Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 5, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #31,246 of 33,689
I might have to return my Fiio M11 to amazon...

I cant get it to be recognized by any of my computers, so I cant transfer music over to it....Fortunately I bought it with amazon so seems I will get a full refund without any issues.

I will do a full reset first but otherwise I tried everything else. If I have to return it I will need to get a new dap, is there any issues with the Ibasso DX160?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/iBasso-DX160-Hi-Res-Digital-Player-Black/dp/B07XWRQBTK
the reviews arent exactly good there...

Maybe my iBasso DX160 review can help. I have comparisons with M11 on Page 2.

Jul 5, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #31,247 of 33,689

I cant get it to be recognized by any of my computers, so I cant transfer music over to it....Fortunately I bought it with amazon so seems I will get a full refund without any issues.

I will do a full reset first but otherwise I tried everything else. If I have to return it I will need to get a new dap, is there any issues with the Ibasso DX160?
I'd recommend the hiby R5 or R6 pro near the price point.
I've had both the iBasso DX160 and the Hiby R5.
I had to return both DX160s because of it's unusable bluetooth (I sometimes use the Radsone ES100 and Zen Blue). The two DX160s were different sounding. The first had a superb, almost holographic sound, the best of all. The second was OK...don't know why but it didn't sound so good. I now have a Hiby R5. I much prefer the size......about the same as the FiiO M9 I had. Bluetooth works well. The balanced 4.4 of the Hiby is very powerful and has what seems a longer battery life than the DX160. All sounded/sound great. The original DX160 had the best sound but the R5 is very convenient. The R5 has a built in MSEB, a full sound/equalisation which works system wide. That is fairly unique and what I think gives it a one up on the DX160. If you are not interested in BT or MSEB the DX160 is very nice and has a beautiful display.
If you use EQ at all, MSEB is magic. It's a really great system that's worth trying.

Jul 5, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #31,248 of 33,689
I'd recommend the hiby R5 or R6 pro near the price point.

If you use EQ at all, MSEB is magic. It's a really great system that's worth trying.
I check out the R5 a bit more, but the price is quite expensive (on amazon). the DX160 is about 62 usd cheaper.

I only use EQ for my Shuoer Tape and the Tin Hifi P1 right now with the Neutron player. So that isnt an important factor for me.

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #31,249 of 33,689
I check out the R5 a bit more, but the price is quite expensive (on amazon). the DX160 is about 62 usd cheaper.

I only use EQ for my Shuoer Tape and the Tin Hifi P1 right now with the Neutron player. So that isnt an important factor for me.
Hiby regularly have sales, even on amazon. Musictek regularly drops it to $299 it seems.

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #31,250 of 33,689
F factory reset did nothing. Ordered the DX160. Gonna return the M11 once I get the DX160 for a full refund so I get back around 125 usd.

Jul 6, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #31,252 of 33,689

no single problem with mine since beginning, DX160 sounds amazing, balance, clean, have good dynamics, screen is gorgeous. There are reports about not so strong BT signal, but i dont use any BT with my DX160 (why should I? the DAC is on the BT module then, no matter what) so I don't care about BT and never try run BT connection with it. Still using my LG v40 for any BT related stuffs.

Jul 6, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #31,253 of 33,689
Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #31,254 of 33,689
My review of the CCA CA16 is now available:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/cca-ca16.24390/reviews
PS Thank you activatorfly for the Andy Dragazis recommendation!
Nice review: had all of the details and observations needed, without my needing to whip out a literary dictionary

If I didn't already have a pair of the CCA CA16 on a boat, somewhere between N. Korea and Florida, your review would've incentivised me.

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #31,255 of 33,689
Any recommendation for a SMALL tip / nozzle BA Chinese IEM, universal fit with MMCX connectors?

I used Westone and Shure SE series with the 2mm nozzle and that's what I don't want to give up, due to fit and the best sound isolating tips (Comply P series and Westone Westone long foam tips). I already have a hundred of other tips of different materials, sizes and shapes, and I don't want to try something new, now that I've found a tip that works for me.
So all wide nozzle and dynamic driver IEMs are out.

Also, I go through IEM cables like dog goes through chewing bones, so MMCX connectors are a must (already know a decent cable that Has an in-line mic that I use for calls).

Of the Chinese brands, that fill these criteria, I've used NiceHCK DT300 Pro 3BA IEMs (roughly $50-$60, depending on the price of the month).

They are decent, insert deep (good!), fit Shure/Comply/Westone foam tips perfectly, are not too bright and the shell not too big (i.e. fits my ears), but the reliability (esp. of the connectors) leaves something to be desired.

Any recommendations for small nozzle (2mm) MMCX univeral IEM alternatives? Perhaps under $100? Esp. sturdy ones.

Would go back to Shures/Westones, but man do I hate breaking/losing $600 IEMs (these go with me everywhere and I train/jog wearing them). So I've limited my downside risk by using "good enough" IEMs in the lesser price range :-D

For the record, here's an image of the small nozzle:
HTB1y7mIbyDxK1Rjy1zcq6yGeXXaK.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #31,256 of 33,689
Any recommendation for a SMALL tip / nozzle BA Chinese IEM, universal fit with MMCX connectors?

I used Westone and Shure SE series with the 3mm nozzle and that's what I don't want to give up, due to fit and the best sound isolating tips (Comply P series and Westone Westone long foam tips). I already have a hundred of other tips of different materials, sizes and shapes, and I don't want to try something new, now that I've found a tip that works for me.
So all wide nozzle and dynamic driver IEMs are out.

Also, I go through IEM cables like dog goes through chewing bones, so MMCX connectors are a must (already know a decent cable that Has an in-line mic that I use for calls).

Of the Chinese brands, that fill these criteria, I've used NiceHCK DT300 Pro 3BA IEMs (roughly $50-$60, depending on the price of the month).

It has a decent, not too bright sound signature, is not too big (i.e. fits my ears), but the reliability (esp. of the connectors) leaves something to be desired.

Any recommendations for small nozzle (2mm) MMCX univeral IEM alternatives? Perhaps under $100? Esp. sturdy ones.

Would go back to Shures/Westones, but man do I hate breaking/losing $600 IEMs (these go with me everywhere and I train/jog wearing them). So I've limited my downside risk by using "good enough" IEMs in the lesser price range :-D

For the record, here's an image of the small nozzle:
HTB1y7mIbyDxK1Rjy1zcq6yGeXXaK.jpg

Perhaps Audiosense dt180, dt260 and dt300.

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #31,258 of 33,689
20200706_160045.jpg

20200706_160626.jpg

20200706_160903.jpg

20200706_161140.jpg

20200706_161226.jpg

20200706_161323.jpg

20200706_161445.jpg

20200706_161635.jpg

20200706_161517.jpg

Super quick impressions:
Fit wasnt bad for me lol, no problems when I use my Final Type E tips.
You can feel that the build quality is really nice and it has some weight to it.

The Crinacle´s graph makes the treble look very sharp to me, but it isnt as bad as it looks.
evanescence - bring me to life was however...quite painful :sob:

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #31,260 of 33,689
The Crinacle´s graph makes the treble look very sharp to me, but it isnt as bad as it looks.

That’s why we shouldn’t treat graphs as the bible. Because graphs don’t tell the whole story, and the best way to know how something sounds is actually listen to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back