Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 20, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #20,776 of 33,689
FYI, iPhone SE and is the same as you’re reporting.

(iOS):
Single click = pause/play
Double click = last number redial
Triple click = nothing

Can anyone with an Android phone please test the functionality of the double and triple click?
I am using Android pie on pixel 2 and double press is calling the last no from the recent list.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #20,777 of 33,689
No need to reach for the phone - just use the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to adjust volume. :D

I’m old school, being fairly anti-technology whenever possible (despite a career in IT). I usually wear an Omega (mechanical watch), so no go on the volume adjustment lol

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #20,779 of 33,689
Hi chickenmoon!
I suppose you are talking about the Pinnacle P1. How does the KP compare to the P1 in your opinion?
I have the P1 and have ordered the KP but have little other experience with IEMs and it's not easy for me to know what to expect.

I'll be using them with the Chord Mojo, preferred genres are classic, jazz, world music, vocals, older pop and rock.

Not the greatest P1 fan here, saying I like the KP much more is an understatement. Expect something much more neutral with great clarity, resolution and separation.

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #20,780 of 33,689
Not the greatest P1 fan here, saying I like the KP much more is an understatement. Expect something much more neutral with great clarity, resolution and separation.

Thanks for the feedback! Looking forward to receiving the Kanas Pro's, and I'll share my findings when I got a good listen...

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #20,781 of 33,689
I found this video about the Simgot MT3. Seems highly underrated.

My review lines up pretty well with this guy's impressions.
Measurements using Crinacle's psudeo-IEC compensation below:
10201563.jpg

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #20,784 of 33,689
Here are more continued impressions on both the KZ ZSN and CCA C10 :point_left::sunglasses:

While the KZ ZSN continues to be fun, the CCA C10 has definitely gone premium at 65 hours (and still going)!

The ZSN is very fun and energetic and will keep you entertained, if you're up to being entertained. It offers a bright, lively, and front stage presence, similar to a rock concert! Those that aren't used too such energy coming from in-ear monitors might mistaken these as sounding somewhat harsh or metallic. But, for the majority that enjoy them, I can see why these can be so unique and larger than life with such up-close musicality!

So far, with the CCA C10 at 65 hours (set at looped playback), these will definitely be considered premium with layers of precise details with none whatsoever peaks, harshness, or sibilance coming to play. Soundstage is wide with good frontal stage and depth. You will have to burn them in for at least 20 hours before you start noticing the expansion on all areas of enhanced bass, midrange, and treble. In fact, the whole sound signature reminds you of the ZSN at first, but then, it over shadows the ZSN with its premium and mature sound signature that constantly shows the alpha side of leadership showing "who's in charge".

Finally, the KZ ZSN did take me by surprise showing KZ's strategy of what a weekend is like at a club, or even a live rock concert! While, in the meantime, the CCA C10 is showing all its glory on a very premium signature in a studio-like atmosphere! Both the ZSN and C10 are very good in its own rights. But, after evaluating the C10 and realizing how good they are, the C10 is one earphone not to miss out!

Here's to ZSN and C10! ...Cheers!

-Clear :tropical_drink:

Dec 20, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #20,785 of 33,689
Hello,
You can do two variants of the Bass Mod. Both are very easy:
1. Cover the front vent hole with the tape. It's not a beautiful work in my case, but I get a huge amount of very detailed (sub)bass, better isolation, smoother treble and other smaller differences.
But Watch out for very high volume. It can cause a driver flex or a leakage.
10214457_thumb.jpg

2. Make small hole to the tape with a thin needle, if the bass is too much for you or if you're afraid of a diaphragm.

I'm used to these classic eartips:
10214458_thumb.jpg

Surprisingly I can't hear any sibilences or a loss of air due to the first mod. Only a blacker background and a less forward treble, which does not have to be a bad thing.
Still, I would characterise EzAudio D4 as a colder monitors with an abnormal detail retrieval through their frequency curve.

So, I thought, what the heck, I'll give her a spin. Used Kapton tape sealed the inner holes and... well first when inserting the IEMs in my ear, I could hear a faint pop/crackle. First time it happened, I pulled them out and reinserted and there it was again. So I assumed the seal is so good that it's flexing the driver. Point to self and others, insert slowly so you don't damage your eardrums.

When installed, let there be more subbass! The D4 is incredible without modding with the right tips, modded, they are even better. Without real extensive testing, the most shocking thing was the bass didn't bleed or get more muddy, it just became more present. I didn't hear any change to the frequencies either.

Overall, highly recommended but I would suggest a tiny pinhole to protect the driver and your eardrums. The bass mod is real!

Dec 20, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #20,786 of 33,689
Hello guys,
As i'm waiting for the zs7 to come out and i'm really undecided if to buy again a pair of zs6 and adapt them to my ears, i'm still using the MEMT X5 for now.
They're extremely lively and funny, i think one of the best all-rounders i've ever tried for my tastes.

The problem is i'm using foam tips since last year as i hear muffled sound due to driver flex.
I tried everythinf: opening my mouth, head inclination, pulling up my ears.. can't wear them without foam tips.
Is there some of you which can give me any kind of advice about how can i try more things?
I have a friend that uses them with silicon tips and he has no problem, so i wanna know if i'm unlucky here or he is the one that has got luck.

Thanks in advance

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #20,787 of 33,689
Hello guys,
As i'm waiting for the zs7 to come out and i'm really undecided if to buy again a pair of zs6 and adapt them to my ears, i'm still using the MEMT X5 for now.
They're extremely lively and funny, i think one of the best all-rounders i've ever tried for my tastes.

The problem is i'm using foam tips since last year as i hear muffled sound due to driver flex.
I tried everythinf: opening my mouth, head inclination, pulling up my ears.. can't wear them without foam tips.
Is there some of you which can give me any kind of advice about how can i try more things?
I have a friend that uses them with silicon tips and he has no problem, so i wanna know if i'm unlucky here or he is the one that has got luck.

Thanks in advance
Try "double-flange" ear tips. :point_left: If the ones that came with your X5 (as default) were too soft and unsatisfactory, try "aftermarket" double-flange ear tips. They seem to do wonders for me! But, if the driver flex seems to be a factor and problem on the matter, you might need to probably contact the seller to get this matter fixed. Or, if you had them for a long time beyond the warranty period, then you might have to just purchase another pair.

...It really happens to the best of us, even on my past purchases! :unamused:

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #20,788 of 33,689
Hey, I don't know if this is the thread for this, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in trading a pair of IEMs for this ram stick: https://amzn.to/2R3KLZF . I had the TINAUDIO T2s but sadly the connector on one side of both the cable and earphone broke, so only half the pair is functioning haha. I really enjoy the T2s with the blue tac mod, if you have any earphones similar to that sound signature.

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #20,789 of 33,689
Hey, I don't know if this is the thread for this, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in trading a pair of IEMs for this ram stick: https://amzn.to/2R3KLZF . I had the TINAUDIO T2s but sadly the connector on one side of both the cable and earphone broke, so only half the pair is functioning haha. I really enjoy the T2s with the blue tac mod, if you have any earphones similar to that sound signature.
Im confused... You want to trade the RAM stick for what?

BTW i dont think this is the right thread for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back