable I bought last year (which seems to be gone from their AliExpress page - except for bulk orders).

Have you tried a memory card any larger than the recommended 128GB in the M1s?

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #7,325 of 33,689

The LZ A4 is back on Massdrop, by the way, but considering the addition of shipping costs (which most AliExpress sellers don't have you pay), the drop in price isn't anything to get excited about.ple

You should not blame Ali. You should blame those who hyped it. Why would they give more discount if many people think it's a steal buy?

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #7,326 of 33,689
  7th shopping list:
boarseman C98
DZAT DF-10
ROCK ZIRCON (RAU0501)
UiiSii HM7
URBANFUN Hi-Fi
VKKB K4S
Tennmak Dulcimer
Somic V4
EINSEAR T2

OK now tear it apart and tell me what I really want

haven't heard the boarseman or the uiisii, but would recommend the urbanfun and (somewhat similarly-tuned) einsear without reservation; the dulcimer are bolder/bassier and also vg

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #7,327 of 33,689
:grinning: Everyone has their own audio nirvanna , Skull. Some of us like the Musicmaker tuning, some don't. I can also appreciate more natural tunings. To each their own. In music appreciation there is no right or wrong. If you like it then it has accomplished its function. I also keep the TK12 within reach.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #7,328 of 33,689
  I found the Mee Audio Pinnacle P1 going for $166 on Ali anniversary here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Authentic-MEE-Audio-MEElectronics-Pinnacle-P1-Audiophile-Bass-HIFI-DJ-Studio-Monitor-Music-In-Ear-Earphones/32755489721.html

Anyone have any experience with this store? Anyone found a better deal than this?

I'd love to see a list of all the best anniversary deals, it's hard to parse through all the stores to figure out who's got the best price on a given IEM.

I bought my P1 on Amazon. For $129.00 I got the P1, Fiio A3, cable, and 32gig memory after getting the Amazon credit card. The deal was from Amazon through Beach Camera.
Amazon still has the P1 for $199.00 with two deals that include the earphones and the Fiio A3 or Q1 amp with a cable.

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #7,329 of 33,689
I bought my P1 on Amazon. For $129.00 I got the P1, Fiio A3, cable, and 32gig memory after getting the Amazon credit card. The deal was from Amazon through Beach Camera.
Amazon still has the P1 for $199.00 with two deals that include the earphones and the Fiio A3 or Q1 amp with a cable.

I'm sure they're made in China, but Mee Audio is an American brand. If you're in the U.S. I wouldn't take the risk that someone is counterfeiting P1 by buying it on ali.

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #7,330 of 33,689
He did not mention a specific date, but he did mention anytime, soon!

I thought the same thing, but instead he mentioned he might either make the nozzle a little bigger to accommodate wide-bore silicone tips, or just offer larger double-flange tips for the lack of bigger size tips that was not offered on the older packages.

....once I get word, I'll let you know.

Thanks, I wish they would go sans mic on the X5..hopefully mine was an isolated defect and those mics don't become problematic...such good sound otherwise..

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #7,333 of 33,689
I am gonna have a good listen to my TK12's tonight, I've been listening to my balanced Angies all morning and that tends to make other iems sound gammy af.
TK12's are pretty different but I've never reached for them and not smiled. Like an 80's high end stereo set up with vinyl. With a bad source the bass is wooly but i doubt
Vapman is using them with a bad source. As for tuning, if you don't like 80's analogue, vinyl, smooth, easy listening with not enough bass to satisfy a bass head - then you won't like them.
For me this dosn't make them bad, just different to the rest. A tuning from left field.

I pulled out my TK12 last night after reading some of the recent posts and I continue to be wowed by them. The soundstage and Resolution are outstanding. They fit my ears perfectly although with the weight I can tell they are there but not uncomfortable at all. I remember that they had calmed my desire to buy more iem"s for a while...think I will listen to them more often...

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #7,334 of 33,689
I pulled out my TK12 last night after reading some of the recent posts and I continue to be wowed by them. The soundstage and Resolution are outstanding. They fit my ears perfectly although with the weight I can tell they are there but not uncomfortable at all. I remember that they had calmed my desire to buy more iem"s for a while...think I will listen to them more often...

Yeah and they scale well, I've been listening to them over this past week and esp today after the comments and sure enough out of the Opus they are the best I've heard them. Very unique sound to them

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #7,335 of 33,689
  What IEM's do you think I'll like if I enjoy the KOSS KSC75 headphones? I'm still waiting for my Memt X5 and UiiSii HM7 in the mail. (5 stars on Audiobudget)

UiiSii HM7 is really nice. I got to listen to them for a very brief period and have been thinking of ordering a pair. I certainly don't need them, lol, but like them enough to buy a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back