Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 7, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #28,111 of 33,689
So couldn't stand the nozzle on the Shuoer Tape even though I loved the sound signature. Is the KXXS a feasible alternative.
Really liked the detail on the Tape as well as the non-overpowering bass. Using the BL-03 but the bass is a bit much for me. Thoughts?

Nov 7, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #28,112 of 33,689
Hey guys, i'm really out of the loop with chinese IEMs, but I just found the KZ ZS10 Pro for ~30€ at Gearbest. Do you think they're worth it or is there something better I could get for that money? Z-Reviews on YouTube loved them but I think his opinions are not that highly regarded here on this forum if I'm not mistaken.
I alredy got the Tin T2 and love them, but I feel like it's time for something new, I think you know what that feels like hahaha

ZS10 Pro have been out for quite some time by now. The newer ZSX have improvements over ZS10 pro, particularly in timbre. If you can get good price, just stretch up your budget by a little bit more and you got better version of ZS10 Pro. Alternatively the TRN v90 if you like more v shaped, but they will be very much different signature over your T2. Blon BL-03 also worth a shot at almost same price with ZS10 Pro.

Nov 7, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #28,113 of 33,689
Nov 7, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #28,114 of 33,689
Nov 7, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #28,115 of 33,689
In all seriousness they sure did pick the right person to interview for this topic.
Agree, at least facts are accurate and the rise of chi-fi is aptly mentioned. It is a good intro to those who are not aware of chi-fi to possibly get into it.

Nov 7, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #28,116 of 33,689
Hey guys, i'm really out of the loop with chinese IEMs, but I just found the KZ ZS10 Pro for ~30€ at Gearbest. Do you think they're worth it or is there something better I could get for that money? Z-Reviews on YouTube loved them but I think his opinions are not that highly regarded here on this forum if I'm not mistaken.
I alredy got the Tin T2 and love them, but I feel like it's time for something new, I think you know what that feels like hahaha
Hey hans what about a dac/amp like es100

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #28,117 of 33,689
Might be getting a balanced-only DAC/AMP soon. 2.5 mm

If so, I'm gonna have to convert some IEMs to 2.5 mm.

In the Chi-Fi realm, which of the common ones benefit most from balanced output?

I have Tin Audio T2, KZ ZS-7 + ZS-10 Pro, TFZ King Pro, Semkarch CNT-1, Blon BL-03, among others.

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #28,118 of 33,689

In the Chi-Fi realm, which of the common ones benefit most from balanced output?

I have Tin Audio T2, KZ ZS-7 + ZS-10 Pro, TFZ King Pro, Semkarch CNT-1, Blon BL-03, among others.

Mostly more volume/gain. On some device there's also better stereo separation because of less crossfeed, but on a good device, the single ended channel would be optimized enough that there shouldn't be any difference to the balanced channel on separation matter.
For IEMs there shouldn't be any need for balanced regarding of volume.

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #28,119 of 33,689
Okay, well volume/gain isn't a problem for me, lol. I'm running my IEMs at 12% of PC volume output, about 43% of DAC output, so about 5-6% of what the DAC/PC combination can put out.

I was more interested in the possible gain in soundstage, stereo separation, detail, and smoother sound. But it may be negligible for IEMs?

I guess if I had power-hungry headphones, it would be a different story. (I just have a Sony MDR-V6 and Thinksound ON2).

Nov 8, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #28,120 of 33,689
I was more interested in the possible gain in soundstage, stereo separation, detail, and smoother sound. But it may be negligible for IEMs?

Speaking in very general terms, you may find a slight increase in separation leading to a bit of a tweak in the soundstage. The difference should be minor, unless you're comparing to a particularly bad implementation of single-ended.

There may be other/more pronounced differences between a particular balanced out and a particular SE out, but those are probably down to the design rather than being inherent to balanced.

Nov 8, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #28,121 of 33,689
Okay, well volume/gain isn't a problem for me, lol. I'm running my IEMs at 12% of PC volume output, about 43% of DAC output, so about 5-6% of what the DAC/PC combination can put out.

I guess if I had power-hungry headphones, it would be a different story. (I just have a Sony MDR-V6 and Thinksound ON2).

Any change in character will be much more likely to come from the circuit and implementation of the output than just balanced/unbalanced per se. On my DSD pro there's no bass on the balanced output, maybe fake op275 used for opamps, while unbalanced output uses a lm4562na and sounds great. So, there's no simple answer, but generally balanced is used when more power is needed, as for 300/600 ohms full size cans, not much use for iems.

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #28,122 of 33,689

Probably none (or all) as the IEM's only delivers the sound that the source output. The extra power that a balanced output delivers should be irrelevant for 99% of the IEM's in existence.

Balanced output may or may not deliver a better sq through compared to a single ended one, all depends on the implementation.

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #28,123 of 33,689
NiceHCK DB3

Here soon, too.

NiceHCK DB3 Review -- Everyone_s A Winner, Baby • Audio Reviews.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #28,124 of 33,689
I recently discovered a Christmas tree in a Rio de Janeiro hotel in bright daylight at 34C. This signalled that it was time to think about the favourite earphones of 2019. I sent out a request to the 4 cooperating head-fiers, who enthusiastically supplied me with their faves.

Our Earphones Of The Year? • Audio Reviews.jpg

What are your favourites of 2019? TRN V90? Blon BL-03? A KZ or CCA? T800? Just in time for Christmas. Smiley!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back