Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 18, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #20,731 of 33,689

Source: SONY NW-A46 > xDuoo XD10 Poke
IEMs: Tenhz P4 Pro and Whizzer A-HE03 Kylin

Whizzer A-HE03 is well-rounded IEM when compared to The Tenhz P4 Pro.

Bass: Better on Whizzer A-HE03 and is slightly above neutral level whereas bass on Tenhz P4 Pro is neutral.

Mids: Mids are more upfront on Tenhz P4 Pro, I call it a Mids-O-Phile IEM whereas A-HE03 aka Kylin's mids are not as upfront as Tenhz P4 Pro but it is not recessed either.

We get more space in mids in Kylin as compared to The Tenhz P4 Pro and it is obvious because the mids on Kylin are not as forward as P4 Pro.

Treble: Both have neutral sounding treble, no IEM is harsh sounding IEM in treble region. I couldn't detect any harshness or sibilance in upper-mids and lower treble region in both the IEMs.

Soundstage: Soundstage is better on Whizzer Kylin A-HE03.

Instrument Separation: Better on Whizzer Kylin A-HE03 because of the less mid-forward nature when compared to The Tenhz P4 Pro.

Who should buy the Tenhz P4 Pro?: Tin Audio T2 lovers. The Tenhz Audio P4 Pro is the direct upgrade of Tin Audio T2, be it bass, be it mids, be it treble, be it soundstage.

Who should buy Whizzer A-HE03 Kylin?: Those who want balanced sound with a bit emphasis on bass with the overall more relaxed sound with great instrument separation.
What? The A-HE03 has a massive bass! :face_palm:

Dec 18, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #20,733 of 33,689
Got mine just today... I need to tip roll a bit but early impressions are that I like them ok, could use a little more bass but I think they're just too shallow with the tips I've tried so far. Sound is clean with good but not superb detail. Sound stage is kind of small.

I love how they look. Audio jewelry! :D

And the logo is actually facing the correct way.

I don’t know why KZ has such difficulty with this. Every one is upside down when worn lol

Dec 18, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #20,734 of 33,689
That's not the V-shape I had expected. That 7 kHz sibilance peak is weird ("ZS6") whereas the dip between 7 and 10 kHz is not uncommon. And strange is the slow roll off that already starts in the lower midrange. The bass does not point to a fat or warm sound and the sub-bass is probably the opposite of visceral and definitely not weighty. The sound may lack body and the trough in the lower midrange may make male voices dull.

I can't await receiving and measuring mine.

Keep in mind that sibilance can occur anywhere over a somewhat wide treble range. It’s really a case by case basis.

While I don’t have the IEM in question, it’s possible there’s no sibilance whatsoever at 7k, and the sibilance occurred after that and was purposely tuned out via the dip.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #20,735 of 33,689
What? The A-HE03 has a massive bass! :face_palm:

No not at all, it is never boomy, doesn't bleed into the mids, it is tight, controlled, punchy kind of bass but it is definitely above neutral.

Dec 18, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #20,736 of 33,689
Your review inspired EZAudio/HZSound to develop the D5:relaxed:
1535430954.jpg
Something new about them?
Hope, they don't remake treble region, because it is perfect on D4 :L3000: And with bass mod, these are my current all-rounded.

Dec 18, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #20,737 of 33,689
With the good bass, mids an timbre, and souding SO TERRIBLE, i still doesn't understand this iem. Eq and mods can't do nothinh for him. I buyed ds1 in a huge hype train that came directly from france If you know what i mean LOL, i think some of you may remember that.

Sometimes the hype train does one of these:

D65254FC-BFE1-49B2-8839-E2F4B4EA146B.gif

Dec 18, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #20,738 of 33,689
Sometimes the hype train does one of these:

Couldn't agree more. I saw a lot of positive comments about the DM6 but when I tried it, I didn't like it one bit (no offense to owners). It sounded too unnatural to me. I still prefer the IT01 and TFZ Secret Garden way more than the DM6.

Dec 18, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #20,739 of 33,689
Couldn't agree more. I saw a lot of positive comments about the DM6 but when I tried it, I didn't like it one bit (no offense to owners). It sounded too unnatural to me. I still prefer the IT01 and TFZ Secret Garden way more than the DM6.
That`s why having well regarded IEM and FR graphs of it will help to provide insight to potential buy. Crinacle measurements on DM6 vs. IT01(also S) made me scrap off DM6 from list.
That 6.5-8kHz hill-peak just isn`t for my ears, I would hate it.

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #20,740 of 33,689
That`s why having well regarded IEM and FR graphs of it will help to provide insight to potential buy. Crinacle measurements on DM6 vs. IT01(also S) made me scrap off DM6 from list.
That 6.5-8kHz hill-peak just isn`t for my ears, I would hate it.
Dont wanna be that guy, but did you read his disclaimer before seeing the graphs. I am specifically talking about this point
"6. Expect a resonant peak. This peak exists around 7-10k and is affected by insert depth. If you are not sure what I'm talking about, don't try to be smart. Ignore frequencies above 7k until you do."

Dec 18, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #20,741 of 33,689
TRN BT20 arrived today, charged and paired my BQEYZ BQ3 to my LG V30 and am now very happy. Works great, connection is very stable and I find them comfortable.

20181218_151625[1].jpg

Dec 18, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #20,743 of 33,689
And the logo is actually facing the correct way.

I don’t know why KZ has such difficulty with this. Every one is upside down when worn lol

LOL, it's the little things.... and it's not like those KZ's can be worn cable down.

Dec 18, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #20,744 of 33,689
TRN BT20 arrived today, charged and paired my BQEYZ BQ3 to my LG V30 and am now very happy. Works great, connection is very stable and I find them comfortable.

But... but... the colors don't match, @HungryPanda :yum:

I ordered one recently, can't wait!

Dec 18, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #20,745 of 33,689
Update on the CCA C10 :point_left:

For now, I have reached 45 hours burning-in the CCA C10's and since the 25 hour mark they have really taken off! Finally, I can definitely say so far that they provide precise detailed acoustics when compared to the ZSN. While the ZSN is a wild energetic beast with in-your-face open and fun acoustics (which I still personally like), the C10 plays and entertains as the maestro in a full on-stage orchestra! Though I still love the full approach of the ZSN, others will appreciate C10's way of taking the same ZSN sound signature field and making it a lot easier to manipulate in a professional use! Both perform well with many choices of genre's to choose from. But, ZSN will be your choice for a wild and fun ride, while the C10 will be the more accurate and precision listening experience of the two.

I'm totally blown away on these two models and their collaboration in showing the listener how they perform versus the competition from a brother and sister company approach!

At the moment, I love both equally the same! ...They really compliment each other!

I'll continue to burn-in the C10 to 100 hours and see if any other changes occur and hopefully make it to the top of my list. We'll soon see...

-Clear :tophat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back