Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 16, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #29,626 of 33,689
Also waiting for your LZ A6 review once you get it!
They are in my country already but since my local post carrier is slower than a snail or sleeping on the job its gonna take a while..........

Jan 16, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #29,627 of 33,689
Jan 16, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #29,628 of 33,689
OMG WHAAAAT. The Dunu Dm-480 sounds like a Tape, without the 3,5k peak ( less detailed because of that) and with more mids AND it costs almost half the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #29,629 of 33,689
Also sounds more natural without that over boosted peak....

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #29,630 of 33,689
First 2 hours with Kbear Diamond, they sound just like Blon with more detail. Swapped the tips CP145 and got better deal.

Further on listening Diamonds can handle busy tracks well, no muddy mess like Blons. Just feel the male vocals are slightly recessed.
Soundstage narrower than Blon, so to have the music right in front of you.

It can keep up with speedy tracks too, but don't expect to be like BA fast. Low has got impact, not many details out of it. I think the details are more prominent in vocals and instrument area than bass. Guitar tone is good too, got some meat and acoustic guitar sounds natural and detailed. Highs got sparkle too sibilant. Timbre is natural and best with acoustic music although electronic music isn't bad too. I think this is a keeper.

Jan 16, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #29,632 of 33,689
OMG WHAAAAT. The Dunu Dm-480 sounds like a Tape, without the 3,5k peak ( less detailed because of that) and with more mids AND it costs almost half the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also sounds more natural without that over boosted peak....
I`m having hard-on...
How these compare to KXXS?

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #29,634 of 33,689
I`m having hard-on...
How these compare to KXXS?

haha same, seriously considering those and against going with Tape or Singer

Im among the first to have DM 480, they are a bass focus IEM, with very nice control of bass, with sparkles on other top end, big soundstage, no high mids boost. Vocal just slightly behind the musics and may intended to be that way, dont get mistaken with recessed mids, they aren't recessed at all.
I never heard tape myself but i know how to read graph, from the graph they are quite different tuning with DM 480 are focusing on linearity of sub bass to mid bass, overall warm with slight v shape and Tape is more balance but the bass wont be as big as DM 480.
If @RikudouGoku was talking about clarity, details or soundstage maybe thats a good point if they can match up with more pricier Tape (and famous for the details)

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #29,635 of 33,689
Yeah, the more budget sets I listen to, the more irrelevant I'm finding price to be when it comes to performance....

Personally, I find the tape to be interesting, but the TRI I3 and urbanfun isso14 are much better for my taste.

As others have said, all these sets are so good now.... preferences and personal taste are way more important, as well as source synergy/scaling.

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #29,636 of 33,689
Yeah crazy for what we can get on budget level these days, they are getting better and more better, the tuning, details, even soundstage, timbre etc. manufacturer's competition are really tight, a lot of great contenders for every price segments.

Jan 17, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #29,637 of 33,689
Im among the first to have DM 480, they are a bass focus IEM, with very nice control of bass, with sparkles on other top end, big soundstage, no high mids boost. Vocal just slightly behind the musics and may intended to be that way, dont get mistaken with recessed mids, they aren't recessed at all.
I never heard tape myself but i know how to read graph, from the graph they are quite different tuning with DM 480 are focusing on linearity of sub bass to mid bass, overall warm with slight v shape and Tape is more balance but the bass wont be as big as DM 480.
If @RikudouGoku was talking about clarity, details or soundstage maybe thats a good point if they can match up with more pricier Tape (and famous for the details)
To me they sound very similar on the same cable ( 175) and on the same track. Although on acoustic songs there is obvious sub bass boost on the Dm480. And that there is more sparkle in the highs due to the 3,5k peak which I find to make to sound a bit unnatural.
Will use the DM-480 more before I make my final conclusions.

Jan 17, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #29,638 of 33,689
To me they sound very similar on the same cable ( 175) and on the same track. Although on acoustic songs there is obvious sub bass boost on the Dm480. And that there is more sparkle in the highs due to the 3,5k peak which I find to make to sound a bit unnatural.
Will use the DM-480 more before I make my final conclusions.

try this song

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #29,639 of 33,689
Yeah crazy for what we can get on budget level these days, they are getting better and more better, the tuning, details, even soundstage, timbre etc. manufacturer's competition are really tight, a lot of great contenders for every price segments.
That's what I'm finding. I am having to constantly change my top 10 list with each new release!

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #29,640 of 33,689

try this song

while the tape does sound a bit brighter and clear, the 3,5k peak is making it much more fatiguing. Both vocals in tape and DM480 are behind the rest ( really hard to tell what they are saying). slightly more mid-bass in the DM480 making the drums have a tiny bit more impact and punch. Prefer the Dm480 with this song because it isnt as fatiguing as the tape and the mid-bass helps the impact and punch more ( although very tiny increase). ( I dont listen to this genre so take my comment with a pinch of salt)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back