Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 17, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #22,096 of 33,689
I liked your review of IKKO OH1.

But what intrigued me was that my unit has a different cable, maybe they upgraded it, it looks better, it's a 4 a grey 4-core.

It's been a lot of time since you received your unit?
Thank you! Appreciate it. My unit is from the first batch. :)

Feb 17, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #22,097 of 33,689
As some of you know, I had ordered Noble Audio's Khan, which is quite nice but certainly over priced for many in this community.
Anyway, I had some interested experiences with my Khans tonight. Using thicker balanced cable, such as the C16 and a few other bigger cables from NiceHck and other Ali vendors, and my Ibasso players, I was receiving noise coming through the earphones. Changing up cables to thinner cables, problem went away.

This was especially noticeable with my iBasso DX200, amp 3. Didn’t notice any problems with the Sony ZX-300.

Is this some sort of amperage/demand issue with the Khan’s in particular? Not that I know much about this sort of thing.

This one works fine.

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #22,098 of 33,689
Anyway, I had some interested experiences with my Khans tonight. Using thicker balanced cable, such as the C16 and a few other bigger cables from NiceHck and other Ali vendors, and my Ibasso players, I was receiving noise coming through the earphones. Changing up cables to thinner cables, problem went away.
It`s because of cable impedance - thinner/less core cables have higher impedance thus "damping" hiss from player output (especially when player has low output impedance). Khan is about 19 Ohm, so it is pretty sensitive and can have some "hiss" problems with better and powerful players.

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #22,099 of 33,689
It`s because of cable impedance - thinner/less core cables have higher impedance thus "damping" hiss from player output (especially when player has low output impedance). Khan is about 19 Ohm, so it is pretty sensitive and can have some "hiss" problems with better and powerful players.
As you can see from my sig, I own quite a few earphones. This is the first time this has ever happened. I'm going to contact Noble and see what they say.
thanks for the response, I was thinking this as well.
Could earphones themselves shorten out a player or give noise to the signal?
(Sorry for the off topic)

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #22,100 of 33,689
Just received NiceHCK N3

For the moment, and after C16 andand V2/ny-06 in reviewing... Not very interesting
Treble sounds artificial, female voice are agressive, male voice are dark. Bass sounds good, slightly elevated but controlled.

Don't know if this type of driver need big burn in but after 2h. Don't sound very interesting. They call me **** en900 which is very artificial

Feb 18, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #22,101 of 33,689
Here are my thoughts on the iBasso IT01s. Tasty!
https://primeaudio.org/ibasso-it01s-iem-review/

iBasso IT01s with M2Pro and carrying case.jpg

Feb 18, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #22,104 of 33,689
Just received NiceHCK N3

For the moment, and after C16 andand V2/ny-06 in reviewing... Not very interesting
Treble sounds artificial, female voice are agressive, male voice are dark. Bass sounds good, slightly elevated but controlled.

Don't know if this type of driver need big burn in but after 2h. Don't sound very interesting. They call me **** en900 which is very artificial
Yeah just got mine too I'm not a fan. Nothing sounds right you know what I mean like there is something wrong with almost every aspect except maybe bass. Also the fit is not comfortable. I'm going give them another go but right now I don't really like them

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #22,105 of 33,689
Yeah just got mine too I'm not a fan. Nothing sounds right you know what I mean like there is something wrong with almost every aspect except maybe bass. Also the fit is not comfortable. I'm going give them another go but right now I don't really like them

Mmmmmh you confirm.... I'm afraid this iem will be disappointed everybody

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #22,106 of 33,689
Feb 18, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #22,108 of 33,689
What are your sources? Im thinking by looking at the specs that's an iem that needs some POWAH!
AP80 putting it in high gain mode helped but still sounds a little weird. The sound doesn't seem to have any cohesiveness across the frequencies. I don't know why but if you focus on one frequency at a time it sounds good. when you take it all in it sounds bad like each frequency range is fighting each other seems like bad crossovers.

Feb 18, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #22,109 of 33,689
AP80 putting it in high gain mode helped but still sounds a little weird. The sound doesn't seem to have any cohesiveness across the frequencies. I don't know why but if you focus on one frequency at a time it sounds good. when you take it all in it sounds bad like each frequency range is fighting each other seems like bad crossovers.
That's a shame. I had high hopes for it. Sounded really good when it was announced.

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #22,110 of 33,689
I just got a pair of Ikko OH1. These are really good. Definitely the best pair in my collection. Highly resolving for an exciting sound sig. Impactful bass with emphasized vocals yet I don't hear if any congestion. I'm used to hearing congestion with this sound sig. It's very clean and airy sounding too. Very, very impressive for $140. The case is very beautiful. Pictures don't do it justice. It's not that reflective in person. It's a soft reflection. The case is also compact and comfortable. It doesn't stretch any part of my ears. The wire reminds me of KZ ZS10 wires which isn't too bad but it's not as nice as TFZ's. I don't get much sound from wire rub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back