Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 21, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #29,281 of 33,689
Could not disagree more. I have two Blon 03s and they are both way above their price tag. As good as other way over £100.00 IEMs and Buds I have. Thankfully many here have good versions of the Blon 03s and know the truth. Sounds like you are unlucky and have a poor QC pair.

Yeah, everyone that don't think they're the second coming has a bad pair.

I find them to be ok but nothing special myself so I'm in the bad pair club as well :wink:

Personal taste is just that: personal. I find it strange that so many people have a hard time accepting that......

Dec 21, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #29,282 of 33,689
Yeah, everyone that don't think they're the second coming has a bad pair.

I find them to be ok but nothing special myself so I'm in the bad pair club as well :wink:

Personal taste is just that: personal. I find it strange that so many people have a hard time accepting that......

You are a moody little boy.

Dec 21, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #29,283 of 33,689
To me the blon 03 is not a giant killer but a giant RIVAL to those in the higher price bracket. They do not have the same technicalitys as say the KXXS have, but the blon is so unoffensive that I can listen to it a lot longer and on higher volume than I can with them. combine that with the price and sound profile and it is a great rival, but not a killer because it doesnt actually do anything better. Just up to everyones personal taste, if you like this sound profile its gonna be amazing but if not then maybe just OK.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #29,284 of 33,689
The Blons sound really great for just popping in and listening to a lot of styles of music and just jamming out without thinking about it.
However if you are wanting to critically listen to anything they are quite poor for that IMO. The technicals are just not great. Some genres worse then others, but there are definite limits with what the Blon can do.

I find myself on the side that can just mindlessly jam out on songs especially if at work or in the garage working on my old Vespa(its always broke). I also don't think its possible to critically listen to Pennywise, 7 seconds or Misfits LOL.

Dec 21, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #29,285 of 33,689
You are a moody little boy.

Not really but I do appreciate that different people have different opinions, makes this hobby a lot mot fun. You should try that point of view sometime. Who knows, you might even enjoy it.

Edit: And for the record I'm far from a little boy so please keep your patronizing characteristics about me out of this forum or PM me if it's important to you....

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #29,286 of 33,689
The Blons sound really great for just popping in and listening to a lot of styles of music and just jamming out without thinking about it.
However if you are wanting to critically listen to anything they are quite poor for that IMO. The technicals are just not great. Some genres worse then others, but there are definite limits with what the Blon can do.

I find myself on the side that can just mindlessly jam out on songs especially if at work or in the garage working on my old Vespa(its always broke). I also don't think its possible to critically listen to Pennywise, 7 seconds or Misfits LOL.

Pennywise sound absolutely great on the NiceHCK N3, weirdly.

Dec 21, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #29,287 of 33,689
Pennywise sound absolutely great on the NiceHCK N3, weirdly.

It took a minute for the N3 CNT driver to warm up, but it really has a nice speedy bass. Clean mids and quite a bit of upper mids/lower treble energy which helps the guitars out. Punk sounds really good with them I agree. Im just not exactly sure how a piezo that's aimed at bringing out the highs, can actually lack umm, the highs? LOL. One of lifes mysteries I suppose. :)

Dec 21, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #29,288 of 33,689
It took a minute for the N3 CNT driver to warm up, but it really has a nice speedy bass. Clean mids and quite a bit of upper mids/lower treble energy which helps the guitars out. Punk sounds really good with them I agree. Im just not exactly sure how a piezo that's aimed at bringing out the highs, can actually lack umm, the highs? LOL. One of lifes mysteries I suppose. :)
they have a big depression under 10khz, the piezo is most active after that

Dec 21, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #29,289 of 33,689
Could not disagree more. I have two Blon 03s and they are both way above their price tag. As good as other way over £100.00 IEMs and Buds I have. Thankfully many here have good versions of the Blon 03s and know the truth. Sounds like you are unlucky and have a poor QC pair.
It's not a bad pair, if anything, there is just wide unit variation, but most likely it's different tastes, which vary much more widely than the units likely do.

And as for the truth, that's all subjective, whatever floats your boat. People are inherently biased by certain things, whether it's getting a good deal, aesthetics, or a high price tag, we're ALL biased and must recognize it....

Most of the good $20-$50 sets I have are competitive with $200 sets IMO. The fact for me is that there is just a huge diminishing returns issue in this hobby.

EQ'd and with DSP, I get most sets to sounds very good, and very similar to each other and catered to my personal taste. Even the FAAEAL Hibiscus, which sounds like garbage to me without EQ/DSP, sounds excellent when tweaked.

I just don't find the blon to be all that special. It's a pretty vanilla 10mm single driver IEM to me.

Dec 21, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #29,290 of 33,689
It's not a bad pair, if anything, there is just wide unit variation, but most likely it's different tastes, which vary much more widely than the units likely do.

And as for the truth, that's all subjective, whatever floats your boat. People are inherently biased by certain things, whether it's getting a good deal, aesthetics, or a high price tag, we're ALL biased and must recognize it....

Most of the good $20-$50 sets I have are competitive with $200 sets IMO. The fact for me is that there is just a huge diminishing returns issue in this hobby.

EQ'd and with DSP, I get most sets to sounds very good, and very similar to each other and catered to my personal taste. Even the FAAEAL Hibiscus, which sounds like garbage to me without EQ/DSP, sounds excellent when tweaked.

I just don't find the blon to be all that special. It's a pretty vanilla 10mm single driver IEM to me.
we can agree about Urbanfun, it is one step above Blon
how about that soundstage, it is pulling sounds from very low to very high, it is a bit strange

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #29,291 of 33,689

I respect what you say. The only thing is the amount of folks that find the Blon 03 very special. Sure taste is real, but in general if 20 say something tastes great and a couple don't like the taste, then it is just taste, but the fact that 20 love the taste does mean something real.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #29,293 of 33,689
IMG_20191221_165427.jpg IMG_20191221_165510.jpg IMG_20191221_165524.jpg

Dec 21, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #29,294 of 33,689
The Blon is always going to be a bit divisive. For an old giffer like me with fairly poor hearing and a fondness for vinyl and big old floorstanders, the sound is top notch. But a youngun who has grown up with high quality streaming and modern, small kit the detail retrieval and separation blows goats I'm sure.

As one of a number of IEMs it's virtually an essential purchase, yet if someone was asking for advice on just one IEM I'd point them in the direction of the V90 every time. It's just a better all rounder.

Dec 21, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #29,295 of 33,689
The Blon is always going to be a bit divisive. For an old giffer like me with fairly poor hearing and a fondness for vinyl and big old floorstanders, the sound is top notch. But a youngun who has grown up with high quality streaming and modern, small kit the detail retrieval and separation blows goats I'm sure.

As one of a number of IEMs it's virtually an essential purchase, yet if someone was asking for advice on just one IEM I'd point them in the direction of the V90 every time. It's just a better all rounder.
**** pro, bqeyz bq3, and the urbanfun isso14 are all excellent as well. There are some very, very good earphones for <= $50, some I've not even heard yet like the kbear KB06. The blon certainly doesn't clearly outclass those, for me, I'd actually put the blon near the bottom, especially given the wonky fit that wouldn't be good for physical activity....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back