Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 16, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #3,092 of 33,689
  The GR07X costs the exact same price, $199...

GR07X is built from a brittle and proven-to-be unreliable material

GR07X does not have truly detachable cables

GR07X has a mediocre warranty made worse by the lack of competent english-speaking employees

I fail to see how an unproven and untested IEM with obvious design flaws from a company that released a $99 earphone that breaks in under a year is anywhere near to competing with the Pinnacle. Furthermore, OP said he wanted something in the $99 range, not the $200 range, so the GR07X is irrelevant anyways.

Nov 16, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #3,093 of 33,689
  I have them. If you like the basic GR07 sound sig, they're worth every penny. Smoother highs, more forward vocals, MUCH deeper soundstage, phenomenal levels of separation.

Never had the chance to try the GR07. Where did you buy the GR07X from?

GR07X is built from a brittle and proven-to-be unreliable material

GR07X does not have truly detachable cables

GR07X has a mediocre warranty made worse by the lack of competent english-speaking employees

I fail to see how an unproven and untested IEM with obvious design flaws from a company that released a $99 earphone that breaks in under a year is anywhere near to competing with the Pinnacle. Furthermore, OP said he wanted something in the $99 range, not the $200 range, so the GR07X is irrelevant anyways.

I have the P1 and while they do sound great to me & have a lot going for it, alas it is not defect-free. Earlier on, several users had issues with the cable and/or the connector, whereby sound would cut out. More recently, there are reports of cosmetic issues..the brushed finish on the earpieces would rub off and come off totally. MeeAudio has been gracious enough in providing replacements for the first issue, not sure about what has been done for the second one.

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #3,095 of 33,689
Soon your loneliness should end then
smily_headphones1.gif
at least two new owners of BD05 will join your one-man club
smily_headphones1.gif
and from what you write about them: "great wide soundstage with realistic sounding vocals" there is a chance that we will be quite happy with them
smily_headphones1.gif

And though the housing looks a little cheap, it's a hybrid with detachable cables!....I'll take these over the ZST anyday just on SQ! ....Just my 2 pesos.

Nov 16, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #3,097 of 33,689

Audio signal path is positive(signal) > driver (which translates signal to ears& brain as sound) > ground. Ground cable impedance comes after driver and isn`t affecting signal path that ends up in our ears. Source is "pushing" signal one way and "pulling" it other way (ground). If for rough example signal would travel from both, ground and positive, to driver, then it would make more sense that ground is also affecting sound re-produced by driver.

Or am I thinking totally wrong?

taking your thinking to the extreme (in absurdum): then you wouldn't need a cable after the driver: that would equal a cable with infinite resistance, but since resistance after the driver doesn't matter you would be ok anyway...
blink.gif

If there's resistance between the driver and your source's ground, then the signal needs to be "pushed" all the way, even from the driver to the ground.

i'm an engineering student, so some things might be basic knowledge for me but not for others. I hope i don't come across rude or so!

Thanks for explaining. Will educate myself little more in that audio chain impedance effect.
Actually, isn`t ground cable impedance effect provable by simple test? - one cable with low impedance ground and other cable with very high impedance ground, both cables having same low impedance positive signal cable. If there is difference heard, then it would prove that ground cable affects sound also.

Nov 16, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #3,098 of 33,689
  Thanks for explaining. Will educate myself little more in that audio chain impedance effect.
Actually, isn`t ground cable impedance effect provable by simple test? - one cable with low impedance ground and other cable with very high impedance ground, both cables having same low impedance positive signal cable. If there is difference heard, then it would prove that ground cable affects sound also.

Quote:
  Never personally been a fan of reductio ad absurdum, but either way this is more a discussion for the sound science forum.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #3,100 of 33,689
i've contacted the seller of my dt2 plus and still waiting for them to response. hopefully i get a refund , i was very excited when i purchase them now all that hype is gone and just frustration. I've held off from buying on 11.11 sale because i got the dt2 now im back for searching a new triple driver iem. Any iem close to the sound for tf10?

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #3,101 of 33,689
  @crabdog @jon parker @TwinACStacks 

any inputs on tk13 vs moni one ?.sorry i tried searching back old thread its not easy to find the ones with the conversation and compiled it .

thanks as usual

My Moni One is still in transit and I've never heard the tk13  
wink.gif
 I'll definitely give some impressions once I have the Moni though.

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #3,102 of 33,689
Anybody here have experience with LA-A3S , i am planning to upgrade my " unmentionable " iem and really interested in A3S,
are these A3S will be a upgrade or not,???
Any advvice/ suggestions will be appreciated , thanks .

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #3,105 of 33,689
  That's will be so nice , 
any idea about their launching date ,??? 

It will be soon. First impressions should be up in a few days. Also, have you considered the Moni One? Very similar in appearance to the 'other' one and same driver config with supposedly less peaky treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back