Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 23, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #391 of 33,689
I may have to try different tips.  My impression has been closer to yours, in that I find the XE800 to be too bass-light.  Granted, I'm a bit of a bass head, but can appreciate a neutral signature.  These fall on the brighter side of neutral for me.  I was very surprised to hear they're similar to the GR07 given I'd always assumed they had more bass than what I hear with the XE800.   

The foamies I've been using get pushed up all the way to the housing and that might be causing an issue with seal.  I have other foamies that don't go all the way down the stem and provide a shallower insertion depth as a result.  I didn't notice a difference in bass response when I tried them, but will give them another whirl.  I've been assuming that I'm getting a decent seal because the mids seem full enough.   

I agree about the comfort; they're quite comfortable. 

Foam tips didn't work at all for me on these. Used large size silicon tips that I buy on Amazon and finally got a seal after pulling then off the housing. Night and day difference in overall sound quality. Very pleasing addictive sound. No bass slam but didn't need it Bass was enough and quality. Will find the name of the tips on Amazon. I use them for everything cuz they are a bit bigger than most and I have large eat canal openings.

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #393 of 33,689
Foam tips didn't work at all for me on these. Used large size silicon tips that I buy on Amazon and finally got a seal after pulling then off the housing. Night and day difference in overall sound quality. Very pleasing addictive sound. No bass slam but didn't need it Bass was enough and quality. Will find the name of the tips on Amazon. I use them for everything cuz they are a bit bigger than most and I have large eat canal openings.

ITIS 10 Replacement Earbud tips Ear Gel for Monster Beats, iBeats,Tour, Urbeats se, Urbeats, Powerbeats (Not for PowerBeats 2 Wireless), HeartBeats, Diddybeats In-Ear Headphones With ITIS Headphone Cable Cord Clip (GREEN, LARGE) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BCRGEQO/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_DZz5xb3CMVV7G
These are the tips I use on the XE800 and just about everything else. Hope it helps

Sep 23, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #397 of 33,689
Not much consolation but at least you got your stuff, I ordered about a week ago and no shipping notice and the only reply I get from Jim is don't worry we'll ship it when ask what day. I think he may be struggling with the popularity of recent things. Kind of disappointing IMO.

Yeah at least one other member said that after 2 weeks Jim finally came clean and said he doesn't actually have any stock of the 4in1. There is more than one seller of them on AE

Sep 23, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #399 of 33,689
How is the packaging of the 4in1? I have seen the whole box from clearhead but also people with only a $1 case.

Some seller just ship with a case and thats about $5-7 cheaper that way.

Sep 23, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #402 of 33,689
These headphones look amazing:

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Selling-Tibetan-silver-DIY-Handmade-Custom-Dynamically-HiFi-In-Ear-Earphone-DIY-Custom-personality-Chinese/32710693265.html?scm=1007.13446.47368.0&pvid=4447066d-f82b-4f16-b338-2a31cf380912&tpp=1

Sep 23, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #403 of 33,689
  Can someone help me? Just need to know the chips are good. Thank you

The XMOS/PCM5102 (USB RX/DAC) combo should give good results. I think these also come with upgraded TCXO option. The biggest problem, IMHO, ordering these things from China is their inconsistent quality control. If you are unlucky, you could get a dud or one that hisses like a steam train. I have seen these designs floating around for a while now; so hopefully they have worked out the kinks.

Sep 23, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #405 of 33,689

The XMOS/PCM5102 (USB RX/DAC) combo should give good results. I think these also come with upgraded TCXO option. The biggest problem, IMHO, ordering these things from China is their inconsistent quality control. If you are unlucky, you could get a dud or one that hisses like a steam train. I have seen these designs floating around for a while now; so hopefully they have worked out the kinks.

Thank you for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back