Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 11, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #4,877 of 33,689
For about half that price on gearbest the Superlux HD381F is a great detailed all rounder but perhaps not too suited for EDM as it's quite flat/neutral sounding and the driver is a bit slow.

Ordered those a couple of days ago. Can't wait to see how they are.

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #4,878 of 33,689
Hey guys,
Is there agreement on a really nice hybrid iem sub $300 that has a smooth, yet detailed sound with good impact and tight bass? I tried the it03 and found it a bit strident at times, but everything else sounded great. 

Jan 11, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #4,879 of 33,689
  Hey guys,
Is there agreement on a really nice hybrid iem sub $300 that has a smooth, yet detailed sound with good impact and tight bass? I tried the it03 and found it a bit strident at times, but everything else sounded great. 

The closest thing to a truly good hybrid that I can think of with that sound signature is the Accutone Pisces BA, which is about $89 over your budget. Of course, there are other things out there, but none that I can think of that match how well that IEM is tuned. @B9Scrambler can back me up on that one.

Jan 11, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #4,880 of 33,689
  The closest thing to a truly good hybrid that I can think of with that sound signature is the Accutone Pisces BA, which is about $89 over your budget. Of course, there are other things out there, but none that I can think of that match how well that IEM is tuned. @B9Scrambler can back me up on that one.

Yup, I'll happily back you on that. It's just too bad they used the materials of a 20 dollar earphone to make them, haha. At least fit and finish is solid, and the sound quality makes up for the rest. Love em!

Jan 11, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #4,881 of 33,689

Yup, I'll happily back you on that. It's just too bad they used the materials of a 20 dollar earphone to make them, haha. At least fit and finish is solid, and the sound quality makes up for the rest. Love em!

Yeah, I'm salty about that too. The non-standard MMCX connectors really are giving me a hard time as well. 

Jan 11, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #4,882 of 33,689
  Yeah, I'm salty about that too. The non-standard MMCX connectors really are giving me a hard time as well. 

Yeah, they are odd connectors. My Shure cable would fit, but of course it's too long and can lock in place. I have a feeling we'll be seeing some positive steps forward from Accutone in the future, so I'm not worried. They seem eager to improve.

Jan 11, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #4,883 of 33,689

Yeah, they are odd connectors. My Shure cable would fit, but of course it's too long and can lock in place. I have a feeling we'll be seeing some positive steps forward from Accutone in the future, so I'm not worried. They seem eager to improve.

Indeed. Did you see that they are now selling a truly-wireless earphone now?

Jan 11, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #4,884 of 33,689
  Indeed. Did you see that they are now selling a truly-wireless earphone now?

Yes I did! Will have one on the way once stock is in. Curious to see how they handle fully wireless. I liked the Syllable D900s but the connection quality was sketchy, especially if I used them as a lefty. Annoying.

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #4,885 of 33,689
Hey guys,

I'm really sorry for bothering you with such a thing, but I'd like to ask you for help with choosing the right Chinese headphones. I'm looking all over the forums today and I found tons of surely great ones. So that's how I ended with like 40 opened tabs and no idea which of them should I choose.
My favorite genres are those which every music pedant hates, so that's got to be metalcore, pop punk, rock, those kinds of stuff. I also like a good bass in my head, and I'm not a fan of loud, ball-twisting heights. Maximum price point is about 70 USD, the cheaper the better, but if it's worth it, then no problem. The last thing I'd like it to have is a rather premium(ish) look, not an ugly cheap blinking plastic toy. I love how for example ISK HD 9999 look like. But that's not the main point. Music sources would be just my phone (LeEco Le Max 2) and PC, so nothing extremely great.

Thank you very much.

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #4,886 of 33,689
Hey guys,

I'm really sorry for bothering you with such a thing, but I'd like to ask you for help with choosing the right Chinese headphones. I'm looking all over the forums today and I found tons of surely great ones. So that's how I ended with like 40 opened tabs and no idea which of them should I choose.

My favorite genres are those which every music pedant hates, so that's got to be metalcore, pop punk, rock, those kinds of stuff. I also like a good bass in my head, and I'm not a fan of loud, ball-twisting heights. Maximum price point is about 70 USD, the cheaper the better, but if it's worth it, then no problem. The last thing I'd like it to have is a rather premium(ish) look, not an ugly cheap blinking plastic toy. I love how for example ISK HD 9999 look like. But that's not the main point. Music sources would be just my phone (LeEco Le Max 2) and PC, so nothing extremely great.

Thank you very much.

One of my favourite all-rounder budget IEM is the VSonic VSD3. The revised version is more durable and still fits in your budget. To me, the signature is balanced with a bump in bass (sub and mid-bass). Do mind that if you drive them too loud (e.g. iPod at 70% volume), it might become a little sibilant. It's never a problem for me, since I listen at low volumes. I do enjoy some heavier music, such as Lamb of God, Erra and even Emmure.

However, I haven't heard nearly as many budget IEMs as other people here, so I would definitely wait for other recommendations!

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #4,887 of 33,689
Hey guys,

LZA4. Second pick would be Magaosi K3

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #4,888 of 33,689

Have to disagree with you there. The Pisces BA I received is awful in terms of comfort and sound. Mine are pure treble cannons:

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #4,889 of 33,689
Have to disagree with you there. The Pisces BA I received is awful in terms of comfort and sound. Mine are pure treble cannons:

I completely forgot that you received a wonky one. And that such a variance in frequency response was considered 'normal' according to Accutone. Curious to see how your pair would sound after hearing the CL1. THOSE are treble cannons, holy mother of potatoes...

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #4,890 of 33,689

That's odd. Yours looks terrible to listen to, even on a graph. I'm sorry for your loss :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back