Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 18, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #21,422 of 33,689
Just remember, serial numbers and cable tags can all be faked too.

These scammers are smart, and keep making the counterfeits more and more accurate. Who remembers the counterfeit Xiaomi Pro HD? Those had everything matching the real deal. A few years ago I bought a Sennheiser Momentum that turned out to be the highest quality counterfeit I’ve ever seen. It actually exceeded the genuine headphone in some ways.

The only difference between the Xiaomi Pro HD and Sennheiser counterfeits and the real thing was the sound. But if you don’t have a genuine one to compare you’d probably never know. Luckily, I knew the Momentum was fake the second I heard it because I knew what a genuine sounded like. But if I didn’t have a known genuine available to compare with, I would have never known because the fake sounded “OK”.

Since I’ve never heard one these Sonys, I wouldn’t know for sure if one I bought was real or not since I don’t have a genuine one to compare with.
...that can be true as well.

Crossed-fingers!...don't want to jinx myself! :fingers_crossed:

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #21,425 of 33,689
If you noticed, I only trust the ones with the tags. The one in the center without the tag is an OEM cable and can be questionable since it could be a fake aftermarket IEM.

Mine has tags. Anyway why would there be fakes for an $8 iem?

Jan 18, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #21,426 of 33,689
the price here is so cheap, so i get this 2pcs for $10, and comparing both unit, with different S/N is a sign of genuine set.
and its better than last time "under 10bucks" contender.

MH755>>>nicehck ep10>ez D4

Hmmm well I either got a fake or else my ears are different because while I thought they sounded “good”, I find them substantially lower in SQ than than the EP10.

They sound pretty neutral to me, very clean / low distortion, but congested and boring and, well, cheap.

Jan 18, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #21,428 of 33,689
Hmmm well I either got a fake or else my ears are different because while I thought they sounded “good”, I find them substantially lower in SQ than than the EP10.

They sound pretty neutral to me, very clean / low distortion, but congested and boring and, well, cheap.

Do a test to make sure you have the right and the left one in the correct ears. Mine is wired differently than I expected. The shorter cable is for the left... on my pair. Too late to compare with Panda's pair because he already has removed his cable. I find if I inadvertently reverse right and left, the music will be congested as the spacial cues are wrong.

Jan 18, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #21,429 of 33,689
The MH755 really is a great sounding earphone, I like the sound more than the IT01 (just by a little) and damn they can take some power and still sound ridiculously clean.
IT01 can also take crazy amount of power (I`m running them @ 3V/80mA per channel) and when You remove nozzle grills - this thing gets crazy good.
But it is quite interesting that You find MH755 and IT01 similar sounding ( or did I misunderstood?) - they should be noticeably different.
Also, looking at MH755 waterfall/distortion graphs, bass is pretty distorted and slow-roll-off (slow). IT01 should be in whole next level in that area with graphene diaphragm+ helmholz resonator+ near 1 tesla magnetic force, and I believe it is.
and... what tips do You use @ IT01?

10201965_thumb.png
That graph looks pretty horrible to me up from 2kHz. Of course, graphs don`t tell the whole story.

What size drivers are the MH755?
Wondering same. If they sound good like it is hyped, I might take up driver implementation into ZS3/ZS4 shells and do proper shell/nozzle tuning also.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #21,431 of 33,689
really good question, but they are ubiquitous--maybe the calculus is that there's more profit in a high-volume, low cost item. i got burned with a fake (<$12 fake) xioami piston which included incredibly elaborate counterfeit packaging, warranty card, etc.-you gotta admire the dedication. i also unwittingly bought a fake klipsch x10 which was better built and better sounding than the real thing.

Jan 18, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #21,432 of 33,689

Sums it up very well I think, I've got an initial wow factor because of the former but get fed-up with them after less than five minutes because of the latter.

Jan 18, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #21,433 of 33,689
IT01 can also take crazy amount of power (I`m running them @ 3V/80mA per channel) and when You remove nozzle grills - this thing gets crazy good.
But it is quite interesting that You find MH755 and IT01 similar sounding ( or did I misunderstood?) - they should be noticeably different.

Bass profile is similar that is what I meant, the MH755 is more lively due to the lower treble boost.

Also, looking at MH755 waterfall/distortion graphs, bass is pretty distorted and slow-roll-off (slow). IT01 should be in whole next level in that area with graphene diaphragm+ helmholz resonator+ near 1 tesla magnetic force, and I believe it is.
and... what tips do You use @ IT01?

I will try and measure both distortion and waterfall plots this weekend. The stock tips work for me on the IT01, so I didn't change them. I typically only change tips if they won't stay in my ears.

That graph looks pretty horrible to me up from 2kHz. Of course, graphs don`t tell the whole story.

I hope I didn't confuse you, that is not the MH755, that is the **** someone was talking about.

Wondering same. If they sound good like it is hyped, I might take up driver implementation into ZS3/ZS4 shells and do proper shell/nozzle tuning also.
I thought about moving the drivers into a shell that I like better, but I think the cable mode will be fine for me.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #21,434 of 33,689
You might consider the ZhiYin Z5000 ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...etal-Earphone-With-MMCX-Bass/32738712329.html ), which has strong low Bass, but not as much Mid-Bass as the Tennmak Pro.
I use the Tennmak Pro when I'm sleeping, because it does have that warm Bass / Mid-Bass signature.
The Z5000, due to its size and shape, isn't comfortable for me to use while sleeping - but other than that, it's a really nice earphone.
To DBaldock: Its surprising that all your Favs are a similar style but your still willing to try these silicon style earbuds.

Does anybody know, Genuinely how many different styles there are? Is there a possibility its like the watch industry where majority is done with ETA movements?
In this case using the same drivers, different cases?

Jan 18, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #21,435 of 33,689

They make fake eggs (yes, individual $0.03 eggs that are completely fake), fake rice made of plastic pellets, fake honey, fake baby formula, fake Apple air pods, fake Apple ear buds, fake batteries, fake steamed dumplings made from chopped cardboard, fake beef, fake noodles, etc.

Even fake electronis chips and individual circuit board components, when the genuine ones may only cost $0.05 or $0.10 each!

So yeah, I’m sure there’s loads of money to be made in selling fake Sonys for $8.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back