Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 9, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #28,128 of 33,689
My favorite of the year is Earstudio HE100.

For the life of me I have no idea how its not talked about.. Ultra fast dynamic bass with deep extension, Crystal clear low mids/mids, with natural timbre with a very detailed almost analytical treble that is free of any spikes. The earphone handles ultra complicated tracks with ease and the imaging is above avg. Stage is above avg in width, depth and height. Isolation is very good and the build is top notch. Phenomenal job by the people at Radsone.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #28,129 of 33,689
My favorite of the year is Earstudio HE100.

For the life of me I have no idea how its not talked about.. Ultra fast dynamic bass with deep extension, Crystal clear low mids/mids, with natural timbre with a very detailed almost analytical treble that is free of any spikes. The earphone handles ultra complicated tracks with ease and the imaging is above avg. Stage is above avg in width, depth and height. Isolation is very good and the build is top notch. Phenomenal job by the people at Earstudio.
they measure very nice, amazing driver matching too, shame that the cable is not removable
Earstudio-HE100-frequency-response.jpg

Nov 9, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #28,130 of 33,689
they measure very nice, amazing driver matching too, shame that the cable is not removable
Earstudio-HE100-frequency-response.jpg
Im going to stay away from ultra hyperbolic statements but that cable...yea...very annoying thin cloth that twist and tangles up. A shame as its really the only flaw about the thing. Atleast its the only flaw about the phones that I can find. Even still. they sound so good and are so light and comfortable, its hard for me to even be mad at such a terrible design choice by Radsone.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #28,131 of 33,689
shame that the cable is not removable

I don't always find that to be a bad thing. fixed cables on smaller iems feel more secure to me. Of course you would want that cable to be nice enough.

Nov 9, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #28,132 of 33,689
Im going to stay away from ultra hyperbolic statements but that cable...yea...very annoying thin cloth that twist and tangles up. A shame as its really the only flaw about the thing. Atleast its the only flaw about the phones that I can find. Even still. they sound so good and are so light and comfortable, its hard for me to even be mad at such a terrible design choice by Earstudio.
i hope they can make the next model with removable cable, it sure looks like the driver is very capable

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #28,133 of 33,689
Gear of the year? Well obviously the Blon BL03 is right up there. Enough has been written about it so I won't write any more. The CCA C12 is a great hybrid that doesn't suffer from the terrible timbre of the KZ ZS10. For me though, the winner is the Blon BL-01. For how little it costs it has no right to be on a par with the BL03 and the Tin T2, yet it really trades blows with both. However, it's only November and the Tin T4 is out soon and looks quite tempting...

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #28,134 of 33,689
Gear of the year? Well obviously the Blon BL03 is right up there. Enough has been written about it so I won't write any more. The CCA C12 is a great hybrid that doesn't suffer from the terrible timbre of the KZ ZS10. For me though, the winner is the Blon BL-01. For how little it costs it has no right to be on a par with the BL03 and the Tin T2, yet it really trades blows with both. However, it's only November and the Tin T4 is out soon and looks quite tempting...

I agree about the Blon BL-03 and CCA C12. I want to try the BL-01 but can't find a seller. May I ask where you purchased yours from?

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #28,135 of 33,689
LuckLZ on AliExpress. They don't have any in stock but there were rumours of some incoming for 11/11. I did find some on TaoBao I think but that's too complicated for me. I hope someone gets some in. Wouldn't mind a spare set. A few people have suggested the NiceHck EP10 might be the same but it's sadly not.

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #28,136 of 33,689

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #28,137 of 33,689
Hey guys, i'm really out of the loop with chinese IEMs, but I just found the KZ ZS10 Pro for ~30€ at Gearbest. Do you think they're worth it or is there something better I could get for that money? Z-Reviews on YouTube loved them but I think his opinions are not that highly regarded here on this forum if I'm not mistaken.
I alredy got the Tin T2 and love them, but I feel like it's time for something new, I think you know what that feels like hahaha

They were a consensus favorite of 2019 until someone criticized the timbre then others did also and now it's a forgotten relic of days gone by. Still, my brain has no receptors for steely frequencies so I enjoy them very much, steel.

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #28,138 of 33,689
LuckLZ on AliExpress. They don't have any in stock but there were rumours of some incoming for 11/11. I did find some on TaoBao I think but that's too complicated for me. I hope someone gets some in. Wouldn't mind a spare set. A few people have suggested the NiceHck EP10 might be the same but it's sadly not.

Could you elaborate? I have the EP10 and ,fitted with Sony MH755 tips , mine sounds excellent to me. So you believe the Blon BL-01 is not the same? Has someone directly compared them and/or opened them to look at the drivers ?

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #28,139 of 33,689
I've got both. The EP10 has more bass and a more recessed midrange, as opposed to the BL01 which sounds similar to a Tin T2 but with better bass. Additionally the quoted sensitivity is different and seems to be backed up by back to back listening. The BL01 is a fair bit more sensitive to the point where even with a phone the volume doesn't need to be turned up very high.
Saying that, the EP10 is also very good for the money and doubtless some will prefer it's more fun presentation. It has a nicer cable and comes with a case
Point of note - my BL01 does have a LOT more hours of listening in it as it is my daily driver. The EP10 only has a couple of hours.

Nov 9, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #28,140 of 33,689
My favorites of 2019:

TinAudio T2
This is the earphone that put TinAudio (TinHifi) on the map. If you can get a good fit with its fiddly shell design, this dynamic driver earphone is an incredible value. It is versatile, and can be worn up or down. Some find it a little light on sub bass, but covering the bass vent with a piece of 3M Micropore tape will provide a low end boost. TinAudio followed up the T2 with the T2 Pro and T3, but many feel the original T2 is the superior model of the 3.

Blon BL-03
The budget BL-03 has been riding a hype train for the last few months, but I feel the hype is well deserved. A carbon-nanotube dynamic earphone, it was tuned by the same person responsible for the impressive Tanchjim Oxygen. It can also be worn up or down, but the latter will require a 3rd party 2-pin cable with a straight end and no ear hooks.

Audiosense T800
This is in the mid-fi range ($300), so it may be out of some people’s budget. However, the price is worth every penny, and has been cited as an ‘end-game IEM’ by more than 1 individual (myself included). The T800 packs 8 Knowles BA drivers per side, a solid resin shell, user-replaceable Knowles tuning dampers, and a generous assortment of accessories. The T800’s secret is its vented BA woofer, which provides enough sub bass that will have you doing a double take wondering if the T800 secretly houses a dynamic driver.

Toneking NineTail
Don’t let its odd shell fool you. This is an excellent earphone. It’s ridiculously comfortable, and has front and rear tuning filters for a total of 9 possible tuning combinations. Just keep an eye on the filters though, as some have lost them by not screwing them on tight enough. If you’re looking for a step up from the typical >$50 budget earphones, the NineTail is it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back