Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 17, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #20,716 of 33,689
Well I have no idea what I was supposed to receive but a package containing a medium sized woman's mountaineering jacket turned up with my name, address and telephone number on the label

Maybe that's just the packing, around some nice headphones... :wink: :k701smile:

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #20,718 of 33,689
Dec 17, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #20,719 of 33,689
Well I have no idea what I was supposed to receive but a package containing a medium sized woman's mountaineering jacket turned up with my name, address and telephone number on the label
Better than my 100 pencil erasers that appeared instead of an earphone.

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #20,720 of 33,689
Unfortunately not but I feel for whoever wanted that jacket

If you know the vendor name, maybe they can identify who ordered it.
I know that, before the airlines / government limited Li-Po battery shipments, I had ordered a couple of nice batteries from China (to be used in my XRK Pocket Class A Amp).
When the package arrived, it was the wrong item.
I contacted the vendor, and they explained that multiple orders had been bundled and shipped to a forwarding service in the USA.
It was the forwarder who mixed up at least three or four orders.
I was able to send the batteries I received to the person who ordered them - but I never saw the batteries that I ordered.
When I asked about them shipping replacements, that's when they explained the import/shipping rules had changed - so they just refunded my money.

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #20,721 of 33,689
The CCA C10 are here!

First impressions today are excellent! They do nothing wrong and offensive, but rather present a non-harsh spectrum of great details!
They have an eerie close sound signature to the KZ ZSN! :astonished: The only difference I can hear so far is less aggressiveness coming from the C10, that's it! I can see these already being a total hit for those that prefer precision details over aggressive details like the ZSN. I can not find any weakness so far, but this is premature to say the least. I'll be burning these in all week and will give more impressions later.
So far, these might be another winner in my book! :trophy: For now, enjoy the PIC's I provided in comparison to the ZSN.

Yes, the package that the CCA came in says KZ! ...and the package sure resembles KZ, as well. :point_down:

ZSN and C10 side by side... They are actually the same size!

Both cables are pretty good! Notice the difference on the Y-splitter...
Hope you enjoyed the new CCA C10 from the KZ family!

-Clear
any detailed comparison to QT2?

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #20,723 of 33,689
Dec 17, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #20,724 of 33,689
Reason I'm asking is because I myself am a bit more negative about them. I like the soundstage on them, but some songs sound a tad muddy and some mid instruments and vocals - especially male vocals - may be way more pronounced for my taste. It sounds mostly fine with female singers, but too laid back, distant with some male vocals.

I really want to like them more though, because of the price they have now (40 euros), their looks and the wonderfully solid cable.

I don't like the P3, too dark, too muddy. Tried a few tips, a few cables (nicehck 6N GC-OCC cable & ALO Litz), same result.

Dec 17, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #20,725 of 33,689
Apparently the P3 is not for "treble heads."

Reason I'm asking is because I myself am a bit more negative about them. I like the soundstage on them, but some songs sound a tad muddy and some mid instruments and vocals - especially male vocals - may be way more pronounced for my taste. It sounds mostly fine with female singers, but too laid back, distant with some male vocals.

I really want to like them more though, because of the price they have now (40 euros), their looks and the wonderfully solid cable.

No, the highs are quite rolled off indeed. Which tips do you use on them now?

I wanted to like them, they could be better if the treble is boosted, there is severe valley in the 8-10khz like the upper treble BA is pushed too low via the crossover. They had promise, bass is good (not great) with some rumble, no midbass bleed good depth, but clarity takes a hit due to lacking sizzle up top aka dark, muddy, boring or unexciting all of which kind of describe the lack of upper treble. I like the fit and cable, it's not isolating like some others. @Dsnuts suspects a BGVP DS1 repackage...if someone can find a raw graph of the DS1 we can compare. Here was my P3
upload_2018-12-17_22-43-11.png

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #20,726 of 33,689
Have more of you gotten the Nicehck Black Friday mystery bag IEM, which is now called the P3? How do you like it?

Got mine just today... I need to tip roll a bit but early impressions are that I like them ok, could use a little more bass but I think they're just too shallow with the tips I've tried so far. Sound is clean with good but not superb detail. Sound stage is kind of small.

I love how they look. Audio jewelry! :D

IMG_0145.JPG

Dec 18, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #20,727 of 33,689
I wanted to like them, they could be better if the treble is boosted, there is severe valley in the 8-10khz like the upper treble BA is pushed too low via the crossover. They had promise, bass is good (not great) with some rumble, no midbass bleed good depth, but clarity takes a hit due to lacking sizzle up top aka dark, muddy, boring or unexciting all of which kind of describe the lack of upper treble. I like the fit and cable, it's not isolating like some others. @Dsnuts suspects a BGVP DS1 repackage...if someone can find a raw graph of the DS1 we can compare. Here was my P3
That's not the V-shape I had expected. That 7 kHz sibilance peak is weird ("ZS6") whereas the dip between 7 and 10 kHz is not uncommon. And strange is the slow roll off that already starts in the lower midrange. The bass does not point to a fat or warm sound and the sub-bass is probably the opposite of visceral and definitely not weighty. The sound may lack body and the trough in the lower midrange may make male voices dull.

I can't await receiving and measuring mine.

Dec 18, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #20,728 of 33,689

Hey friend, i am pretty sure you confirm my suspicious.... My ds1 also had a very, very congested soundstage, not a intimate but yet good one, but a claustrophobic, weird one. A huge peak somewhere in the mid treble that make the vocals sharp and sometimes ear bleeding with a HUGE roll off in the treble area. This darkened the sound in a very bad way. Lifting the treble DIDN't solved the claudtrophobic feeling and the sound become even more bad. Timbre in the mids was ok, and bass was impressively fast and textured, i have yet to hear a better one in the price segment.

With the good bass, mids an timbre, and souding SO TERRIBLE, i still doesn't understand this iem. Eq and mods can't do nothinh for him. I buyed ds1 in a huge hype train that came directly from france If you know what i mean LOL, i think some of you may remember that

IF that p3 sounds the same, we have the same bad iem and i don't recomend it. Yout fr graph do seem like the ones that bgvp showed at the time.

Dec 18, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #20,729 of 33,689
Better than my 100 pencil erasers that appeared instead of an earphone.
I got robbed by a couple sellers on e-bay, probably the same one... They sent me a black stick nail file... I never could figure out what I was supposed to receive in reality cause e-bay seems to delete old purchases from viewing. Lame.

Dec 18, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #20,730 of 33,689
Whizzer A-HE03 Kylin, Tenhz P4 Pro, Sony NW-A46 and xDuoo XD-10 Poke.jpg

Source: SONY NW-A46 > xDuoo XD10 Poke
IEMs: Tenhz P4 Pro and Whizzer A-HE03 Kylin

Whizzer A-HE03 is well-rounded IEM when compared to The Tenhz P4 Pro.

Bass: Better on Whizzer A-HE03 and is slightly above neutral level whereas bass on Tenhz P4 Pro is neutral.

Mids: Mids are more upfront on Tenhz P4 Pro, I call it a Mids-O-Phile IEM whereas A-HE03 aka Kylin's mids are not as upfront as Tenhz P4 Pro but it is not recessed either.

We get more space in mids in Kylin as compared to The Tenhz P4 Pro and it is obvious because the mids on Kylin are not as forward as P4 Pro.

Treble: Both have neutral sounding treble, no IEM is harsh sounding IEM in treble region. I couldn't detect any harshness or sibilance in upper-mids and lower treble region in both the IEMs.

Soundstage: Soundstage is better on Whizzer Kylin A-HE03.

Instrument Separation: Better on Whizzer Kylin A-HE03 because of the less mid-forward nature when compared to The Tenhz P4 Pro.

Who should buy the Tenhz P4 Pro?: Tin Audio T2 lovers. The Tenhz Audio P4 Pro is the direct upgrade of Tin Audio T2, be it bass, be it mids, be it treble, be it soundstage.

Who should buy Whizzer A-HE03 Kylin?: Those who want balanced sound with a bit emphasis on bass with the overall more relaxed sound with great instrument separation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back