Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 13, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #22,066 of 33,689
nice review as always..

@IryxBRO you are 1 of a few that already listen so many chi-fis from many price tiers, may i know what is your 3 best favorites chi fi at sub $100 tier, $100-200 tier, $200-300 tier? Thanks

Thank you for the comment.

Yep. My favorites right now are:

Sub $100:
Dynamic: TFZ King Exclusive Upgraded (it has been descounted to $69 now at Penon) or Hidizs MS1
Hybrid: BQYEZ KB100
Armature: not found yet

$100-200:
Dymanic: Anew U1
Hybrid: Kinera Idun Delux, LZ A6Mini
Armature: Shozy & Neo CP

$200 and up:
Dynamic: Tanchjim Oxygen
Hybrid: LZ A6, Hidizs MS4
Armature: not found yet, bu the only ones I've got - Earnine EN2J are very good. Just don't have anything to compare from the similar type of IEMs.

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #22,067 of 33,689

Sub $100:
Dynamic: TFZ King Exclusive Upgraded (it has been descounted to $69 now at Penon) or Hidizs MS1

$100-200:

$200 and up:
Armature: not found yet, bu the only ones I've got - Earnine EN2J are very good. Just don't have anything to compare from the similar type of IEMs.

Thanks for this! I founf that KB100 also too good to be true for budget iems. never heard U1 before, been very curious bout this also, how it stands againts IT01s and Kanas Pro?
Tanchjim Oxygen also interesting. Read your review the other day, they sure looks nice as well

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #22,068 of 33,689
Thanks for this! I founf that KB100 also too good to be true for budget iems. never heard U1 before, been very curious bout this also, how it stands againts IT01s and Kanas Pro?
Tanchjim Oxygen also interesting. Read your review the other day, they sure looks nice as well

I would receive Kanas Pro this week and would be able to answer. Please, remind by PM.
Oxygen are really good but the fit might have been better. Struggling to use it with balanced cable and stiff earguides. Ordered another cable without earguides to check... I would also post the results.

Feb 13, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #22,069 of 33,689
I would receive Kanas Pro this week and would be able to answer. Please, remind by PM.
Oxygen are really good but the fit might have been better. Struggling to use it with balanced cable and stiff earguides. Ordered another cable without earguides to check... I would also post the results.

looking forward your opinions about Kanas Pro compared to other good chi-fis. I think my Kanas Pro will be here around next week, but my mid tier chifi are very limited, so looking forward to your impressions

Feb 13, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #22,070 of 33,689
Obviously it's physics but psychoacoustics is also an important factor that can't be ignored, especially when it comes to high end audio. If a high impedance cable "dampens" sound then that cable might as well be considered defective as it isn't doing it's job properly. Yet, here we are talking about how a fancy cable with supposedly higher-ish impedance somehow unlocked untold power into the C16. If that's not expectation bias then I don't know what is.
Actually, it’s not a fancy cable, just a different cable. I called it nicer because it wasn’t brown. There really was no expectation bias on my part. I’ve got fancier cables and higher costing wire but the Moondrop cable was the only other cable I had that had 0.78 two pin plugs.
But again, ymmv. I’ve made cables with different materials and different sourced They sound different. Same solder, same plugs. I can’t verify the actual cable materials (just by what the seller says it is). They do end up slight variations in impedance.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #22,071 of 33,689
Maybe I can chime in if you don't mind. The U1 has a more punchy bass performance than the IT01s and Kanas Pro but in terms of technical ability, the IT01s and Kanas Pro have the edge.

Feb 13, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #22,072 of 33,689

Sub $100:

$100-200:

$200 and up:

Definitely love my Kinera Idun Deluxe!

Feb 13, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #22,073 of 33,689
U getting ur hands on the King III by any chance?

Feb 13, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #22,074 of 33,689
Screenshot (232).png

Feb 13, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #22,076 of 33,689
So you have the c16 @CoiL ? Do you think its on par with the kanas pro ?

You can link me to a post if you have already talked about this. I may have missed.

I am interested in it's sounds, but their looks is a dealbraker for me.

Feb 14, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #22,077 of 33,689
Maybe I can chime in if you don't mind. The U1 has a more punchy bass performance than the IT01s and Kanas Pro but in terms of technical ability, the IT01s and Kanas Pro have the edge.
...and if You mod IT01 or KP, they also get more punchy/tight bass/percussion :wink:
Also, noting out that IT01 and U1 can have driver flex issues while KP doesn`t have any (at least I haven`t found one word about it so far).

So you have the c16 @CoiL ? Do you think its on par with the kanas pro ?
You can link me to a post if you have already talked about this. I may have missed.
I am interested in it's sounds, but their looks is a dealbraker for me.
No, I don`t have C16 and don`t plan to for same reasons as You - looks and fit isn`t for me. I was just talking about possible higher impedance cable effect on C16 before (but not claiming same exact effect as one user did).

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #22,078 of 33,689
My article about TFZ No.3. In contrary to bright King series, No.3 have dark and warm sound signature. Rare to find among lots of bright models nowadays.

My blog: LINK
HeadFi: LINK

Nice review, thank you for it.
You got the basic ~90 Euro version right? Wonder since they offer various versions on AE which differ in price quite heavily (90 - > 225 Euro) which makes me assume that there might be more than just optical differences between those versions.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #22,080 of 33,689
Nice review, thank you for it.
You got the basic ~90 Euro version right? Wonder since they offer various versions on AE which differ in price quite heavily (90 - > 225 Euro) which makes me assume that there might be more than just optical differences between those versions.

The only verison available at Penon is $109. This the one I've got. Not sure why AE prices may vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back