Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 7, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #21,901 of 33,689
So they want you to wear it up now, but what is the fit like? Because even when wearing up, the fit just wasn’t that great for me due to the odd placement of the mmcx connector and something about the nozzle (maybe not being angled or something).

In any case, I don’t use the T2 as often as I would like because of the fit. So if the T3 fits basically the same, then that may mean a pass for me.
+1 ...I'll pass on these as well.

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #21,902 of 33,689
No idea which thread to post this in so I'll post it here:

Ok, so I measured the T3 on EARS and Dayton and the compensated curve looks close enough so I’ll just post the EARS Diffuse Field target vs the T2 and T2 Pro shown below:

(Diffuse Field based on Etymotics ER4SR -- straight line = considered DF neutral)

Fit:

A little weird since they want you to wear it over-ears now with the cable type. Stock foams dont work for me. Works fine with SpinFit CP145 or the blue/red foamies I have that many people have shown photos of.

Sound & Music:

This is a real-time rambling for 30 minutes of listening. No burn-in, if you believe in that. Just straight out of my Monolith THX-AAA amp using stock cable.

I think if you like the signature of the T2, you’ll like the T3. It drops the treble and the bass response seems more apparent and fuller given the lower treble response. In general, they sound similar enough except for the lower treble, which is now controlled by a BA and not the DD.

It’s still a brighter IEM, but not as bright as the T2 Pro.

Some sibilance in “Teardrop” and Liz Fraser vocals in the massive attack song. Bass sounds much better than T2/Pro.

“Unfinished Symphony” - the intro hits hard now with better rumble.

“You and Tequila” - Kenny Chesney’s voice sounds really nice. More fuller than previous iterations. Guitars sound slightly harsh but doesnt bother me too much. (see CL2 for what bothers me)

“Miles Away” - Krysta Nicks - strings sound nice and detailed. Voice is a little harsh and a tad sibilant.

“Pearl Lakes” - U137 - Sounds good to me. No vocals, so no sibilance/harsh vocal issues. Fuller sound than previous.
The 6-8k though. Will it be sibilant with the s and t sounds?

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #21,903 of 33,689
The 6-8k though. Will it be sibilant with the s and t sounds?

I have the T3 with me and there isn't a lot of sibilance. Good crisp vocals. FYI, my ears are quite sensitive to sibilance. :)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #21,904 of 33,689
Adding on, I'm on a road trip driving and haven't gotten a lot of time with the T3 but here are my quick impressions with around 2-3 hours sum of usage.

Treble is clear and airy and along with the mids have good detail. Mids are on the thinner side but have a nice and easy tonality. I like it. Bass isn't for a basshead but there is enough quantity for me to enjoy listening to good bass in rock tracks.

For people concerned about sibilance- You hear sibilance in tracks that are either sibilant or tending sibilant. But it isn't so pronounced that I being sensitive to sibilance, would want to pull the earphones out immediately or have a problem with it.

The cable is unbelievable for this price segment. It looks like it alone can cost the price of the whole package.

All in all, I'm really enjoying the T3 and feel that it's a very good deal for $59.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #21,905 of 33,689
I hear some sibilance on some tracks but I am picking songs that look for it, per my quick tracklist impressions. I havent had a chance to listen to it since when I posted earlier. We just got a new kitten, and old cat + kitten are stressing each other out. :frowning2:

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #21,907 of 33,689
I'm on a road trip driving and haven't gotten a lot of time with the T3 but here are my quick impressions with around 2-3 hours sum of usage.

Treble is clear and airy and along with the mids have good detail. Mids are on the thinner side but have a nice and easy tonality. I like it. Bass isn't for a basshead but there is enough quantity for me to enjoy listening to good bass in rock tracks.

For people concerned about sibilance- You hear sibilance in tracks that are either sibilant or tending sibilant. But it isn't so pronounced that I being sibilant sensitive would want to pull the earphones out immediately or have a problem with it.

The cable is unbelievable for this price segment. It looks like it alone can cost the price of the whole package.

All in all, I'm really enjoying the T3 and feel that it's a very good deal for $59.

Added a paragraph to my post above, addressing enquiries about sibilance in T3. It's what I'm hearing, could be different for others. Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #21,908 of 33,689
Can someone compare kanas pro, c16 and t3?

Well, I have not listened to C16, but Kanas Pro and C16 are 3X more expensive than the T3.... so... not fair. :)

Kanas Pro destroys the T3 if you want a neutrally balanced IEM. It's nearly perfectly balanced in my opinion. Not as detailed as higher end IEMs but it's smooth and well designed. I'm fully on board the hype train.

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #21,910 of 33,689
how exactly seems like that when the red line is clearly lower in the bass area from the blue line?

The lines are normalized to a certain frequency. I tried to best-fit it as possible. But really, look at the entire frequency chart. The bass will sound bigger on the T3 because the mids and treble are closer to neutral. The T2/T2Pro have more elevated upper mids and treble so the bass is further behind in the mix.

In reality, yea the bass is probably the same. It's probably the same Dynamic Driver and the venting is done the same exact way with very similar shell, but due to the BA driver changing the emphasis on the mids/treble, the bass will stand out more.

Feb 8, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #21,911 of 33,689
Well, I have not listened to C16, but Kanas Pro and C16 are 3X more expensive than the T3.... so... not fair. :)

Kanas Pro destroys the T3 if you want a neutrally balanced IEM. It's nearly perfectly balanced in my opinion. Not as detailed as higher end IEMs but it's smooth and well designed. I'm fully on board the hype train.

Are they sounds similar? I mean like similar signature with different subbass but kanas pro is better in every aspect? got kanas pro on the way, tempted to get T3 at first because of knowles BA, but read your reviews that bass is the same made me hesitate. Got T2 also here.

Feb 8, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #21,912 of 33,689
I ordered another version of TRN BT20(0.75 version this time ) and happy to find out that double click on either earpiece skips the track this time as opposed to calling the last dialed no in my MMCX version.
This is the best bluetooth solution for me right now for such a little price.

Feb 8, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #21,913 of 33,689
The lines are normalized to a certain frequency. I tried to best-fit it as possible. But really, look at the entire frequency chart. The bass will sound bigger on the T3 because the mids and treble are closer to neutral. The T2/T2Pro have more elevated upper mids and treble so the bass is further behind in the mix.

In reality, yea the bass is probably the same. It's probably the same Dynamic Driver and the venting is done the same exact way with very similar shell, but due to the BA driver changing the emphasis on the mids/treble, the bass will stand out more.
Exactly. This is what I heard as well and I couldn't figure out why people were saying the T3 has more bass. For affirmation, I just measured mine as well and it's clear that the T2 and T3 have the same bass.

Tin Audio T3 vs Tin Audio T2.jpg

Feb 8, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #21,914 of 33,689
Exactly. This is what I heard as well and I couldn't figure out why people were saying the T3 has more bass. For affirmation, I just measured mine as well and it's clear that the T2 and T3 have the same bass.

So someone answer me this...

1. T2 Pro has the exact same bass as T2, and additional treble from about 5k to around 10k (graph courtesy of antdroid):
60D23C7A-F5FC-4008-AD78-1414393315DC.jpeg

And T3 has the exact same bass as T2, and additional treble from about 5k to around 10k (graph courtesy of crabdog):
9977DF36-1869-4361-BA56-DCA771673095.jpeg

Then what exactly are we buying?

T3 seems to be effectively a T2 Pro with a real nice cable (but in a different shell and adding a Knowles BA).

It looks to me like the main difference is the T3 rolls off the treble above 10k, to eliminate the 12k spike the T2 Pro had.

Since the original T2, people have overwhelmingly been asking for more low end. I don’t understand why TinAudio has given us not 1 but 2 models with exactly the same low end??

I admit, the cable is really nice, but I can buy a similar fancy cable for less than $59.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #21,915 of 33,689
No idea which thread to post this in so I'll post it here:
Ok, so I measured the T3 on EARS and Dayton and the compensated curve looks close enough so I’ll just post the EARS Diffuse Field target vs the T2 and T2 Pro shown below:
(Diffuse Field based on Etymotics ER4SR -- straight line = considered DF neutral)

Fit:
A little weird since they want you to wear it over-ears now with the cable type. Stock foams dont work for me. Works fine with SpinFit CP145 or the blue/red foamies I have that many people have shown photos of.

Sound & Music:

This is a real-time rambling for 30 minutes of listening. No burn-in, if you believe in that. Just straight out of my Monolith THX-AAA amp using stock cable.

I think if you like the signature of the T2, you’ll like the T3. It drops the treble and the bass response seems more apparent and fuller given the lower treble response. In general, they sound similar enough except for the lower treble, which is now controlled by a BA and not the DD.

It’s still a brighter IEM, but not as bright as the T2 Pro.

Some sibilance in “Teardrop” and Liz Fraser vocals in the massive attack song. Bass sounds much better than T2/Pro.

“Unfinished Symphony” - the intro hits hard now with better rumble.

“You and Tequila” - Kenny Chesney’s voice sounds really nice. More fuller than previous iterations. Guitars sound slightly harsh but doesnt bother me too much. (see CL2 for what bothers me)

“Miles Away” - Krysta Nicks - strings sound nice and detailed. Voice is a little harsh and a tad sibilant.

“Pearl Lakes” - U137 - Sounds good to me. No vocals, so no sibilance/harsh vocal issues. Fuller sound than previous.
less treble overall but the extension is sacrificed too, also they have a lot more treble in the 8.5khz region
Agree about KP vs. T3.
Here are my short initial OOTB impressions of KP: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/moo...pressions-thread.894139/page-62#post-14766724
By looking at graphs of T3, I`m littlebit disappointed, namely the area @ 7-9kHz, which would be "pain" for my ears. Glad I went with Kanas Pro and didn`t wait on T3.
IMHO, Kanas Pro is most true and confirmed "hype train" I have seen and now experiencing myself. They are just right, in every way. Worth every penny and much more...
Just incredibly well tuned and Hi-Res capable single DD... imho. Next SQ jump would probably require lot thicker wallet and I`m suspecting I`m staying with KP and call it done for long time :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back