Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 15, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #3,076 of 33,689
I don't think in this situation **** is being purposely misleading. I believe there are two BA"s inside as stated just that one is a Chinese version and the other the well known Knowles..They have too much to lose by misleading on purpose. I'm just hoping that if there is a problem the sellers Wil do the right thing and replace the ones that they already sold with no issues or further stress to customers. Good customer service is how you keep customers and they know that Head-Fi is watching on this one.

Yes, QC is their main issue. If they can improve this matter (better design and marketing campaign, perhaps) I believe **** have the potential to be a well-known company. 

Nov 15, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #3,077 of 33,689
Welcome to the club! I am afraid things can get only worse here with time and a never-ending stream of new earphones :wink:

Waiting for Urbanfun too and Kinera BA05, btw is 1clearhead the only headfier who has the Kinera?

.....Yea, it does feel kind of lonely with my Kinera BD05.
redface.gif

Has anyone seem the new Vsonic GR07X? It seems an improved version of the classic GR07. I loved the classic but felt it was getting behind at the crowded $99 market. The new version costs about $199 but depending on the improvements...

Anyone?

They've been out for a while here in China......the only thing that changed was that it has replaceable wires now with an even smaller balanced jack for professional use on DACS, headphone amplifiers, etc....

I don't think in this situation **** is being purposely misleading. I believe there are two BA"s inside as stated just that one is a Chinese version and the other the well known Knowles..They have too much to lose by misleading on purpose. I'm just hoping that if there is a problem the sellers Wil do the right thing and replace the ones that they already sold with no issues or further stress to customers. Good customer service is how you keep customers and they know that Head-Fi is watching on this one.

I've been burning my DTS PLUS for several days now, and up until now they're not defective in any way. But, it's a little misleading others that are stating that they're not as good as one may think. I took a half hour listen to them this morning and I must say....they change drastically for the better; bass and extended sub-bass comes out! and the midrange and treble incredibly becomes refined!!! By far, these sound best for me with wide-bore tips! Transparency on top! Totally, YES!
.....The trick is BURN THEM IN!!!  
beerchug.gif

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #3,078 of 33,689
I haven't followed this thread in a while, so my apologies if this has been mentioned before, I did a brief search and didn't find anything. I was browsing Ali today and stumbled across this amp:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Red-Beard-ultra-thin-portable-amp-HiFi-amp-47-amp/32724844041.html

Looks interesting with the retracting volume knob. I don't read chinese, but it appears to only be 50mW, although not specified at what impedance. At this price though, might be worth a risk, maybe I could use it with my phone or my Fuze. The volume knob alone makes me interested. If nobody else has heard it, maybe I could be a guinea pig for once.

About the same size as Hidizs AP100. The volume knob looks nice.
I'm in.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #3,080 of 33,689
  Has anyone seem the new Vsonic GR07X? It seems an improved version of the classic GR07. I loved the classic but felt it was getting behind at the crowded $99 market. The new version costs about $199 but depending on the improvements...

Anyone?

I have them. If you like the basic GR07 sound sig, they're worth every penny. Smoother highs, more forward vocals, MUCH deeper soundstage, phenomenal levels of separation.

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #3,081 of 33,689

.....Yea, it does feel kind of lonely with my Kinera BD05.
redface.gif

They've been out for a while here in China......the only thing that changed was that it has replaceable wires now with an even smaller balanced jack for professional use on DACS, headphone amplifiers, etc....

I've been burning my DTS PLUS for several days now, and up until now they're not defective in any way. But, it's a little misleading others that are stating that they're not as good as one may think. I took a half hour listen to them this morning and I must say....they change drastically for the better; bass and extended sub-bass comes out! and the midrange and treble incredibly becomes refined!!! By far, these sound best for me with wide-bore tips! Transparency on top! Totally, YES!
.....The trick is BURN THEM IN!!!  
beerchug.gif

I've been shopping on taobao for years and no complaint so far. I'm surprised that there's so much complaint about AE sellers. Maybe I'm lucky.

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #3,082 of 33,689
1clearhead, u make comparassions in all areas with **** 4in1 woth ur dt2+. Thank u.

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #3,084 of 33,689
  Thanks for the answer. Do you have any other single DD in that price range to compare, like the MEE Pinnacle?

If you are looking for a $99 IEM that can compete with the already well-priced $200 Pinnacle, you are gonna have a bad time.

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #3,087 of 33,689
If we don't

If we don't go to get the parcel, after 14 days, the post office will eventually return it to Jim/HCK without any cost. But is it morally correct?

I can't speak on whether it is morally correct or not but it could cause you problem down the road if there is not tracking info to prove that it got back to them. I still want to see what they sound like and if things are not correct I am sure that Jim/HcK will make it Right. I have bought a lot of product from him and I'm sure that he wants that to continue..plus I don't feel like this is deliberate deception so it's in the sellers best interest to do the right thing.

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #3,088 of 33,689
I can't speak on whether it is morally correct or not but it could cause you problem down the road if there is not tracking info to prove that it got back to them. I still want to see what they sound like and if things are not correct I am sure that Jim/HcK will make it Right. I have bought a lot of product from him and I'm sure that he wants that to continue..plus I don't feel like this is deliberate deception so it's in the sellers best interest to do the right thing.

Agreed, plus in some places or in some cases we have no idea whether or not the post office will actually return the parcel, it might be stored somewhere for an uncertain amount of time until they eventually return it, at that point of time it might not even be relevant anymore.. i think sellers like jim and xxxxxx are negotiable... i had bought a set of cases from jim last time with free shipping, after a month plus i didnt get it, he gives me option to whether send again or refund.. i opted for re-sent and with a different courier comp and i got the shipment.

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #3,089 of 33,689
Agreed, plus in some places or in some cases we have no idea whether or not the post office will actually return the parcel, it might be stored somewhere for an uncertain amount of time until they eventually return it, at that point of time it might not even be relevant anymore.. i think sellers like jim and easy are negotiable... i had bought a set of cases from jim last time with free shipping, after a month plus i didnt get it, he gives me option to whether send again or refund.. i opted for re-sent and with a different courier comp and i got the shipment.

Its not a "easy" going to remind one & everyone about the banned store from ali and their stuffs......coz many dont visit here often and they really dont know about it.

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #3,090 of 33,689
edited my comments.. sorry i was offline for quite long time, noticed something n changed of thread but dont know exactly what.
what i want to convey is that its a risk to rely on auto return by postal company.. buyers can try to negotiate with sellers on issues if any. gonna leave it at that. sorry again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back