Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 6, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #31,262 of 33,689
@RikudouGoku nice pics there, really good use of light to get all that pink waifu gear out there :ksc75smile:
...that "pink" light is supposed to be more blue/whiteish...my camera sucks (lg G7) so cant do anything about it :joy:

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #31,263 of 33,689
That’s why we shouldn’t treat graphs as the bible. Because graphs don’t tell the whole story, and the best way to know how something sounds is actually listen to it.
That is true, but if you cant listen to it before buying there isnt much you can do about it :sob: (especially if there arent many reviews out there except the graph.)

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #31,264 of 33,689
...that "pink" light is supposed to be more blue/whiteish...my camera sucks (lg G7) so cant do anything about it :joy:

I think he’s talking about the first picture. All of the pink packaging

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #31,265 of 33,689
well again my camera sucks, the packaging is white and "beige" colored....

Better colors here lol.

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #31,266 of 33,689
Yeah I don't really care what's intentional and what's not, just that the first two pics in particular are real nice :beerchug:

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #31,267 of 33,689
That is true, but if you cant listen to it before buying there isnt much you can do about it :sob: (especially if there arent many reviews out there except the graph.)

I’m referring to the people that are interested in an earphone, see the graph from 1 person, and immediately write it off forever. Not realizing that graphs are often not 100% accurate, nor are they an exact representation of what a particular headphone may sound like in real life.

There are so many different things that can influence a graph and make it inaccurate in 1 or more areas. Different couplers, different insertion depth, different eartips, temperature, humidity, resonances artifacts, microphone inaccuracies, room environment, vibrations, external noise level, etc.

I just think people put waaaay too much faith in a graph, and make purchasing decisions based solely on them. Not even multiple graphs from different sources, but one single graph from one single person.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #31,268 of 33,689
Oh nice. I will be looking forward to your impressions/review. My unit has only just reached Europe, so it will be a couple more weeks before I get it.

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #31,269 of 33,689

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iudesk.android.photo.editor

I've used this app for a few years now on a few different phones. Great for simple editing. Saves me from having to edit in Adobe on my laptop.

Under 'color' you can change the 'temperature' of the photo (in kelvin), which would allow you to eliminate the pink hue rendered by your camera. I use it to rotate, crop and perform various other editing as well (text, arrows).

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #31,270 of 33,689
Oh nice. I will be looking forward to your impressions/review. My unit has only just reached Europe, so it will be a couple more weeks before I get it.
...well depending on what music you listen to...it is either bad or good....
from what I have listened to, it seems that all my rock/metal songs are out of the question. With the electric guitars in all of them being sibilant.

"epic orchestral" music like Two steps from hell - Archangel sound very epic, with very good violins and technicalities.

For my usual songs by Hiroyuki Sawano it is pretty good but would prefer if the treble was a bit less peaky for them too.
Trance music is a bit too bright though and makes it less relaxing (which I want it to be when I listen to trance).

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #31,271 of 33,689
...well depending on what music you listen to...it is either bad or good....
I honestly listen to all sorts of music. Currently, most of the things I listen to is city pop, enka, Keiko Matsui, Poets of the Fall.

Jul 6, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #31,272 of 33,689
I honestly listen to all sorts of music. Currently, most of the things I listen to is city pop, enka, Keiko Matsui, Poets of the Fall.
+1 for Keiko Matsui!

Jul 6, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #31,273 of 33,689
I dont understand why brands such as blon and now Tanchjim simply throws away the potential to get even more buyers...I certainly hope that a warmer source (Ibasso DX160 coming to me tomorrow according to amazon) will help the Hana because otherwise I would want to throw it out the window...

Jul 6, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #31,274 of 33,689
I dont understand why brands such as blon and now Tanchjim simply throws away the potential to get even more buyers...I certainly hope that a warmer source (Ibasso DX160 coming to me tomorrow according to amazon) will help the Hana because otherwise I would want to throw it out the window...
That’s really too bad.:worried: You may want to try the micropore tape mod, just to see if it helps. If you want to vent about it, perhaps take it to the Tanchjim thread, where the manufacturer is perhaps a little more likely to read it.

Jul 6, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #31,275 of 33,689
That’s really too bad.:worried: You may want to try the micropore tape mod, just to see if it helps. If you want to vent about it, perhaps take it to the Tanchjim thread, where the manufacturer is perhaps a little more likely to read it.
Will try the Ibasso DX160 (if it works lol) when i get it first before trying the micropore tape mod. My venting is aimed at both blon and tanchjim but more towards tanchjim since they charge much more for the Hana than the 05 with the blon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back