Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 23, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #361 of 33,689
My **** Ues arrived today. I've been listening for a couple of hours and I'm going to give some of my early impressions. Please note that I haven't heard any top tier iem, English isn't my native language, and I lack all of that audiophile terminology, and that I like warm sound signatures/bass emphasis curves; V shape for example.

The build quality of the senfers is good for the price. I would say it's on par with my mee audio m6 pro but the shells are huge in comparison, they are very light though. The look of the carbon fiber pattern on the shells looks a bit cheap to me. The cable provided also feels a bit flimsy and cheap but it's really flexible, so over ear use is super comfortable. Left and right markings on the mmcx plugs fortunately.

Now some early impressions about the sound, and comparison to the M6 Pro. Sound signature is pretty similar to the Mee audio, but there are some areas in which,IMO, the **** is better. The soundstage for example, is definitely wider, instrument separation is just so good for a $28 iem. The bass is tight and goes really deep, the m6 pro bass hits harder though; there's a bit more quantity on those but the Senfers deliver plenty. Highs are clear and I think is on par (maybe just slightly better) with my m6 without been harsh or fatiguing (the m6 can be quite harsh sometimes).

For $25-30 I think is a great sounding IEM I'm really happy with them. You get about the same sound signature of the m6 pro but fuller and more spacious and natural. I'm loving them with black metal and pop/k-pop :)

Thanks for this, but by **** Ues do you mean the 4in1?

Got my 4 in 1 today. The hype is deserved if these stay around $25.

I have to take a measurement and play with EQ. A bump up in mids a bit and a cut midbass would do wonders. They have a good V sound right out of the box and are a bit more exciting than the Shozy Zeros already. They are also more comfortable, and I can run them balanced. Lots of good things so far.

How's the earpiece housing size..do you find it to be too big or just right?

I haven't, but you can match the FR curve and compare once I take a measurement.

These may overtake my LZ-a2 as my daily driver. The soundstage, bass and treble are already better, and I haven't even run them balanced yet...

These are also more enjoyable than the $99 Simgot EN700 for reference.

I chose the silver cable.

Is the black cable somehow inferior to the silver cable? And is the stock **** 4in1 cable good or needs replacing with something better?

Sep 23, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #362 of 33,689
  Received my XE800, I bought it from taobao for just $15. First of all, build quality is very good, the housing were well made. The gap between each part is nearly invisible, housing size is small, very comfortable to wear. They look exactly like the picture in the description, while those tips coming with bear the "Vsonic" logo (look like a bird, which is engraved on the GR07 jack too). From this I can tell that the XE800 were made by Vsonic. Big cons of them is the "Earpod" like cable, it feels just like the Earpod cable, soft and unreliable.
Sound is easy going, more neutral than the **** 4in1.
The mids is smoother, while the **** 4in1 is colder and have more spakling. Micro-detail is good but not as excellent as the 4in1. Treble does not have much energy as the 4in1, 4in1 is airy and sparkling. Bass lags behind the 4in1, not as impactful and punchy, the bass quanlity is fine for me.
P/S: Just my 2 cents.

Ugh was about to order the Vivo XE800 but do you think the price difference is worth it to get the 4in1 over the XE800?

4in1 = 24,33 euro
XE800 = 15,33 euro

Sep 23, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #363 of 33,689
I finally figured then out. Can't push the tip to far down on the stem, and find the biggest tips you can find to get a decent seal then the bass comes out. Like you said not for bassheads but very decent mid bass.. mids and highs are Great! Very Clear, vocals up front but not overly so. Extremely comfortable. Will probably benefit from amping...was regretting the purchase till I found the key...

I may have to try different tips.  My impression has been closer to yours, in that I find the XE800 to be too bass-light.  Granted, I'm a bit of a bass head, but can appreciate a neutral signature.  These fall on the brighter side of neutral for me.  I was very surprised to hear they're similar to the GR07 given I'd always assumed they had more bass than what I hear with the XE800.   

The foamies I've been using get pushed up all the way to the housing and that might be causing an issue with seal.  I have other foamies that don't go all the way down the stem and provide a shallower insertion depth as a result.  I didn't notice a difference in bass response when I tried them, but will give them another whirl.  I've been assuming that I'm getting a decent seal because the mids seem full enough.   

I agree about the comfort; they're quite comfortable. 

Sep 23, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #364 of 33,689
  I've been gone for awhile.  My friend is asking for recommendations for two IEMs:

1.  $30 USD for bluetooth + mic
2.  $30 USD for corded + mic

Bluetooth has to work with iPhone.

Any recommendations?

So for corded, thanks for the recommendation on Accutone Lyra and Brainwavz Jive.  Any other recommendations?

What about for bluetooth?

Sep 23, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #365 of 33,689
A friend is looking for an over-ear, closed headphone for around $50.  I was going to recommend Takstar Pro 80/Gemini HSR-1000, but don't see that for $50 any longer.  Any recommendations?

Sep 23, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #369 of 33,689
  Received my XE800, I bought it from taobao for just $15. First of all, build quality is very good, the housing were well made. The gap between each part is nearly invisible, housing size is small, very comfortable to wear. They look exactly like the picture in the description, while those tips coming with bear the "Vsonic" logo (look like a bird, which is engraved on the GR07 jack too). From this I can tell that the XE800 were made by Vsonic. Big cons of them is the "Earpod" like cable, it feels just like the Earpod cable, soft and unreliable.
Sound is easy going, more neutral than the **** 4in1.
The mids is smoother, while the **** 4in1 is colder and have more spakling. Micro-detail is good but not as excellent as the 4in1. Treble does not have much energy as the 4in1, 4in1 is airy and sparkling. Bass lags behind the 4in1, not as impactful and punchy, the bass quanlity is fine for me.
P/S: Just my 2 cents.

as good as some of these  tenmaks, kzs, etc. can be, imo the true champs in the $25 realm are the XE800 and the **** DT2 (i don't have the 4in1)--they're the ones which make you say "they're really good" as opposed to "they're really good for the money." unlike some posters, i do hear quite a bit of subbass in the XE800, tho the midbass is lean--could be fit/tips.

Sep 23, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #371 of 33,689
Yes, a much costlier one! Pledging between GBP99-139, do you think it's good value for money product?

I think the second project, which I pledged, is far superior to the first one but it will be months away. And on kickstarter, anything can happen between paying & delivery (if any). Hence, my suggestion for their currently shipping first project. As to whether it is good value, I think some of the AliExpress DACs can match the value of the second KS project. But, you know, dealing with a china dealer vs bunch of quite responsive (so far) KS creators - you take your pick. HifimeDIY suggested earlier has a decent range. Else hunt around Ebay & AliExpress. I think you might get better help/suggestions from Dedicated Source or Computer Audio section of this forum.

Sep 23, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #372 of 33,689
Sep 23, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #373 of 33,689

as good as some of these  tenmaks, kzs, etc. can be, imo the true champs in the $25 realm are the XE800 and the **** DT2 (i don't have the 4in1)--they're the ones which make you say "they're really good" as opposed to "they're really good for the money." unlike some posters, i do hear quite a bit of subbass in the XE800, tho the midbass is lean--could be fit/tips.

$18 for a geguine Vivo XE800 is a no-brainer. Couldn't ask more at that price.
Yes the XE800 fit best with the shallow fit, If pushed to deep, midrange sounds veiled, lacks of sparkles, bass will sound bloated.

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #375 of 33,689
cool.gif
This is what I get for reading this new Thread.

I now have a pair of MaGoasi Hybrids on the way..... I liked the Orange ones.

The forces of evil are at work in this thread already.
biggrin.gif

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-MaGaosi-Hybrid-In-Ear-Earphone-2BA-with-1DD-HIFI-Bass-Metal-In-Ear-Headset-With/32737134982.html?shortkey=UjmeYn6r&addresstype=600

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back