Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 19, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #23,671 of 33,689
I just did about a 50 hour burn-in and the highs got a lot less harsh. I agreed with your response elsewhere that the F3's would only work great on classical and vocals that don't have a lot of splashy highs. But now I after burn-in (someone else wrote that planar needs burn-in). I have been listening today for about 4 hours of all kinds of music electronic. I turned off the EQ which I had added with Roon DSP, which had helped to curb the discomfort of the heavy highs. But I don't need that EQ anymore. My Schiit Yggdrasil / Ragnorok combination is still my preferred sound.

The detail is so amazing. I think the sound stage/imaging make listening even rivaling my Focal Clears. But the bass is better defined on the Focals as is also a warmth to the overall sound. Remarkable however to me to be able to say that for an iem at the under $200 price level to rival my Focals.
i was listening to them today, i have around 150 hours of burn in, agree that they sound a little bit calmer and fuller (still bright though), the resolution is absolutely fantastic, i don't know if something can touch them there in the 200$ price point, they can pull out things that my other earphones cant, absolute detail freak, i purchased pure copper cable for them to see if i can improve them even more (now i have only silver plated cables), overall i am happy that i have something so different than my other (most of them warm sounding) earphones

May 19, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #23,672 of 33,689
i was listening to them today, i have around 150 hours of burn in, agree that they sound a little bit calmer and fuller (still bright though), the resolution is absolutely fantastic, i don't know if something can touch them there in the 200$ price point, they can pull out things that my other earphones cant, absolute detail freak, i purchased pure copper cable for them to see if i can improve them even more (now i have only silver plated cables), overall i am happy that i have something so different than my other (most of them warm sounding) earphones

Let me know if you hear difference with the copper cables. I did buy 16 core cables for my M6's and really notice an increase in weight to the sound. I would certain follow your lead if your results are better.

May 19, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #23,673 of 33,689
Let me know if you hear difference with the copper cables. I did buy 16 core cables for my M6's and really notice an increase in weight to the sound. I would certain follow your lead if your results are better.
i will let you know, the cable is not shipped yet, will take around 3 weeks to get here if they ship it in the beginning of the next week

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #23,674 of 33,689
Looking to buy a pair of Bluetooth/wireless iems for walking/gym.

Would like them to be bass heavy because I love bass, what are my best options?

Edit: Budget is around £50, cheaper the better obviously but if something is really worth it willing to stretch.

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #23,675 of 33,689
Looking to buy a pair of Bluetooth/wireless iems for walking/gym.

Would like them to be bass heavy because I love bass, what are my best options?

Budget?

Meizu EP52 are bass heavy, and work great for sweating/exercise.

May 20, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #23,677 of 33,689
i will let you know, the cable is not shipped yet, will take around 3 weeks to get here if they ship it in the beginning of the next week

Have you explored which tips function better with the F3's?

May 20, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #23,680 of 33,689
Shozy V33 arrived today. Sound is yummy. :kissing_heart:

kCZ7t2j.jpg

May 20, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #23,682 of 33,689
Has anyone tried fitting a 0.75 mm cable (KZ B pin et all) on KB100? Pink OFC cables are available at ~$3 so looking stock a few with and without mics. Will also add a few Cpins. Thanks in advance.

May 20, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #23,683 of 33,689
I think Shozy nailed it with V33... First impressions: super lush and warm sound. These have something Denon/Fostex-ish on them. Little heavy on the midbass, bass is extended fairly. Midrange is fairly flat, maybe little laid-back/ recessed on the upper mids but only a bit. Both female -and male vocals sound full and intimate. Treble is quite rolled-off and could be a tad more defined and extended but plus side is that they are extremely easy to listen to, i havent experienced any harshness or sibilance even in the slightest. Soundstage feels pretty average for this price but they dont sound very boxed-in to me, surprising amount of depth and width show up at times.

Maybe this is just early hype but i love V33 so far. This is kind of what i wanted disappointing Z5000 to be. I would dare to claim that you can keep your C10... :smirk:

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #23,684 of 33,689
Has anyone tried fitting a 0.75 mm cable (KZ B pin et all) on KB100? Pink OFC cables are available at ~$3 so looking stock a few with and without mics. Will also add a few Cpins. Thanks in advance.

Not KB100, but I use 0.75mm cables with the BQEYZ KB1 and K2. I don't see any reason why KB100 would be any different.

May 20, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #23,685 of 33,689
Not KB100, but I use 0.75mm cables with the BQEYZ KB1 and K2. I don't see any reason why KB100 would be any different.
Which KZ pin fits better A or B?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back