Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
post-15218368
Post #26,971 of 30,116

Makahl

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
That’s what I’d guess as well.

Do you go from cold air conditioned spaces to the hot summer outdoors and back again multiple times per day? Like going from an air conditioned office out to lunch for a bit, then back to work for a bit, then outside to smoke or grab a coffee later, etc.
Pretty much this. When I got the Kanas Pro, in places with the AC on the issue showed up faster but it also happened in random places like going from my room to the kitchen or at the gym. Definitely I'm an unlucky guy with this type of IEM, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slater
post-15218403
Post #26,972 of 30,116

CoiL

Member of the Trade: Wood Audio Accessories & Modifications
Reaction score
Pretty much this. When I got the Kanas Pro, in places with the AC on the issue showed up faster but it also happened in random places like going from my room to the kitchen or at the gym. Definitely I'm an unlucky guy with this type of IEM, lol.
I really feel sorry for you. I would be very sad if I couldn`t use my KPE.

Reactions: Makahl
post-15218424
Post #26,973 of 30,116

1clearhead

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
is there any budget IEMS u can recommend for depth soundstage and airyness?
I believe, with the right ear tips and seal, the BLON BL03 can do this very well on a budget level, IMHO. :wink::thumbsup:
...though, they're not the best on a technical level.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetEars
post-15218530
Post #26,974 of 30,116

paulwasabii

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I believe, with the right ear tips and seal, the BLON BL03 can do this very well on a budget level, IMHO. :wink::thumbsup:
Exactly, with the right tips and seal it has a great soundstage and airy vocals. With tips that do not seal, prepare to be frustrated that they don't live up to the hype. If your ears are too large for the included cable (tugging on the buds) swap the cable too. Think about your music preferences too if they match the BLON.

post-15218642
Post #26,975 of 30,116

Dani157

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
What are the right ear tips for these?

post-15218758
Post #26,976 of 30,116

mbwilson111

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Last edited:
post-15218846
Post #26,977 of 30,116

voicemaster

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
What are the right ear tips for these?
I am using the large starline tips that came with any kz iem.IMG_20190930_142411.jpg
Oh and if you noticed, I cut the stem of the tip that came from BLON (it is crappy anyway) and cut them in half and fitted them to the bottom of the stem of the iem. It makes the starline tips not going all the way to the bottom stem of the iem.

Last edited:
post-15218921
Post #26,978 of 30,116

thejoker13

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I feel like I should clarify some things about the Magaosi DQ4 for everyone. I've been getting alot of pm's about them, so I feel like maybe a public post would be valuable.
I was pretty smitten with the DQ4 whenever I first got them. I found them pretty easy for me to get a good seal, and also were easy for comfort during long listening sessions. I was coming from a pretty dark sounding daily driver in the Toneking T88k, and was blown away by the detail level found on the DQ4. Another thing I loved was that I could turn the volume very low and still get good bass response and very good level of details.
I started realizing some of their short comings whenever another member received his pair and found them to be horrible for his preferences. We chatted and came to the conclusion that he likes listening to music LOUD, whereas I'm a lower to moderate volume user.
I did some additional testing and found that the DQ4 loses a ton of it's best qualities by louder listening levels. The treble overtakes the signature and also introduces grain and glare in the treble.
I couldn't believe how badly they sounded to me just by increasing the volume levels to a higher volume! For context, the DQ4 triggers my high impedance mode on my LG V40 and I use them at volume 27-31 with that setup. I found that the sound fell apart at any volume over 35.
I would still recommend them to someone who craves an energetic sound and isn't treble sensitive. But, I will warn that your level of volume usage will play a HUGE part in your enjoyment of them!

post-15219101
Post #26,979 of 30,116

DynamicEars

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I am using the large starline tips that came with any kz iem.
Oh and if you noticed, I cut the stem of the tip that came from BLON (it is crappy anyway) and cut them in half and fitted them to the bottom of the stem of the iem. It makes the starline tips not going all the way to the bottom stem of the iem.
Hey did you manage to get good fit with stiffness of bt20 earhook?

post-15219137
Post #26,980 of 30,116

voicemaster

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
post-15219410
Post #26,981 of 30,116

paulwasabii

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I am using the large starline tips that came with any kz iem.
Thanks for the sacrificial stem cut tip. I had a maddening time with the fit and that was one problem.

post-15219460
Post #26,982 of 30,116

kkazakov

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I feel like I should clarify some things about the Magaosi DQ4 for everyone. I've been getting alot of pm's about them, so I feel like maybe a public post would be valuable.
I was pretty smitten with the DQ4 whenever I first got them. I found them pretty easy for me to get a good seal, and also were easy for comfort during long listening sessions. I was coming from a pretty dark sounding daily driver in the Toneking T88k, and was blown away by the detail level found on the DQ4. Another thing I loved was that I could turn the volume very low and still get good bass response and very good level of details.
I started realizing some of their short comings whenever another member received his pair and found them to be horrible for his preferences. We chatted and came to the conclusion that he likes listening to music LOUD, whereas I'm a lower to moderate volume user.
I did some additional testing and found that the DQ4 loses a ton of it's best qualities by louder listening levels. The treble overtakes the signature and also introduces grain and glare in the treble.
I couldn't believe how badly they sounded to me just by increasing the volume levels to a higher volume! For context, the DQ4 triggers my high impedance mode on my LG V40 and I use them at volume 27-31 with that setup. I found that the sound fell apart at any volume over 35.
I would still recommend them to someone who craves an energetic sound and isn't treble sensitive. But, I will warn that your level of volume usage will play a HUGE part in your enjoyment of them!
This should explain why I simply couldn't listen to them. I always listen to higher level volumes ( I don't have good hearing ) and they sounded so much worse than KXXS and P1, and was really frustrated with them, that I simply sold them for half the price.

post-15219543
Post #26,983 of 30,116

DynamicEars

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
The treble overtakes the signature and also introduces grain and glare in the treble.
This is what im always talking about, not only for DQ4, but there are a lot cases about this. A very good balanced iem, in low volume usually treble side are not so lively, but once you crank up the volume, they are become more balanced, trebles have sparkles without dominating other frequencies. Like BLON BL-03 in this case, if youre listening in higher volume, you will starting to hear trebles more but still safe and balanced in high volume.

post-15219556
Post #26,984 of 30,116

baskingshark

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
This is what im always talking about, not only for DQ4, but there are a lot cases about this. A very good balanced iem, in low volume usually treble side are not so lively, but once you crank up the volume, they are become more balanced, trebles have sparkles without dominating other frequencies. Like BLON BL-03 in this case, if youre listening in higher volume, you will starting to hear trebles more but still safe and balanced in high volume.
Thanks @thejoker13 and @DynamicEars for pointing that out. That's something I realized in some of my IEMs too. Is there a technical reason why the sound signature changes with volume? Don't all frequencies linearly increase with volume?

I find that it happens on the TFZ No. 3 too, the treble becomes brighter with higher volume and sort of encroaches into other frequencies, especially the 8khz peak. Do u find it so @DynamicEars , since u also have the TFZ No. 3?

Last edited:
post-15219576
Post #26,985 of 30,116

DynamicEars

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Thanks @thejoker13 and @DynamicEars for pointing that out. That's something I realized in some of my IEMs too. Is there a technical reason why the sound signature changes with volume? Don't all frequencies linearly increase with volume?

I find that it happens on the TFZ No. 3 too, the treble becomes brighter with higher volume and sort of encroaches into other frequencies, especially the 8khz peak. Do u find it so @DynamicEars , since u also have the TFZ No. 3?
Yes, so like bass frequency the different of each step in volume isnt not that big, but for higher frequencies the increment of each step volume are bigger. until we listen in higher volume, higher frequencies are overlapping bass frequencies. This is happen with a lot of iem. For multidriver maybe because of different driver take different power to drive, but sometimes it happen on single DD iems too, I cant figure out exactly what happen but Im hearing that, so its not only me then. I guess it is caused by resonance of sifferent frequencies in human anatomy? Im not sure so I cant talk much, but I always experienced that, so i prefer more tamed treble, when i listen in high volumes, they are become so balanced

and yes, same case with TFZ no 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 18)