Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 8, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #3,978 of 33,689
I did borrow my friend's Havi B3. Of all my iems and earbuds I have own. Crazy Cellos are my favourite and are my current drivers.

Sound preference: warm, bass to runs deep and tight, treble accurate but not bright. I love vocals at the same time able to listen to the instruments coming along with it. I sub consciously pay more attentoom to the drumset. I have no idea why I am not a drummer I am a guitarist.

K500 earbuds (USD80)
Treble too sparkly. Too many peaks in the treble. Bright is not my preference (warm bodies mids and a deep tight bass) K500 bass runs deep but very little in quantity. Just too bright for me to enjoy. The K500 resolution edges out the Crazy Cellos because of the peaks in treble. Great earbuds but just not my taste.

KZ ATR USD5 (USED to be my current driver but now its replaced by you know what :) )
Cellos offer much better details. The ATR bass lacks impact and bass details is not as distinct as the Cellos. The ATR perform better in vocals than the cellos at first. After burning in, the cellos vocals had much more body and edges out the ATR.

Is the Cellos 10 times better? Nope.
Is it worth the upgrade? Definitely for me.

KZ ZS3 (USD8)
ZS3 have more bass than the Cellos. At first I thought the bass of the ZS3 is tight. (coming from the upgrade from apple earpods) You got to listen to the Crazy Cellos. Tighter than the ZS3 very satisfying bass on the Cello. There is so much bass quantity on the ZS3 that vocals sound thin on the ZS3 and as a result the ZS3 sound dark. The crazy cellos are not dark but they are not bright.Isolation on the ZS3 is superb whats more cables are detachable definetely a ++ for me. I think they are neutral because I don't find them warm (coming from Monk+ and Shozy Cygnus and Havi
B3)

Is the Cellos 5 times better? Nope
Is it worth the upgrade? If you are not a basshead. Definitely.

Havi B3 Pro 1 (USD55)
Very wide soundstage. Blew me off when I listen to it. After further listening, I have found out its only strong point was its soundstage and vocals. Vocals feels intimate on the Havi. This have very good imaging and separation too. Bass is muddy. Drums do not sound good on this. Even as a dual dynamic, I have no idea how do bass sound this muddy. Still an upgrade from Apple earpods but the bass is just not satisfying. Treble is so-so. The really only thing that is impressive is its soundstage. Isolation of this beats the Cellos as well. In my opinion, sound wise I prefer the Crazy Cellos. I think I made the Havi sound very bad. I think they are good but does not fit my sound preference.

Shozy Cygnus (USD89)
Very mid centric. Instead I think Shozy overdid it. My music sounds weird to me I guess not the way that I like it to be. Vocals does great on this pair of earbuds but the Crazy Cellos are no pushover. Vocals goes to the Cygnus. Cygnus loses in terms of bass quality and quantity and soundstage. Crazy Cellos have a very wide soundstage and coupled with an accurate imaging and separation calls for a deadly combination. The only thing I can enjoy on the Cygnus is more vocal oriented songs. But the cellos are more all rounders. Rock, jazz, instrumental, blues most of the songs that I listen too.

Monk+
Monk+ are warm. Amping it gives good body to the vocals and a good amount of bass. Monk+ loses to the Cellos in terms of treble and detail retrival. Cymbals sounds good but it is not as accurate as the Crazy Cellos. Soundstage also loses to the Cellos.
Whats more you need to amp the Monk+ for it to compete with the Cellos.

Is the cellos 8 times better? Nope.
Is it a noticeable upgrade IMO? Yes.

Is the crazy cellos a new budget king? Definitely not but I just hope I get more opinions on the Shozy Zero. Would love to hear those. If not I do not think I will be spending any more money on any iems soon. Will be saving for some DAC and amp.

Well, this is all my opinions you are free to have yours. This is what my ear catches so if your ear catches something different do let others know as well.

Disclaimer: I compared both iems and earbuds together in terms of soundwise only. Do note that in terms of isolation, you should know earbuds loses miserably.

Dec 8, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #3,979 of 33,689
  Quick first OOTB impressions of my new goodies from the 11.11 sale..

Yinjw S1 ($13)
Pretty good. V-shaped sound. Sub-bass goes deep and punchy. Mid-bass is a bit bloated and makes male vocals and the overall presentation a bit muddy, but I hope this goes away upon burn-in. Separation is below average, because of the mid-bass bump. Soundstage is wide enough but not very deep. Treble is excellent for the price though, guitars sound accurate, and details can be heard. Compared to Einsear T2, S1 sounds, well, slightly muddy. T2's sound sig is neutral with a small sub-bass bump. For acoustic music, I'd listen to T2. For EDM, I'd pick up S1.

PMV A-01 MK2 ($55)
Too warm for my tastes. Don't wanna comment on them yet, but I think they have huge potential after a long burn-in. Could someone give me advice on what tips to use with them?

Moni One ($70)
They are exceptional! They offer a bright sound sig. The bass quantity is more than what I expected after reading reviews of it lacking in bass, it's just enough IMO. The top-end is sooo detailed. Great treble extension and reproduction. It's sparkly and airy that makes up for a wide soundstage. Above average separation as well. Vocals sound a tad thin for my liking because of the emphasized high freqs, but still great nonetheless. Compared to Tennmak Cellos, which are also highly detailed, Moni offers better separation, more microdetails, and more sparkle but I prefer Cello's luscious mids and bass quantity when I'm in for a fun listen.

Right now, Moni Ones are my Top 1 IEMs right next to Tennmak Cellos. 
smily_headphones1.gif

poly, i had similar reaction to the pmv ootb, but they really opened up after burn-in and are definite keepers--as i've previously commented the monis are more refined/precise, but the pmvs might prove more listenable in the long run. they need deep insertion or the bass sounds poorly integrated/wobbly--i got the best results with a smaller-than-typical size complys

Dec 8, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #3,980 of 33,689
   Quote:

After some comfirmation with SENDIY yesterday, I actually made some changes necessary on my review.....

He mentions that "tri-band" relates more to the three tuning nozzles, but indeed is only one DD + one BA each side. So, after that confirmation I've changed some of the statements made on my review, since it was more of a miscommunication from both ends (since he only speaks Chinese). But, I strongly stand confirmed that these are really good in all aspecs as mentioned in my review and can play way beyond its price point. And, remind you, I have compared these with many others besides the ones I wrote in my review and would basically shame them.

I believe, they are currently at $149 US dollars, but they do come with an array of accessories and splash-proof hard case. And, so far he has been doing good with his package deal in China (and overseas), if that's saying anything.

PS. I still would like to see a comparison between K1 and M1221. :ksc75smile:  ....because whether they end-up being the same, it's still a hell of a good deal! --> M1221 with package deal, and the K1 without package deal (for less).

With last minute details on the SENDIY M1221, I failed to mentioned that they definitely portray a sense of great 3D effects in combination with its soundstage. It's the only in-ear earphone that I have, or heard that does this so well. So, who ever purchased the M1221 and could add some feedback on what I've heard so far, it's well appreciated! I love that these are a combination of warm, but vividly clear sounding IEM's with excellent transparency. These are my personal best so far.

.....any more comments on the K1's or the Crazy Cello's for those who own them? Would like to hear more....! :etysmile:

+1 It surely sounds like a mystery! :ph34r:  ....Thanks for your comments!

Hmmm.....glad you were informed that M1221 is a same driver configuration as K1,the dual hybrids...... It appears that you will come back again and reveal that the drivers are same too!!! And that, they are the same drivers as the urbanfun,which are priced $18.

That being said and at this point,if im not wrong,its JUST you who have the M1221 atm? so why dont you get the K1 w/o package deal (so cheap as referred by you) or whatsoever,compare it with your M1221 and share your thoughts? :wink:

I for one,wont invest on a $150 monitor that has a same driver as $18 ones tho it has the sound filters,removable mmcx cable etc,but may be for under $50?sure buy.

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #3,981 of 33,689
Thanks alot bro, few follow up questions before i make the order if you have time please.
What about the vocals and treble. Are the vocals thinner and shouty like 4in1 or is it thick and full like say monk+ or ty32 and is treble hotness similer or less?
One last question, the ba makes all the instruments thin and unnatural no body or weight but it makes great seperation of instruments and timber Does pt15 retain similer level of separation and clarity but more natural sound of instruments?

Thanks again.

Depending on how busy we are at work today, I'll listen to the two **** models, along with some of the others you can see listed in my profile, and let you know the ones I think do best with vocals and treble.  Which styles of music do you listen to?  Currently, most of the music I've ripped to FLAC and put on my DAPs, is Jazz, Big Band, Christmas, and some Celtic, Country, and Gospel.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #3,982 of 33,689
Sorry to get off topic guys i bought some IEMs from aliexpress. Does anyone know who to calculate the ship times? They said 16-26 days via epacket to canada. One parcel says it was shipped on the 21st of november but the teacking number said it was posted on the 29th and didnt leave china until the 30th. Would i calculate the 16-26 days from the 21st or the 30th? Also are the 16-26 days business days or regular days? Again shipped via epacket and the tracking number has not updated since the 30th.

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #3,983 of 33,689
Sorry to get off topic guys i bought some IEMs from aliexpress. Does anyone know who to calculate the ship times? They said 16-26 days via epacket to canada. One parcel says it was shipped on the 21st of november but the teacking number said it was posted on the 29th and didnt leave china until the 30th. Would i calculate the 16-26 days from the 21st or the 30th? Also are the 16-26 days business days or regular days? Again shipped via epacket and the tracking number has not updated since the 30th.

Don't bother. Expect 2-4 weeks from your order date. That's all you can do. Most sellers mark shipped but don't actually ship unless you pay for express shipping

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #3,984 of 33,689
Holy ****. First LZ A4, and now reviving the legendary LZ A2 as the LZ A2 Pro?? LZ is on a mudatruckin roll!!  @peter123 hypeeee!

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-LZ-A2-Pro-In-Ear-Earphones-2BA-DD-Heavy-Bass-HIFI-DJ-Stereo-Earplug-Noise/119089_32777996472.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.vCkEkb

Anyone who missed out on getting the OG LZ A2 this is your chance :)

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #3,985 of 33,689
whats the K1 without package? 

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #3,986 of 33,689
Don't bother. Expect 2-4 weeks from your order date. That's all you can do. Most sellers mark shipped but don't actually ship unless you pay for express shipping

That sucks...so what is epacket than...it was cheap like $3? Looks like im almost at 3 weeks with the first package. 2-4 weeks from the date the seller marked shipped? Or from when the item left the country?

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #3,987 of 33,689
That sucks...so what is epacket than...it was cheap like $3? Looks like im almost at 3 weeks with the first package. 2-4 weeks from the date the seller marked shipped? Or from when the item left the country?

2-4 from the date you ordered is the general norm. Sometime is may run a bit longer. China shipping can be wonky and unpredictable. Yes epacket is cheapest. I paid for Express shipping to the USA for my LZA4, ordered last Saturday, arrived in the USA yesterday and I should have them by this Friday or Saturday. Cost me $15

Dec 8, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #3,989 of 33,689
  Holy ****. First LZ A4, and now reviving the legendary LZ A2 as the LZ A2 Pro?? LZ is on a mudatruckin roll!!  @peter123 hypeeee!

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-LZ-A2-Pro-In-Ear-Earphones-2BA-DD-Heavy-Bass-HIFI-DJ-Stereo-Earplug-Noise/119089_32777996472.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.vCkEkb

Anyone who missed out on getting the OG LZ A2 this is your chance :)

cool.gif
Hopefully it's the same, RJ.  I just hit up my seller waiting for a reply as to how spendy it's going to be.
ksc75smile.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #3,990 of 33,689

so far I have probably burned in my Crazy Cellos for around 80 hours or so, I have also listened to them for around 20-40 hours combined. Not sure if its burn in or my ears getting accustomed to the Crazy Cellos. But currently the bass of the crazy cellos runs deep and tight. Even tighter than the ZS3 I feel but not as much quantity as the ZS3. It is very articulate with its bass. Very good projection and differentiation between the toms and bass drums. Not too much bass until it is counted as a basshead iem but fun enough for casual listening. Treble is good in a sense that cymbals do not sound splashy. Hi-cats sounds very accurate, the crazy cellos is a very fast attack iem. OOTB I felt the vocals were abit thin because the bass felt overwhelming but currently, I feel that vocals are more intimate and have more body. Soundstage its wider than a KZ ZS3 but just still loses to the Havi B3. There is also height in the Crazy Cello soundstage but no forward or back. Tbh not a fan of Havi's even though its soundstage is amazing because their bass felt muddy and cymbals do sound splashy. The separation and imaging is great on the Crazy Cellos at least after burn in. You could try ONION - ONE OK ROCK. There is one part that say "1! 2! 3! 4!" You could hear the vocals moving from left to right. I don't own the K1's. But I do hope this helps!

Man, now I definitely need a "Crazy Cello's"! Thanks for giving us a more clear perspective on them!  
etysmile.gif

I did borrow my friend's Havi B3. Of all my iems and earbuds I have own. Crazy Cellos are my favourite and are my current drivers.

Sound preference: warm, bass to runs deep and tight, treble accurate but not bright. I love vocals at the same time able to listen to the instruments coming along with it. I sub consciously pay more attentoom to the drumset. I have no idea why I am not a drummer I am a guitarist.

K500 earbuds (USD80)
Treble too sparkly. Too many peaks in the treble. Bright is not my preference (warm bodies mids and a deep tight bass) K500 bass runs deep but very little in quantity. Just too bright for me to enjoy. The K500 resolution edges out the Crazy Cellos because of the peaks in treble. Great earbuds but just not my taste.

KZ ATR USD5 (USED to be my current driver but now its replaced by you know what
smily_headphones1.gif
)
Cellos offer much better details. The ATR bass lacks impact and bass details is not as distinct as the Cellos. The ATR perform better in vocals than the cellos at first. After burning in, the cellos vocals had much more body and edges out the ATR.

Is the Cellos 10 times better? Nope.
Is it worth the upgrade? Definitely for me.

KZ ZS3 (USD8)
ZS3 have more bass than the Cellos. At first I thought the bass of the ZS3 is tight. (coming from the upgrade from apple earpods) You got to listen to the Crazy Cellos. Tighter than the ZS3 very satisfying bass on the Cello. There is so much bass quantity on the ZS3 that vocals sound thin on the ZS3 and as a result the ZS3 sound dark. The crazy cellos are not dark but they are not bright.Isolation on the ZS3 is superb whats more cables are detachable definetely a ++ for me. I think they are neutral because I don't find them warm (coming from Monk+ and Shozy Cygnus and Havi
B3)

Is the Cellos 5 times better? Nope
Is it worth the upgrade? If you are not a basshead. Definitely.

Havi B3 Pro 1 (USD55)
Very wide soundstage. Blew me off when I listen to it. After further listening, I have found out its only strong point was its soundstage and vocals. Vocals feels intimate on the Havi. This have very good imaging and separation too. Bass is muddy. Drums do not sound good on this. Even as a dual dynamic, I have no idea how do bass sound this muddy. Still an upgrade from Apple earpods but the bass is just not satisfying. Treble is so-so. The really only thing that is impressive is its soundstage. Isolation of this beats the Cellos as well. In my opinion, sound wise I prefer the Crazy Cellos. I think I made the Havi sound very bad. I think they are good but does not fit my sound preference.

Shozy Cygnus (USD89)
Very mid centric. Instead I think Shozy overdid it. My music sounds weird to me I guess not the way that I like it to be. Vocals does great on this pair of earbuds but the Crazy Cellos are no pushover. Vocals goes to the Cygnus. Cygnus loses in terms of bass quality and quantity and soundstage. Crazy Cellos have a very wide soundstage and coupled with an accurate imaging and separation calls for a deadly combination. The only thing I can enjoy on the Cygnus is more vocal oriented songs. But the cellos are more all rounders. Rock, jazz, instrumental, blues most of the songs that I listen too.

Monk+
Monk+ are warm. Amping it gives good body to the vocals and a good amount of bass. Monk+ loses to the Cellos in terms of treble and detail retrival. Cymbals sounds good but it is not as accurate as the Crazy Cellos. Soundstage also loses to the Cellos.
Whats more you need to amp the Monk+ for it to compete with the Cellos.

Is the cellos 8 times better? Nope.
Is it a noticeable upgrade IMO? Yes.

Is the crazy cellos a new budget king? Definitely not but I just hope I get more opinions on the Shozy Zero. Would love to hear those. If not I do not think I will be spending any more money on any iems soon. Will be saving for some DAC and amp.

Well, this is all my opinions you are free to have yours. This is what my ear catches so if your ear catches something different do let others know as well.

Disclaimer: I compared both iems and earbuds together in terms of soundwise only. Do note that in terms of isolation, you should know earbuds loses miserably.

Your impression on the "Cello's" VS "everything else" was off the charts! ....Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Hmmm.....glad you were informed that M1221 is a same driver configuration as K1,the dual hybrids...... It appears that you will come back again and reveal that the drivers are same too!!! And that, they are the same drivers as the urbanfun,which are priced $18.

That being said and at this point,if im not wrong,its JUST you who have the M1221 atm? so why dont you get the K1 w/o package deal (so cheap as referred by you) or whatsoever,compare it with your M1221 and share your thoughts?
wink.gif

I for one,wont invest on a $150 monitor that has a same driver as $18 ones tho it has the sound filters,removable mmcx cable etc,but may be for under $50?sure buy.

Sorry to disagree with you, but I do have the URBANFUN as well and they don't sound anywhere near as good as the SENDIY M1221. --> They are just in another level and more revealing in coherency, texture, and clarity. And, just because the BA may look the same doesn't necessarily mean they are the same. There are many branded and non-branded earphones that may use the same housing structure as well as similar looking drivers and BA's, but unless you have both to compare, I will definitely not have a say without concrete evidence on what I write about. Yes, corrections were done to my review, but only with the number of drivers and BA, but doesn't change a thing with my description on there "sound signature".

So far, they have everything I have beat to a pulp! 
cool.gif
 .....just my 2 pesos.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back