Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 19, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #20,761 of 33,689
What is the bass mod? What tips are you using?

Hello,
You can do two variants of the Bass Mod. Both are very easy:
1. Cover the front vent hole with the tape. It's not a beautiful work in my case, but I get a huge amount of very detailed (sub)bass, better isolation, smoother treble and other smaller differences.
But Watch out for very high volume. It can cause a driver flex or a leakage.
10214457_thumb.jpg

2. Make small hole to the tape with a thin needle, if the bass is too much for you or if you're afraid of a diaphragm.

I'm used to these classic eartips:
10214458_thumb.jpg

Surprisingly I can't hear any sibilences or a loss of air due to the first mod. Only a blacker background and a less forward treble, which does not have to be a bad thing.
Still, I would characterise EzAudio D4 as a colder monitors with an abnormal detail retrieval through their frequency curve.

Attachments

• IMG_20181218_085552mm.jpg
    IMG_20181218_085552mm.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 0
  • eartips.jpg
    eartips.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 0
Dec 19, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #20,762 of 33,689
I'm curious, Has EP10 the same amount of detail (from bass to heighs) as D4?
Once I heard titanized membrane of D4, I do not want anything else...

Not to my ear no, the D4 has more detail and especially micro-detail than the EP10.

Dec 19, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #20,763 of 33,689
Help needed from TRN BT 20 Users.I got the MMCX version and loving them so far, however mine has a small(big) issue.Double click on either earpiece triggers a call to last number dialed rather than than skipping the track playing.Can anybody help in how to change that setting?
Thanks In advance.

This dang thing came without any instruction booklet ... I searched and found some images .. here's one that says double click should forward to next track .. I'll need to check mine when I get home from work.

One_touch.JPG

Dec 19, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #20,764 of 33,689
This dang thing came without any instruction booklet ... I searched and found some images .. here's one that says double click should forward to next track .. I'll need to check mine when I get home from work.

The “2 press for track forward and 3 presses for track back” function probably depends on the device and also the application (ie Android vs iOS vs laptop vs Bluetooth DAP etc).

I’m pretty sure the single press for pause/play is a universal standard though.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #20,765 of 33,689
Hope they release the next version with three buttons. Just add two(or a rocker button) on the rear edge for volume and hold up for FF and lower for RW. Enough room really and shame to not even have volume control and have to do the multiple presses thing.

Dec 19, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #20,766 of 33,689
Hope they release the next version with three buttons. Just add two(or a rocker button) on the rear edge for volume and hold up for FF and lower for RW. Enough room really and shame to not even have volume control and have to do the multiple presses thing.

Totally agree on the volume control. I hate reaching for my phone just to change the volume.

It probably would have cost an extra $1 to add a volume rocker.

Dec 19, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #20,767 of 33,689
The “2 press for track forward and 3 presses for track back” function probably depends on the device and also the application (ie Android vs iOS vs laptop vs Bluetooth DAP etc).

I’m pretty sure the single press for pause/play is a universal standard though.

Just tried it with TRN BT20 bluetooth connected to my iPhone XS .. single press pauses the song. Double press calls the first listed number from my "recents" category on my phone. So no way to forward to another track other than use the iPhone. If I delete the "recents" numbers, it just disconnects the left/right pairing and another press connects the left/right pairing.

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #20,768 of 33,689
Just tried it with TRN BT20 bluetooth connected to my iPhone XS .. single press pauses the song. Double press calls the first listed number from my "recents" category on my phone. So no way to forward to another track other than use the iPhone. If I delete the "recents" numbers, it just disconnects the left/right pairing and another press connects the left/right pairing.

FYI, iPhone SE and is the same as you’re reporting.

(iOS):
Single click = pause/play
Double click = last number redial
Triple click = nothing

Can anyone with an Android phone please test the functionality of the double and triple click?

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #20,770 of 33,689
FYI, iPhone SE and is the same as you’re reporting.

(iOS):
Single click = pause/play
Double click = last number redial
Triple click = nothing

Can anyone with an Android phone please test the functionality of the double and triple click?

I get the same.

Android (Samsung Note 4)
Single = pause/play (answer/hangup probably too)
Double = call last number dialed
Triple = zilch

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #20,772 of 33,689

Here you go.

The actual instructions included with my BT20 do not mention anything about double press for fwd/next or triple for rev/back.

20181219_200123.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #20,774 of 33,689
Totally agree on the volume control. I hate reaching for my phone just to change the volume.

It probably would have cost an extra $1 to add a volume rocker.

No need to reach for the phone - just use the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to adjust volume. :D

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #20,775 of 33,689
KP thicker/fuller sounding, more cohesive and neutral I would say but frankly due to absence of front vents on the U1 and the consequent need for me to only have an imperfect seal as to avoid "suction" issues, it's a bit hard to fully judge it sonically. The other day I found them very bright but today less so which might be due to either my brain or most likely to inconsistent seal. Once I have drilled small front vents I'll hopefully be able to assess them better, I have ordered the tools and should get them soon. What I can say for almost certain is that U1 has some mid-bass lift but the KP doesn't. And extended treble on the U1 seems a bit elevated and detached to me, somewhat in IE800 or P1 style whereas Kanas doesn't have that.

Hi chickenmoon!
I suppose you are talking about the Pinnacle P1. How does the KP compare to the P1 in your opinion?
I have the P1 and have ordered the KP but have little other experience with IEMs and it's not easy for me to know what to expect.

I'll be using them with the Chord Mojo, preferred genres are classic, jazz, world music, vocals, older pop and rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back