Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 8, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #3,961 of 33,689
Man thanks alot for the info, always want to know more info on my targets and u gave me all the missing info. I wanted to know about soundstage and thin vocal etc. Seems cellos is a sidegrade or tiny upgrade to my 4in1.

Does anyone know how is pt15 compared to these 4in1 and cellos.

That leaves A4 soundstage vs havi b3 and shockwave and overall comparisons of a4 against shockwave 3 and flc6s and cax black.

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #3,963 of 33,689
so far I have probably burned in my Crazy Cellos for around 80 hours or so, I have also listened to them for around 20-40 hours combined. Not sure if its burn in or my ears getting accustomed to the Crazy Cellos. But currently the bass of the crazy cellos runs deep and tight. Even tighter than the ZS3 I feel but not as much quantity as the ZS3. It is very articulate with its bass. Very good projection and differentiation between the toms and bass drums. Not too much bass until it is counted as a basshead iem but fun enough for casual listening. Treble is good in a sense that cymbals do not sound splashy. Hi-cats sounds very accurate, the crazy cellos is a very fast attack iem. OOTB I felt the vocals were abit thin because the bass felt overwhelming but currently, I feel that vocals are more intimate and have more body. Soundstage its wider than a KZ ZS3 but just still loses to the Havi B3. There is also height in the Crazy Cello soundstage but no forward or back. Tbh not a fan of Havi's even though its soundstage is amazing because their bass felt muddy and cymbals do sound splashy. The separation and imaging is great on the Crazy Cellos at least after burn in. You could try ONION - ONE OK ROCK. There is one part that say "1! 2! 3! 4!" You could hear the vocals moving from left to right. I don't own the K1's. But I do hope this helps!

+Agreed. Tenmark products have big improvement on burn in.

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #3,964 of 33,689
Man thanks alot for the info, always want to know more info on my targets and u gave me all the missing info. I wanted to know about soundstage and thin vocal etc. Seems cellos is a sidegrade or tiny upgrade to my 4in1.

Does anyone know how is pt15 compared to these 4in1 and cellos.

That leaves A4 soundstage vs havi b3 and shockwave and overall comparisons of a4 against shockwave 3 and flc6s and cax black.

I have the **** PT15 and **** 4in1, but don't have the Cellos.

The 4in1 has more Bass impact, as an in-the-ear model, but the PT15 has a surprising amount of Bass, once you get them set on your ear correctly. I wear both earphones with over-the-ear cables, since it's more comfortable and secure.

The PT15 is lighter & more comfortable to wear, and their sound-stage is enveloping - hearing sounds beside, behind, and above you - as well as out in-front of you.

If you want more low-end thump, the 4in1 sounds good, and isolates well. If you want a b-i-g sound-stage, and don't need maximum Isolation the PT15 delivers. 

Take Care, 
David Baldock

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #3,965 of 33,689
There was a problem with the first shipment of these. I'm supposedly on the next shipment, so if you were too I should have these soon.

The DT2+ is pretty damn good, just needs EQ to really shine like most under $50 sets. DT2+ has a bit too much midbass (which is easily tamed) and mids that need a slight boost.

Yeah, my pair is from the new batch.

Dec 8, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #3,966 of 33,689
I have the **** PT15 and **** 4in1, but don't have the Cellos.

The 4in1 has more Bass impact, as an in-the-ear model, but the PT15 has a surprising amount of Bass, once you get them set on your ear correctly. I wear both earphones with over-the-ear cables, since it's more comfortable and secure.

The PT15 is lighter & more comfortable to wear, and their sound-stage is enveloping - hearing sounds beside, behind, and above you - as well as out in-front of you.

If you want more low-end thump, the 4in1 sounds good, and isolates well. If you want a b-i-g sound-stage, and don't need maximum Isolation the PT15 delivers. 

Take Care, 

David Baldock

Thanks alot bro, few follow up questions before i make the order if you have time please.
What about the vocals and treble. Are the vocals thinner and shouty like 4in1 or is it thick and full like say monk+ or ty32 and is treble hotness similer or less?
One last question, the ba makes all the instruments thin and unnatural no body or weight but it makes great seperation of instruments and timber Does pt15 retain similer level of separation and clarity but more natural sound of instruments?

Thanks again.

Dec 8, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #3,967 of 33,689
  There's a new 3BA iem from HCK's store: 2016 New CTZ 3BA 

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-CTZ-3BA-In-Ear-Earphone-3BA-Drive-Unit-DIY-HIFI-Monitoring-Earphone-With-MMCX/1825606_32775729468.html

These look pretty incredible imo. I love how they're styled.

Wow the shells look amazing. Is it wrong to want an IEM for looking so ridiculously good? Hope some reviews of these pop up eventually.

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #3,971 of 33,689

The legend is back

Interested! Unless it has similar tuning to A2S 
frown.gif

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #3,973 of 33,689
Quick first OOTB impressions of my new goodies from the 11.11 sale..

Yinjw S1 ($13)
Pretty good. V-shaped sound. Sub-bass goes deep and punchy. Mid-bass is a bit bloated and makes male vocals and the overall presentation a bit muddy, but I hope this goes away upon burn-in. Separation is below average, because of the mid-bass bump. Soundstage is wide enough but not very deep. Treble is excellent for the price though, guitars sound accurate, and details can be heard. Compared to Einsear T2, S1 sounds, well, slightly muddy. T2's sound sig is neutral with a small sub-bass bump. For acoustic music, I'd listen to T2. For EDM, I'd pick up S1.

PMV A-01 MK2 ($55)
Too warm for my tastes. Don't wanna comment on them yet, but I think they have huge potential after a long burn-in. Could someone give me advice on what tips to use with them?

Moni One ($70)
They are exceptional! They offer a bright sound sig. The bass quantity is more than what I expected after reading reviews of it lacking in bass, it's just enough IMO. The top-end is sooo detailed. Great treble extension and reproduction. It's sparkly and airy that makes up for a wide soundstage. Above average separation as well. Vocals sound a tad thin for my liking because of the emphasized high freqs, but still great nonetheless. Compared to Tennmak Cellos, which are also highly detailed, Moni offers better separation, more microdetails, and more sparkle but I prefer Cello's luscious mids and bass quantity when I'm in for a fun listen.

Right now, Moni Ones are my Top 1 IEMs right next to Tennmak Cellos. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #3,975 of 33,689
And they are back in the game, perhaps if the price goes down under 35 usd i will order them, but right now i am only looking at an end game iem / earbud. Which are A4, SW3, CAX Black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back