Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 4, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #20,356 of 33,689
So I really like the EP10 the more and more I use them. This is easily my favorite 11.11 purchase, and worth every penny of $4.80!

Here's some observations:

1. The comfort is off the hook. The angled nozzles allow the IEM to sit at just the right angle, and the straight leg on the bottom of the shell tucks securely into the intertragic notch. I have been wearing them for hours with no discomfort whatsoever.

2. The EP10 are perfect for music that is traditionally bass light, such as 60s-80s rock. They fill in just enough additional low end to make the songs sound more modern and fun. For example, Paul McCartney's Pipes of Peace, Sade's Diamond Life, and The Housemartins' London 0 Hull 4. These albums can sound dull and boring on IEMs like Tin Audio T2 and even the KZ ZSN. Don't get me wrong - the T2 and ZSN are awesome IEMs, but this is a perfect example of why I like having different gear for different genres. It really makes a huge difference in listening enjoyment.

3. I also noticed some micro details in the bass, that I usually only notice in full size headphones (not IEMs):
  • In Dirty Work by Steely Dan, I can actually feel a subtle vibration/pressure from the kick drum reverberating, like if my head was very close to the kick drum.
  • In Michael Jackson's Rock With You, I can feel the same subtle pressure effect from the snare drums and even from the finger snaps.
  • In Michael Jackson's Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, I can feel the bass guitar strings vibrating. Again, very subtle but it's there.
At 1st I assumed this was simply due to the EP10's v shape tune. But I tested the same tracks back-to-back against some other v shaped IEMs and the effect was not the same. Very cool :)

4. I do feel that the EP10 tuning has noticeably cleaner mids and tighter bass when amped. When played directly from my iPhone SE and unamped, it sounds somewhat mushier (like there is a thin layer of glue or honey smeared on the drum heads).

5. Mids can be recessed (more noticeable on some tracks vs others). For example, on Michael Jackson's Thriller, the background guitar that comes in at 0:28 is buried to the point that it's barely noticeable :frowning2:

6. The chin slider is useless. I'm glad the EP10 even has one, but it's too large to be effective, and slides back down after a while. If it continues to bother me, I may give it a whack with a flathead screwdriver (or a gentle pinch with some end nipper wire dikes) to shape it more into a figure 8 and making it tighter.

Have any of the other EP10 owners noticed any of these things?

ep10 are great for low bass rock and Ezaudio D4 great for bass strong like Frente Bolivarista, Tommy Guerrero :) Larger bores for EP10, smaller for EzAudio D4.
They're really worlds apart in signature and both are very tip sensitive. Tips can bring them closer to the middle but they're still seperated by an ocean.

I do find the EzAudio D4 special. For the EP10, I can get a noticeably better sound on my IT01 with the bass hit, however I have nothing like the EzAudio in terms of sound sig, except perhaps the Vivo EX800 that I should take out shortly. A bit overwhelmed and still waiting for the NiceHCK BF fukuburo :)

IT01 has the qualities of both, and in better, luckily for me, but EzAudio D4 just sounds so different and on albums like Frente Bolivarista Vol4, they're marvelous. On other tracks, D4 not that great while EP10 is more track friendly.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #20,357 of 33,689
So I had a problem with shallow insertion. The 2 tips that worked well were KZ Starlines and Spinfit CP100. The Spinfits actually reduced the sub bass a few dBs, making them less L shaped. The Spinfits are what I settled on, even though both allow me to wear them pointing down.

Also, I agree about the treble - it is not aggressive, yet is clear and has plenty of presence. Too often to avoid aggressive treble, manufacturers tune it to be overly smooth. But then it loses all of its detail and sounds lifeless. This is right in the middle - not too aggressive, but not too smooth.

Is the EP10 perfect? Nah. But it is going into my regular rotation for sure, to be used especially for pre-loudness war stuff.

If I had known how nice these were, I would have ordered more of these during 11.11! But then again, hindsight is always 20/20, right? It's idea for gifts like you pointed out. They look and feel premium; definitely presenting themselves as costing much more! And they're less intimidating looking than a large-bodied behind the ear CIEM-styled earphone, to someone who is new to the hobby.

With EP10 nice bass, I'm going use it for CSO or Battlefield, it could be awesome. Will try this weekend :)).

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #20,359 of 33,689
I love the air, separation and resolution of the BQEYZ KC2 but I find for certain music the bass light presentation lacks a bit of impact.

What would give me that for around the same price?

TRN V80?

BQEYZ K2

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #20,360 of 33,689
How do you find the vocals and soundstage of your whizzer @chickenmoon and @geagle?

They are both allright I guess, the "problem" for me with the Kylin is the amount of warmth it's got, I find it a bit too much. I can reduce this a bit by completely blocking the back vents but it's still quite high. For the moment they are burnin in in the hope the bass is going to settle down a bit more over time.

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #20,361 of 33,689
I have trimmed down my lengthened nozzles on the ZS10 and double checked phase. These things are as far as I am concerned working as intended and are thoroughly disappointing. I've got some mark 1 ZST's I've had for a few years which sound far more refined and musical, the cable is hideous but I'll swap in the ZS10's

The BQEYZ are KC2 are a league above either but at least the ZST's are cheap and pleasant enough.

I've got the zsn and ZS6 on the way from 11:11 and if this is what modern KS sound like I wish I had saved my money.

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #20,363 of 33,689
Interesting! Do you miss some punchy/attack drums on your KPE? I listen to mainly metal/prog so it gets quite boring when there's a drum solo and it's too "calm". Maybe it's a synergy thing because at moment I can only access my music through a laptop + Sabaj DA2 which isn't the best source but... KPE on this setup is almost there.

Quantity is not equal to quality - the KPE hits hard but slower and is not so refined in the texture quality. The KPE have a lot more accentuation in subbass than in midbass.
The strength of KPE are the marvellous mids. For metal/prog the KPE maybe suits perfect but for jazz and other demanding music it is better to have more linear and detailed lows.

MoonDrop-Kanas-Pro-Edition-web-1649x817.png

Dec 4, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #20,364 of 33,689
I like my v80 and am anticipating arrival of T2, but some reviews and un-conventional opinions are ****ting on it :frowning2:
Are V80s that bad ?_? I only don't like the High Frequency thats the only con, a small nit-pick. It can be controlled with eq though
Maybe the soundstage is pretty small but love them overall for 20 bucks

I think einsear t2 and rock zircon are still better than ep10?

if you like it, don't worry about other people's standards and opinions, just enjoy them :ksc75smile:

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #20,365 of 33,689
OMGoodness!! I see why @Clearhead bought three pairs of the ZSN. Mine came in today in Black and imo the hype is REAL! Unbelievable value with clarity, Presence, Relatively balanced with Just Right Bass and That's right out of the box unamped with no burn in. Hard to believe these are 15 Bucks!! Got a Silver on the way and may just. spring for a Green. Pretty close to my optimal sound signature...great job KZ! Ps did I mention comfortable fit with great isolation with included large Starlines.

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #20,366 of 33,689
OMGoodness!! I see why @Clearhead bought three pairs of the ZSN. Mine came in today in Black and imo the hype is REAL! Unbelievable value with clarity, Presence, Relatively balanced with Just Right Bass and That's right out of the box unamped with no burn in. Hard to believe these are 15 Bucks!! Got a Silver on the way and may just. spring for a Green. Pretty close to my optimal sound signature...great job KZ! Ps did I mention comfortable fit with great isolation with included large Starlines.
Here what your ZSN's sound looks like :).

OM_KZ ZSN rudi.jpg

Dec 5, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #20,368 of 33,689
Plus, the bass slams so realistically accurate!...Yes! These took me out of my lazy comfort zone right into my dancing zone! :L3000:

Dec 5, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #20,369 of 33,689
My take on the Anew U1. Enjoy! :smile_phones:

Damn that Anew U1 is tempting and by Your review, I think I`ll scrap off DMG from my list.
But I`m afraid U1 would be pretty much same or very similar to my modded IT01 by Your comparison between U1 vs. IT01.
Anyway, nice to know there`s alternative to IT01(modded) and should my IT01 die, will replace them with U1 probably, though they are 30$ more expensive.
Anyway, I love well implemented single dynamics (graphene/DLC/TC/carbon nanotube) - U1 seems to be one of them.

Dec 5, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #20,370 of 33,689
Working on my understanding and review of TFZ KING Exclusive Upgraded (sorry for the mess in the name - TFZ likes to produce subsequent version). Review would come along soon. Already got some impressions: didn't expect this much extension and clarity of higher end from the dynamic driver. It is close to armature models in this respect and not falling short in lows|mids either.

If anyone has those as well - what is your experience?

_DSC8746.jpg _DSC8709.jpg _DSC8770.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back