Oct 7, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #27,241 of 33,689
@Hawaiibadboy just received his TinHifi T4

OMG.. Really this mid 2019 is the best chifi season ever

*edit : they called TinHifi now instead of Tin Audio, forgot bout that

What's inside? 2xDD? 1DD+1BA?

Oct 7, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #27,242 of 33,689
Oct 7, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #27,243 of 33,689
Oct 7, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #27,244 of 33,689
just wanted to share my findings regarding blon 03.

key thing is the fit. I'm blessed that I have JVC Spiral Dots sized M/L and L in my stash.
M/L is the right fit for me but L is oversized . For Blon's case, I need to use size L and with this the isolation is top notch.
Those that mentioned that it doesn't isolate well hmm.. this might be secret that you may have missed or maybe this config just fits my ear canal.

I went through my ear tips stash . those from my chifis , double flanged and even foam tips. all nada.
oversized JVC Spiral Dots are stars aligned with the BLON.
I don't know about you but your comments are still pushing the stereotype that the Blon 03 don't fit well still.

Or, do you need the JVC's for isolation alone?

It sounds like they need to rework this iem to make it good for everyone, without the need for different eartips.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #27,245 of 33,689
That faceplate on the tin hifi t4 looks like the turbines of airplanes, I wonder if they spin too :grin:

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #27,246 of 33,689
I don't know about you but your comments are still pushing the stereotype that the Blon 03 don't fit well still.

It sounds like they need to rework this iem to make it good for everyone, without the need for different eartips.

That would be impossible with any iem. Everyone has different ear anatomy.

If you are annoyed by having to try different tips maybe you should try earbuds..... but then you would still have to decide if a certain model is better with foams, no foams, double foams, donut foams, donut foams on top of regular foams....Plus the foams are available in different colors :)

...and then there are headphones with the endless talk of what pads are best.

This is Headfi.

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #27,247 of 33,689
A couple of days with BL03 in my ears, I find the seal that suits me most, and I start to really appreciate those ones.
I don't find them especially bassy by quantity but I love the sub-bass quality: it's not rumbling, it's not roaring, it's not boomy - it simply exists. You just feel an extension of the main bass into the depth and the presence of something there. Nice.
Perhaps if I need to find one single adjective to characterize the sound - I'll choose "coherent".

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #27,248 of 33,689
That would be impossible with any iem. Everyone has different ear anatomy.

If you are annoyed by having to try different tips maybe you should try earbuds..... but then you would still have to decide if a certain model is better with foams, no foams, double foams, donut foams, donut foams on top of regular foams....Plus the foams are available in different colors :)

...and then there are headphones with the endless talk of what pads are best.

This is Headfi.
I think the Blon BL-03 are a mixed bag, but not worse than the EP10.
In any case, the short nozzle is a little problem in both. They seriously need MUCH tip rolling and you need many different types of tips in order to try everything and figure out one that suits well.

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #27,249 of 33,689
i might be the lucky small percentage that have no problem with fitting and the cable :ksc75smile:
i do however agree that using a spacer to make the eartips more forward makes the fitting better.

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #27,250 of 33,689
Only about a month away from 11/11. What is your shopping list? For me I am waiting for the updated tanchjim oxygen and the fearless audio sub 100 usd dd and hope they will be in time for the sale.
Otherwise the peacockaudio P1 is on my list.

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #27,252 of 33,689

yes I can't find any tips that fit me EXCEPT the JVC Spirals but everyone's ear is different.
A friend got it and he was able to fit with stocked tips.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #27,253 of 33,689
just wanted to share my findings regarding blon 03.

the cables are functionally ok, I prefer those that are flexible ( not the stiff type ).
If you wanna upgrade, you should try SPC if you prefer more brightness else pure copper.

key thing is the fit. I'm blessed that I have JVC Spiral Dots sized M/L and L in my stash.
M/L is the right fit for me but L is oversized . For Blon's case, I need to use size L and with this the isolation is top notch.
Those that mentioned that it doesn't isolate well hmm.. this might be secret that you may have missed or maybe this config just fits my ear canal.

I went through my ear tips stash . those from my chifis , double flanged and even foam tips. all nada.
oversized JVC Spiral Dots are stars aligned with the BLON.

Peace!

Another update, my Tiger TRN cable came and combo-ed with the Blon.
I think it helped to improve the highs a tad ( which I like ) while maintaining the bass :)

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #27,254 of 33,689
Another update, my Tiger TRN cable came and combo-ed with the Blon.
I think it helped to improve the highs a tad ( which I like ) while maintaining the bass :)

Please share a photo of how they look together.

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #27,255 of 33,689
Please share a photo of how they look together.

Not good with pictures like those reviewers.

2x32ABA.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back