Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 30, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #26,956 of 33,689
No the green line is just ambient noise after I removed the iem from the mic. Ignore it
Ah so.. I really wish that that is THD plot.. :) because that would be really, really useful.

Are you able to measure the THD? Or even FFT/CSD waterfall?

Sep 30, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #26,957 of 33,689
I have to agree about the great, well studied and solid shell.
The TRI i4 are simply good, and I like their sound as well.

Yeah, I enjoy them a lot myself. For my preferences they're better than a lot of other recently hyped offerings.

Sep 30, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #26,958 of 33,689
Ah so.. I really wish that that is THD plot.. :) because that would be really, really useful.

Are you able to measure the THD? Or even FFT/CSD waterfall?
No sorry just the frequency response like is shown

Sep 30, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #26,959 of 33,689
Yeah, I enjoy them a lot myself. For my preferences they're better than a lot of other recently hyped offerings.
I think this as well, but i prefer the Blon BL-03 for example.
The TRI i4 are good but I think they miss some thickness in bass region which makes me miss my other DD IEMs.
They are indeed superb for vocal centric tracks.

Sep 30, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #26,961 of 33,689
No need to sorry.. :) I really like to see your FR plots since they are unsmoothed.. Which is really usefull to show the transducer behavior..

Is that so? I was thinking this was showing white noise randomness and would need smoothing over time by averaging.

Sep 30, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #26,962 of 33,689
My top 5 IEM's so far after 100 hours of burning them in:

LZ A6mini:
Best micro-details and overall exceptional clarity in all areas of the soundstage.

Magaosi DQ4:
Nicely done 4 tuning switch with my favorite being "enhanced sense of atmosphere".

SFR MT100:
One of the widest soundstage, in my own personal experience.

CCA C12:
Incredible sonic-like presentation throughout the whole range with star lines silicone ear tips installed.

Latest:
BLON BL03:
What? is this a gift to us from above for such a low price???
:astonished: ...Stay tuned for this one!

-Clear

can u tell me which oen sounds best in this song?
The Blon and the C12 are already in the budget segment.
What do you mean with budget? Make an example in euros/dollars.
25-35USD

Sep 30, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #26,963 of 33,689

25-35USD
Check Aliexpress the CCA C12 start at 35-37 USD. I can also find both BLON BL03 and CCA C12 for under 33 USD on some local online shop here. I suggest you check the price on the shop/site first..
If you really want to save some money you can go for ZS10 Pro or CCA C10 tho they are both a bit outdated.

Sep 30, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #26,964 of 33,689

25-35USD

In that price range, I should not tip this, but I really love my QT5, great depth and airy sound. Cannot find anything better around that price range (i still have to receive my CCA C12 so maybe it's even better).

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #26,965 of 33,689
Oh, the same issue that happened to me in Kanas Pro and Oxygen is also happening on Blon BL-03 which is the filter getting clogged with ear moisture and then you perceive a channel getting weaker/quieter. So far all-metallic shell IEMs that I got showed this annoying issue.

For dealing with this issue I just took the filter off and replaced for micropore filters then I fixed it. Although, it adds some warmth to the tuning since you tame mids and highs a bit more than the stock filter, well, at least it works good in this way. Since it was a common issue for Kanas Pro and Crescent depending on you live in and a lot of people are buying the Blon, just don't think your Blon is faulty in case you get something similar with my case, you'll need new filters or clean the stock one.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #26,966 of 33,689
Oh, the same issue that happened to me in Kanas Pro and Oxygen is also happening on Blon BL-03 which is the filter getting clogged with ear moisture and then you perceive a channel getting weaker/quieter. So far all-metallic shell IEMs that I got showed this annoying issue.

For dealing with this issue I just took the filter off and replaced for micropore filters then I fixed it. Although, it adds some warmth to the tuning since you tame mids and highs a bit more than the stock filter, well, at least it works good in this way. Since it was a common issue for Kanas Pro and Crescent depending on you live in and a lot of people are buying the Blon, just don't think your Blon is faulty in case you get something similar with my case, you'll need new filters or clean the stock one.

Never have any problem with any of my iem from getting the filter clogged.

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #26,967 of 33,689
Never have any problem with any of my iem from getting the filter clogged.

Me neither until Kanas Pro, Oxygen, and now Blon. That never happens to me when the IEM has acrylic/plastic body and I've had a lot of IEMs, just when it's full metallic that happens. To be fair, I have no idea why this happens I'd guess this type of shell transfers more body heat and depending on the climate and person the inner canal is more prone to get "wet".

Sep 30, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #26,968 of 33,689
I'd guess this type of shell transfers more body heat and depending on the climate and person the inner canal is more prone to get "wet".

That’s what I’d guess as well.

Do you go from cold air conditioned spaces to the hot summer outdoors and back again multiple times per day? Like going from an air conditioned office out to lunch for a bit, then back to work for a bit, then outside to smoke or grab a coffee later, etc.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #26,969 of 33,689
That’s what I’d guess as well.

Do you go from cold air conditioned spaces to the hot summer outdoors and back again multiple times per day? Like going from an air conditioned office out to lunch for a bit, then back to work for a bit, then outside to smoke or grab a coffee later, etc.

Pretty much this. When I got the Kanas Pro, in places with the AC on the issue showed up faster but it also happened in random places like going from my room to the kitchen or at the gym. Definitely I'm an unlucky guy with this type of IEM, lol.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #26,970 of 33,689
Pretty much this. When I got the Kanas Pro, in places with the AC on the issue showed up faster but it also happened in random places like going from my room to the kitchen or at the gym. Definitely I'm an unlucky guy with this type of IEM, lol.
I really feel sorry for you. I would be very sad if I couldn`t use my KPE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back