Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 26, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #7,291 of 33,689
Wonder anyone here owns the Aune M1s DAP. Thought of upgrading my sourcegear during the 7th sales so that i can go balance on the K3 Pro but wonder how is the synergy between them. Have read good review about the Aune and i believe that's the cheapest balance DAP within my tight budget or is there still others ? Any impressions are welcomed.

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #7,292 of 33,689
The all-in-one choice!! haha

Even though I like my Zircon's and VJJB K-4's before I bought all those Groucho had listed and knowing my A4's I would just by the A4's. Not to mention the filter options would cover 75% of the iem's on that list:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #7,293 of 33,689

Any info on prices or release dates? I'm just about to order the current MEMT x5 or vivo xe800.  Wonder if its worth the wait.

He did not mention a specific date, but he did mention anytime, soon!

How did they revamp the X5? I hope with replaceable cables..

I thought the same thing, but instead he mentioned he might either make the nozzle a little bigger to accommodate wide-bore silicone tips, or just offer larger double-flange tips for the lack of bigger size tips that was not offered on the older packages.

....once I get word, I'll let you know.

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #7,295 of 33,689
:cool: First I've ever heard ANYONE call the TK12 Terrible. I've had a pair of those 50AP. Unless you are a basshead those are pretty much a joke by comparison. From my personal experience you have to get into some fairly serious cash to get into a Sony model that rivals the TK12 at least well over $100.

JMHO

:cool: :cool: TWIN

I thought the TK12s were great. Only reason we parted ways was a fit issue with my problematic right ear.

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #7,296 of 33,689

He did not mention a specific date, but he did mention anytime, soon!

I thought the same thing, but instead he mentioned he might either make the nozzle a little bigger to accommodate wide-bore silicone tips, or just offer larger double-flange tips for the lack of bigger size tips that was not offered on the older packages.

....once I get word, I'll let you know.

That X9 though....wow all bass 
frown.gif

Mar 26, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #7,297 of 33,689
Wonder anyone here owns the Aune M1s DAP. Thought of upgrading my sourcegear during the 7th sales so that i can go balance on the K3 Pro but wonder how is the synergy between them. Have read good review about the Aune and i believe that's the cheapest balance DAP within my tight budget or is there still others ? Any impressions are welcomed.

I have an M1S but not a k3P. The M1s is great if you don't need extras like streaming and an EQ etc. If you just need a DAP with 2.5mm balanced out that sounds great but has no extras then this is the one.It goes well with every IEM I have so theres little doubt it will pair well with a k3. There is no hiss and the background is black af.
The only iem it didnt pair well with was the D2, it turned it into a cold and shrill mess, guess it needed a touch of warmth from the player.

There is a split second cut off at the start of each song with the M1s and apparently Aune are working on a firmware update to fix it but until that is fixed
I wouldn't recommend it. Once it is fixed though it will be a hands down the bare bones balanced dap recommendation of 2016 - 2017.
Check the M1s thread for updates on this new firmware relaese

http://www.head-fi.org/t/827960/aune-m1s-impressions-discussion-thread-aunes-newest-hi-res-dap-with-ess9012km-2-5mm-balanced-out/900#post_13368802

Mar 26, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #7,298 of 33,689
  Any recommendations for Balanced MMCX cable ?  please.

http://penonaudio.com/FIDUE-A83-2.5-3.5mm-MMCX-Cable?search=fidue%20cable

That one is kinda the go to cable, it's a solid choice.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fanmusic-ZY-HiFi-Upgrade-Cable-ZY-050-Balance-Plug-Cable-For-Shure-SE215-SE315-SE425-SE535/32796777876.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.277.3680EF

This one I don't own, but | have some other Zy cables and they are very nicely made.

Fiio make a cheaper one but i think it's microphonic as hell, I own the single ended version and it is so microphonic it's hard to hear the music.

Mar 26, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #7,299 of 33,689
I'm having problems loading the pictures for the MEMT X7 and the X9, but I can give some quick listening impressions.....

The MEMT X7 has an incredible sub-bass that will please many bass heads on the merits of having such detailed and clean definition on sub-bass alone. While the upper midrange and treble plays incredibly clear and somewhat with a crisp-like sound signature. They have a deep sense of depth, while providing a wide, larger than life, soundstage. These are probably going to be an incredible value for their performance.

The MEMT X9 plays at a more balanced towards neutral signature, but with great clarity, even more neutral then the X5 with its double-flange default tips. They provide a quick bass response with life-like vocals and clean details to micro-details. The soundstage is excellent with very good imaging. These can easily go head-to-head with either the XE800, or the GR07's. All kidding aside!

Finally, I can say that MEMT is going in the right direction with price and sound preference and one can only hope they keep building on a positive reputation towards quality, trust, and integrity.

-Clear

Mar 26, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #7,301 of 33,689
Topping NX4 DAC :heart_eyes:

Got FiiO A1 and Walnut so I'll stick there. Cayin N3 on the way, so looking for 7 deal on earphones/iems.

Mar 26, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #7,302 of 33,689
Even though I like my Zircon's and VJJB K-4's before I bought all those Groucho had listed and knowing my A4's I would just by the A4's. Not to mention the filter options would cover 75% of the iem's on that list:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I'm glad you're happy about those, but you can't compare to the Zircon for $10 and the K-4's for $20, your headphones are $200! Not everyone can afford that, or want to.

Mar 26, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #7,303 of 33,689
Mar 26, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #7,304 of 33,689
Any recommendations for Balanced MMCX cable ?  please.

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=8

The sq on the Aune M1s is amazing but unfortunately I've not heard the K3 so can't say anything about that specific pairing. Aune needs to adresse the cut off for a millisecond at the start of each song though but it's my understanding that they're working on it and a new fw should be out soon. Apart from that it's a very solid offering and the balanced output does indeed sound great.

Mar 26, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #7,305 of 33,689

cool.gif
First I've ever heard ANYONE call the TK12 Terrible. I've had a pair of those 50AP. Unless you are a basshead those are pretty much a joke by comparison. From my personal experience you have to get into some fairly serious cash to get into a Sony model that rivals the TK12 at least well over $100.

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

TK12 is flat, unnatural, i am shocked anyone can call it engaging. Then again I consider both TK12 and TK13 as well as SW3 to be examples of horrible, horrible tuning.

Apparently I am the only one who got a free review unit of the TK12 and politely gave it back saying it's better I don't write a review or it'd just be me bashing it. No I really do have a hard time understanding how the TK12 can even command $50.

Yes i am a basshead and i know you know that. I also give a much higher priority to natural sound than whatever the TK12 offers. People talk about the TK12 as if it has the best bass experience since sliced bread...... nah brah. Not even close.

The $80 xb90ex crushed the tk12 in every imaginable way, and the TK13 too. I invite you to give the xb90ex a fair shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back