Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 3, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #31,231 of 33,689
It‘s just easier for me to get the Final E tips than the genuine Sony hybrid tips, let alone the triple comfort tips (without buying a Sony IEM that is).
Can't you import it with Amazon Japan?

Jul 3, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #31,232 of 33,689
Jul 3, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #31,233 of 33,689
Yeah, I'm also a big fan of the I3 and would probably say it's one of my 5-6 top IEM's.

as of now it's my "Endgame" haha :o2smile:

looks like I've arrived (more like they arrived) ^^

it's astonishing how refined the output sounds, especially the voices - detailed yet somehow smooth

details are excellent

TRI I3 :beerchug:

Jul 3, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #31,234 of 33,689
It‘s just easier for me to get the Final E tips than the genuine Sony hybrid tips, let alone the triple comfort tips (without buying a Sony IEM that is).

https://sony.encompass.com/

If you don't mind light colored tips for the triple comforts, look under the z1r for tips. Sony sells them individually through this parts supplier.

Otherwise eBay or Amazon Japan.

Jul 4, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #31,235 of 33,689
Jul 4, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #31,236 of 33,689
as of now it's my "Endgame" haha :o2smile:

looks like I've arrived (more like they arrived) ^^

it's astonishing how refined the output sounds, especially the voices - detailed yet somehow smooth

details are excellent

TRI I3 :beerchug:
I just had a listening session with my fearless S8f, I3 and Thieaudio L3.

The S8F sounded good, but with BA bass (meh, unsatisfying for me), good separation and staging, nice and smooth along most of the FR. Easy to listen to but not very engaging to me personally.... Sounds a little artificial, the BAs just don't get it quite right Details are good but I can still hear some ''grain" in vocals in my files that I know are flawless.... I guess some would describe this as a pretty digital sounding set....

The L3 went in next, and just sounded thin and caused fit issues that are an annoyance to deal with. Sounds very Raw, and thinner, I don't like A-B'ing this set.... It makes me realize it has a lot of shortcomings (scratchy vocals, several hotspots on the FR) when in fact I really do like its unique sound and listen to it often and enjoy doing so. It honest to god sounds like you're in a music hall with the touring band. Vocal timbre is a weakspot. Sounds like the singer is singing into a mediocre microphone at said music hall.... But some will like that for the experience of that feeling (it just sounds and feels like live music).

The I3 went in and it just sounds oh so right to me. It just really sings.... Nice bass hit, can really thump, vocals are as smooth as silk. Vocals as good as I've ever heard, essentially the same as the CL2. Sparkly, well extended highs that sparkle but don't scorch my ears and really give you the sense of space and air of the music.

Tove Lo sounds as if she's sitting 10 feet from me and I can hear every detail of her voice as if she was here. Some of the timbre on other instruments isn't is good (but still as good or better than both the others) but damn do the vocals make up for it. I would say that for me it's got by far the best timbre overall of the three sets, the best bass, the best mids and best highs. it has my subjectively favorite soundstage of the three (all are good just in different ways, the S8F excels at width/height/imaging and separation. The L3 sounds smaller, but like you're right there with the band, it has an extremely vivid sense of realism in that regard I've not heard in another set and could well be the preference of many others. The I3 sounds.... Great. Well balanced, analog sounding, but not harsh like the L3 can sound and not as phony 3D as the S8F can sound. It sounds more analog and real than the S8f but not raw and harsh like the L3 can sometimes sound.

I love all three sets, but wow, the I3 is just fantastic for me.

Jul 4, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #31,237 of 33,689
the BAs just don't get it quite right Details are good but I can still hear some ''grain" in vocals in my files that I know are flawless.... I guess some would describe this as a pretty digital sounding set....

the most "dynamic driver-y" sounding all BA that I've heard is the Sony M9. i only listened to it for a few songs though, so i might be wrong.

Jul 4, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #31,238 of 33,689
the most "dynamic driver-y" sounding all BA that I've heard is the Sony M9. i only listened to it for a few songs though, so i might be wrong.

No you werent wrong, i have M7 and i tried M9 too, their new BAs are side firing, made them sooo natural in timbre and have dynamics. Sold my Andromeda a week after i got M7 last time. The only thing i cant get is moving air from DD push, but aside from that even the Bass BA produce great texture, rumble with better decay of course.

Jul 4, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #31,239 of 33,689
I just had a listening session with my fearless S8f, I3 and Thieaudio L3.

I love all three sets, but wow, the I3 is just fantastic for me.

I think you need to try one of the open-back planars from Audeze. I just have the iSine 10, but I really like the timbre, and the bass can have so much slam (that‘s what a 30mm planar driver will do). Knowing how much you love bass, I think you would really enjoy it. Make sure to get it with the version 2 Cipher cable. Oh yeah, that’s the HUGE caveat, it works with Apple devices via Lightning plug, but I think some Android users got it to work with a USB-C to Lightning adapter. It probably sounds quite different from the planars in the i3 and P1, but it may be worth a listen. I got the iSine 10 + cipher for $200 on Amazon, almost a yr ago.

Jul 4, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #31,240 of 33,689
I think you need to try one of the open-back planars from Audeze. I just have the iSine 10, but I really like the timbre, and the bass can have so much slam (that‘s what a 30mm planar driver will do). Knowing how much you love bass, I think you would really enjoy it. Make sure to get it with the version 2 Cipher cable. Oh yeah, that’s the HUGE caveat, it works with Apple devices via Lightning plug, but I think some Android users got it to work with a USB-C to Lightning adapter. It probably sounds quite different from the planars in the i3 and P1, but it may be worth a listen. I got the iSine 10 + cipher for $200 on Amazon, almost a yr ago.
I owned the isine20 with cypher cable and actually went out of my way to get an iPhone (totally not worth the effort, but FOMO is strong) to listen to it with. I liked them MUCH better balanced on my HIBY R6 than on the cipher cable actually. So I think a good DAP/DAC with EQ was much better than output via iPhone/cypher.

The bass was good for a planar, but planar bass lacks impact and weight to my ears. When I bought my RHA CL2 it made the isine20 obsolete to me. The bass was more DD like and everything else was as good or better than the isine20, but especially being an in ear closed set made the isine20 sort of silly in comparison because they do fit and sit so strangely. So I sold them....

Jul 5, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #31,241 of 33,689
I might have to return my Fiio M11 to amazon...

I cant get it to be recognized by any of my computers, so I cant transfer music over to it....Fortunately I bought it with amazon so seems I will get a full refund without any issues.

I will do a full reset first but otherwise I tried everything else. If I have to return it I will need to get a new dap, is there any issues with the Ibasso DX160?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/iBasso-DX160-Hi-Res-Digital-Player-Black/dp/B07XWRQBTK
the reviews arent exactly good there...

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #31,242 of 33,689

I cant get it to be recognized by any of my computers, so I cant transfer music over to it....Fortunately I bought it with amazon so seems I will get a full refund without any issues.

I will do a full reset first but otherwise I tried everything else. If I have to return it I will need to get a new dap, is there any issues with the Ibasso DX160?
Ideally you should ask on the DX160 thread, however, I own the 2020 version and is working great for me. Though I have read that the M11 is much fast UI due to the faster SoC

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #31,243 of 33,689

Seems the major issue is bluetooth and or wifi issues from the little I've read up on the ibasso. Hiby R5 might be another option in that price range?

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #31,244 of 33,689
Ideally you should ask on the DX160 thread, however, I own the 2020 version and is working great for me. Though I have read that the M11 is much fast UI due to the faster SoC
The speed is not an issue for me as I only use the dap for music (offline, local sd card) with the Neutron player.

Seems the major issue is bluetooth and or wifi issues from the little I've read up on the ibasso. Hiby R5 might be another option in that price range?
I dont use bluetooth or wifi so I dont care about that. I am more interested in the DX160 over the R5 because it has more output power and lower (?) output impedance.

Jul 5, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #31,245 of 33,689
The speed is not an issue for me as I only use the dap for music (offline, local sd card) with the Neutron player.

I dont use bluetooth or wifi so I dont care about that. I am more interested in the DX160 over the R5 because it has more output power and lower (?) output impedance.
I've had both the iBasso DX160 and the Hiby R5.
I had to return both DX160s because of it's unusable bluetooth (I sometimes use the Radsone ES100 and Zen Blue). The two DX160s were different sounding. The first had a superb, almost holographic sound, the best of all. The second was OK...don't know why but it didn't sound so good. I now have a Hiby R5. I much prefer the size......about the same as the FiiO M9 I had. Bluetooth works well. The balanced 4.4 of the Hiby is very powerful and has what seems a longer battery life than the DX160. All sounded/sound great. The original DX160 had the best sound but the R5 is very convenient. The R5 has a built in MSEB, a full sound/equalisation which works system wide. That is fairly unique and what I think gives it a one up on the DX160. If you are not interested in BT or MSEB the DX160 is very nice and has a beautiful display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back