Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 21, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #29,296 of 33,689
I asked a FAAEAL rep on AE, he of course refused to divulge what earbuds/IEMs will come in option B/C, but he says they will come with the full package (eartips, cables and earpiece).

Not a bad deal for the (open secret option C) Hibiscus, cause it was retailing at $50 USD just last month. But there were some folks here that reported QC issues with the shell of the Hibiscus, and I'm not really a fan of the FR. But I think those that prefer a neutralish tuning may like it as an affordable single DD sidegrade or maybe marginal upgrade to the BLON?

Why not ask the FAAEAL rep whether it's 3.5 mm or 2.5 mm? They are quite responsive.

I would have considered getting the Litz cable, looks quite affordable, but I have enough cables at home now to make a scrap metal yard owner proud.
I did, they said it was 3.5.

Dec 21, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #29,297 of 33,689
the Blon is a very strange case, some people love it and cant believe how it sounds for the price, other are like - meh, nothing special
crin reported unit variation, some of them cleaner, other with more upper bass that makes them a bit overly warm, my pair sound like it is linear in the upper bass lower-mid area
i wonder if unit variation is the reason for such a contrast in the impressions

I found changing the cable made a slight difference in terms of brightness and a more airy presentation. I discarded the one that came with it immediately - like most - and at first used the KXXS cable (mainly as I liked the comfort). Changing to the Revonext NEX202 cable or even the standard TRN did make it less laid back and made instruments a little better defined. Going back and fwd there is a difference, not just placebo effect.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #29,298 of 33,689
My theory on the BL03 is that they’re striking to many because they offer a darker tuning that is underrepresented in the market and which probably lots of folks would’ve not thought they’d like.

and also because they’re hard to fit and sound is fit sensitive, folks are hearing different things

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #29,300 of 33,689

Aww, you're killing me with those beautiful photos! I've been dying in anticipation of receiving mine.

I thought they finally arrived today, when I was greeted with a package (about the correct size) when I got home from work. But low and behold it was a 35mm prime lens, not the Urbnfuns :frowning2:

Not that I'm complaining, because I was looking forward to the new lens also. But I was sorta looking forward to the Urbanfuns more!

Dec 22, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #29,301 of 33,689
The Blon is always going to be a bit divisive. For an old giffer like me with fairly poor hearing and a fondness for vinyl and big old floorstanders, the sound is top notch. But a youngun who has grown up with high quality streaming and modern, small kit the detail retrieval and separation blows goats I'm sure.

As one of a number of IEMs it's virtually an essential purchase, yet if someone was asking for advice on just one IEM I'd point them in the direction of the V90 every time. It's just a better all rounder.
I disagree with this honestly. I'm young myself and have a full range hearing and i absolutely do not think that blon is "bad" in technicalities. My daily drivers are ATH AD2000 and AVA500, so i have a general idea how good things sound, and to me blons sound very good. They are decently detailed, separation is absolutely fine and imaging is actually really precise, especially for the price. I never had problems with busy passages in songs, i didn't experience any "smear" many people were talking about. I didn't experience major midbass bleed as well, there is a slight hump but nothing serious. My guess is that people are just used to these 4k - 10k peaks and elevated upper octave and that's why they feel like the blon lacks definition. Blon has some really polite upper mids with slghtly dipped 3-4k region and they have a steep upper treble rolloff after about 14-15k, and that can contribute to that sense of "lacking resolution and detail retrieval" when in reality it doesn't.

Dec 22, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #29,302 of 33,689
My theory on the CNT1 is that they’re striking to many because they offer a darker tuning that is underrepresented in the market and which probably lots of folks would’ve not thought they’d like.

and also because they’re hard to fit and sound is fit sensitive, folks are hearing different things

There. I fixed that for you. :)

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #29,303 of 33,689
My Urbanfun ISS014 arrived. Everything is fine except cable is missing?! And I paid extra for the freaking balanced cable... :angry:

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #29,304 of 33,689
My Urbanfun ISS014 arrived. Everything is fine except cable is missing?! And I paid extra for the freaking balanced cable... :angry:
look under here
IMG_20191221_165510.jpg

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #29,305 of 33,689
look under here

*facepalm* Thanks. :D

E: Except now I realized that the cable is the normal pink cable instead of the black balanced cable I ordered...

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #29,307 of 33,689
the black is not balanced, it is with a mic

Thats what the seller told me, well screw them. Im probably going to just ask the price of the cable back or ask them to send me a new one.

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #29,309 of 33,689
do you like the sound?
after day of use the sub bass will be more, it has large sub bass impact

I briefly listened to them and I think theyre ok. Sounds quite a bit like BL-03. My right ear is little clogged at the moment so I cant do a proper listening but I will go deeper into them later.

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #29,310 of 33,689
I briefly listened to them and I think theyre ok. Sounds quite a bit like BL-03. My right ear is little clogged at the moment so I cant do a proper listening but I will go deeper into them later.
yes at first i thought that they are similar to the Blon, after a wile and with more comparisons UF came out as a bit more extreme L shaped response, a bit dark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back