Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 29, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #26,941 of 33,689
Can you share a link? The only ones on Amazon i see are $129.

Also, CNT1 is one letter away from a very bad word in the English language.....
Cent. Awful. There. I’ve gone and said it.

Sep 29, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #26,943 of 33,689
Sep 29, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #26,944 of 33,689
CNET? They’re bad, but they’re not that bad...
No matter how many alternative names you guys suggest, if I get a pair of these I will always call them the real version, if not out loud, at least in my head.

Seriously, who wants to have CNTs in their ears and listen to CNTs all day long? Even if I end up loving the CNTs they will always be a couple of CNTs.

Sep 29, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #26,945 of 33,689
I was thinking the Millennial mantra: can’t
CNT is a well established scientific abbreviation, so any problems with it should be brought to those scientists rather then IEM designers :)

Sep 29, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #26,947 of 33,689
Sep 29, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #26,948 of 33,689
Those links are for BLON BL-03 though, not the Semkarch CNT1.
I did recall seeing amazon sellers hawking the CNT1 last week at sub 50 bucks, but seems the only ones there now are around 100 bucks. =(
Yep. eBay has em for cheaper but the only ones I see on Amazon are $129USD. The blon are all over the place.

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #26,949 of 33,689
Chifi measurements I took for comparison and analysis (red line, ignore green line)
z7pEFhP.jpg

Xe83MEP.jpg

PuzMsMu.jpg

aEbfBP0.jpg

L318i1c.jpg

PZUPqEY.jpg

Is the green line show THD?

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #26,950 of 33,689
Can you share a link? The only ones on Amazon i see are $129.

Also, CNT1 is one letter away from a very bad word in the English language.....

well, CENT1 is a bit better than MILL1 though.. but i agree it is worse than DEC1

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #26,951 of 33,689
Well...

Anyway if you dig those out again here are a few songs/genres that (to me) sound better on CNT then anything else I have listened too.

You're right, that first one does sound Majikal on the CNT-1, bass competes with my bookshelf speakers. But that second one is incredible, superb clarity. That track sounds much flatter on the speakers. And the bass depth on the third one is unmatched on other IEMs.

I'm going to have to give these multiple listens. It's really worth it on a CNT-1, and to see if any Chi-Fi in my possession does better.

I know I griped about the CNT-1's soundstage, and its presumptuous bass, but I'm now in the stage where I recognize the good qualities of the IEM that I just purchased.

This is a really shallow test, but I played "Mother Goose" by Jethro Tull on a ED9, then V80, then CNT-1, using an iPod. The ED9 was fairly pleasant, somewhat narrow stage, a little bright. The V80 was something of a disaster, as it was too stressful in presenting this song, and is really meant for different music in my view. Clarity was ok.

Then I tried the CNT-1. Not only was the timbre better, but each instrument was more clear and better-tuned. The guitar chords were deeper and meatier, the vocals softer. It was not a complete night-and-day difference, but the CNT-1 definitely excelled in the individual instrument pitch and clarity, vocals, and guitar depth. Notably, I heard elements of the bass that were absent in the ED9 and V80. And I didn't notice the confined soundstage on this track.

It sounds to me like the CNT-1 is a reasonably competent DD IEM in the $90 price category, and performs out-of-its league in tuning and bass detail at $35 (not to mention isolation and comfort). As the your examples show, sometimes it outperforms most IEMs in its league.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #26,952 of 33,689
Sep 30, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #26,953 of 33,689
Apparently, I like them both the same but for different reasons. Both are excellent choices! So, if you like how a dynamic driver sounds with low sub-bass, luscious and spacious midrange, and transparent-like treble, then your best bet is to get the BLON BL03. But, if you're interested on how a hybrid might sound like with dynamic drive sub-bass which carries a punchy sonic-like signature and raw but fresh sounding BA midrange followed by exceptionally detailed BA treble, then your best bet is to go with the CCA C12. I don't see any weakness' on both other than the fit. So, in this case it's a personal choice that I can't make for you. Honestly, if you ask me? They are both incredibly balanced with extended lows and highs, but sound different making them unique to each other. So, I would personally suggest to save up for both, IMHO!

Hope this helps...

-Clear
is there any budget IEMS u can recommend for depth soundstage and airyness?

Sep 30, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #26,954 of 33,689
is there any budget IEMS u can recommend for depth soundstage and airyness?
The Blon and the C12 are already in the budget segment.
What do you mean with budget? Make an example in euros/dollars.

Sep 30, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #26,955 of 33,689
TRI I4, probably the most well made, beautiful and comfortable metal housings I've seen so far:

I have to agree about the great, well studied and solid shell.
The TRI i4 are simply good, and I like their sound as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back