Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 3, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #20,326 of 33,689
I am not able to get a perfect fit.. what tips are you using?

The tips are rubbish IMO, I think they had the same in the A15 Pro already, a bit bizzare that the premium earphones don't get at least as much as the excellent tip set bundled with the A15.

I use the WH-208 tips with it, larger size, a red one on the right and a blue one on the left.

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #20,328 of 33,689
I have been using the Semkarch SKC-CNT1 quite a bit while my Kanas Pro are being burnt-in and I must say it's exceeded my expectations, very enjoyable and engaging "energetic" v-shaped signature with great clarity and detail, carbon nanotube driver so you can lower the volume quite bit without losing of either. At least as much of a crowd pleaser as the IT01 IMO.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #20,330 of 33,689
Whoever decided on the stock tip for the ez audio d4 should be shot. I felt the headphones were pretty lackluster as a first impression but man they sound different with better tips. Still trying to find the right ones but boy does it make a improvement. At this point I still think the KZ ed16 is better tho but I'm really gonna give the d4 a good listen tomorrow.

I also ended up getting my pair of qcy qm05. First impressions are quite impressive for the cost(7 USD)

They seem to be a more fun, consumer grade sound but really quite impressive for the price. Solid wire, quite comfy, and sounds good. I'm looking forward to giving these a good listen at work tomorrow.
I think it is a combination of ear-canal design and tips design - therefore our parents are in part responsible for the poor functionality of the stock tips. The stock tips work for me but I get even more bass volume out of narrow-bore tips whereas others are happier with wide-bore tips.

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #20,331 of 33,689
I have been using the Semkarch SKC-CNT1 quite a bit while my Kanas Pro are being burnt-in and I must say it's exceeded my expectations, very enjoyable and engaging "energetic" v-shaped signature with great clarity and detail, carbon nanotube driver so you can lower the volume quite bit without losing of either. At least as much of a crowd pleaser as the IT01 IMO.
The tips are rubbish IMO, I think they had the same in the A15 Pro already, a bit bizzare that the premium earphones don't get at least as much as the excellent tip set bundled with the A15.

I use the WH-208 tips with it, larger size, a red one on the right and a blue one on the left.

Can you briefly compare Kanas Pro with Semkarch - are they similar or is still KPE on a higher level

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #20,332 of 33,689
Can you briefly compare Kanas Pro with Semkarch - are they similar or is still KPE on a higher level

I've only listened to both in isolation so I can't really assess their technical prowess with respect to each other. They are very different in sound signature though, with the Semkarch being an energetic v-shape and the Kanas Pro neutralish. I don't think stacking them against each other is very useful as they clearly are in such different categories.

What I can say about the Kanas Pro however is that although I haven't spent much time with them yet, it's extremely likely they are going to displace the Simgot EN700 Pro from my best/top/fav spot. I love my EN700 Pro to bits but when I use it my QP1R DAP it doesn't really sound better than when I listen to it through my goto Audiotrak Prodigy Cube Black Edition with Burson v5i opamp DAC/Amp. In fact I like the EN700 Pro better on the Cube than on the QP1R as the Cube has a more engaging and dynamic sound than the QP1R to my ears. With the Kanas Pro it's another story altogether it seems and whereas it appears to just about edge the EN700 Pro on the Cube in technicality, when I use it on the QP1R it's like I clearly enter in another, superior, dimension of sound. In other words, the Kanas Pro scales up to the better source whereas the EN700 Pro doesn't. I did burst into spontaneous laughter out of joy and incredulity a couple of times at how good they sounded on the QP1R. Arguably I don't know what a good TOTL may sound like but this is really very very good. Someone on Ali rated the Kanas Pro higher than the EX-1000 (which is S- in Crinacle's ratings) and I am not surprised as I also have the EX-1000 (which I think is a bit overrated). How do the Semkarch stack up to that, frankly I don't know as I haven't tried it on the QP1R and I don't really care either, It's a very good sounding pair for "fun" listening and they won't touch the Kanas Pro for "serious" listening, that's for sure.

Well this is it, all I can say for now, it's early days with both, all to be taken with a grain of salt, new toy syndrome oblige...

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #20,333 of 33,689
Hey guys I posted about an issue with my TinAudio T2s before. It's cutting out when I'm moving a lot, I assumed it was due to less than ideal MMCX connection and some people had the same issue. I found a simple fix for it and thought I'd share it. IDK if this has been covered before or not but here it is.

Just cut out a small sheet of thicker stock paper in the shape below. I guess the thickness depends on how loose yours is. Mine was crude and not perfect at all, just enough to shim the connection and put pressure on it to keep it from wiggling around when you move. I placed it right below the snap o ring of the male part. Seems to be working pretty well, have been using it for a few days now and haven't heard any interruption in sound.

0lfQ6oI.jpg

Dec 3, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #20,334 of 33,689
I finally received my NiceHCK EP10 Fukushima 11.11 mystery/lucky bag IEM today.

Seems really nice. Nice heavy metal build, ergonomic housing that fits my ear well, and a nice cable. The tips suck and the nozzle is really shallow, so I tossed on some Starlines.

I have not listened to them long enough to form a solid opinion on their sound, but from what I have heard so far they have a nice warm bassy tune with a nice amount of clear treble.

I’m looking forward to putting them through their paces and seeing what they’re capable of.

Dec 3, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #20,335 of 33,689
I've only listened to both in isolation so I can't really assess their technical prowess with respect to each other. They are very different in sound signature though, with the Semkarch being an energetic v-shape and the Kanas Pro neutralish. I don't think stacking them against each other is very useful as they clearly are in such different categories.

What I can say about the Kanas Pro however is that although I haven't spent much time with them yet, it's extremely likely they are going to displace the Simgot EN700 Pro from my best/top/fav spot. I love my EN700 Pro to bits but when I use it my QP1R DAP it doesn't really sound better than when I listen to it through my goto Audiotrak Prodigy Cube Black Edition with Burson v5i opamp DAC/Amp. In fact I like the EN700 Pro better on the Cube than on the QP1R as the Cube has a more engaging and dynamic sound than the QP1R to my ears. With the Kanas Pro it's another story altogether it seems and whereas it appears to just about edge the EN700 Pro on the Cube in technicality, when I use it on the QP1R it's like I clearly enter in another, superior, dimension of sound. In other words, the Kanas Pro scales up to the better source whereas the EN700 Pro doesn't. I did burst into spontaneous laughter out of joy and incredulity a couple of times at how good they sounded on the QP1R. Arguably I don't know what a good TOTL may sound like but this is really very very good. Someone on Ali rated the Kanas Pro higher than the EX-1000 (which is S- in Crinacle's ratings) and I am not surprised as I also have the EX-1000 (which I think is a bit overrated). How do the Semkarch stack up to that, frankly I don't know as I haven't tried it on the QP1R and I don't really care either, It's a very good sounding pair for "fun" listening and they won't touch the Kanas Pro for "serious" listening, that's for sure.

Well this is it, all I can say for now, it's early days with both, all to be taken with a grain of salt, new toy syndrome oblige...

Thank you for your detailed impressions - i also own KPE, EX1k and a lot other dynamic inears. The EX1k is definitely still the reference for bass texture and quality but KPE IMHO have better mids (they are not recessed like EX1k) and no peaks in the upper mids.
Therefore in two disciplines they can beat the EX1k. The really new king of dynamic inears IMHO is JVC FD02. Compared to KPE the bass is more neutral, faster and have lots of better texture quality. Also the highs are more refined. The mids are a little bit difficult because they are very forwarding with a lot of energy. So they can get fatiguing with tracks with high dynamic range. The resolution is definitely comparable to multi BA's.
I think DLC drivers are the best driver technology currently available. The advantage is the high resolution combined with speed and perfect layering.
A few years ago it was not possible to get this quality from a single driver.

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #20,336 of 33,689
I finally received my NiceHCK EP10 Fukushima 11.11 mystery/lucky bag IEM today.

Seems really nice. Nice heavy metal build, ergonomic housing that fits my ear well, and a nice cable. The tips suck and the nozzle is really shallow, so I tossed on some Starlines.

I have not listened to them long enough to form a solid opinion on their sound, but from what I have heard so far they have a nice warm bassy tune with a nice amount of clear treble.

I’m looking forward to putting them through their paces and seeing what they’re capable of.

So I really like the EP10 the more and more I use them. This is easily my favorite 11.11 purchase, and worth every penny of $4.80!

Here's some observations:

1. The comfort is off the hook. The angled nozzles allow the IEM to sit at just the right angle, and the straight leg on the bottom of the shell tucks securely into the intertragic notch. I have been wearing them for hours with no discomfort whatsoever.

2. The EP10 are perfect for music that is traditionally bass light, such as 60s-80s rock. They fill in just enough additional low end to make the songs sound more modern and fun. For example, Paul McCartney's Pipes of Peace, Sade's Diamond Life, and The Housemartins' London 0 Hull 4. These albums can sound dull and boring on IEMs like Tin Audio T2 and even the KZ ZSN. Don't get me wrong - the T2 and ZSN are awesome IEMs, but this is a perfect example of why I like having different gear for different genres. It really makes a huge difference in listening enjoyment.

3. I also noticed some micro details in the bass, that I usually only notice in full size headphones (not IEMs):
  • In Dirty Work by Steely Dan, I can actually feel a subtle vibration/pressure from the kick drum reverberating, like if my head was very close to the kick drum.
  • In Michael Jackson's Rock With You, I can feel the same subtle pressure effect from the snare drums and even from the finger snaps.
  • In Michael Jackson's Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, I can feel the bass guitar strings vibrating. Again, very subtle but it's there.
At 1st I assumed this was simply due to the EP10's v shape tune. But I tested the same tracks back-to-back against some other v shaped IEMs and the effect was not the same. Very cool :)

4. I do feel that the EP10 tuning has noticeably cleaner mids and tighter bass when amped. When played directly from my iPhone SE and unamped, it sounds somewhat mushier (like there is a thin layer of glue or honey smeared on the drum heads).

5. Mids can be recessed (more noticeable on some tracks vs others). For example, on Michael Jackson's Thriller, the background guitar that comes in at 0:28 is buried to the point that it's barely noticeable :frowning2:

6. The chin slider is useless. I'm glad the EP10 even has one, but it's too large to be effective, and slides back down after a while. If it continues to bother me, I may give it a whack with a flathead screwdriver (or a gentle pinch with some end nipper wire dikes) to shape it more into a figure 8 and making it tighter.

Have any of the other EP10 owners noticed any of these things?

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #20,337 of 33,689
So I really like the EP10 the more and more I use them. This is easily my favorite 11.11 purchase, and worth every penny of $4.80!

1. The comfort is off the hook. The angled nozzles allow the IEM to sit at just the right angle, and the straight leg on the bottom of the shell tucks securely into the intertragic notch. I have been wearing them for hours with no discomfort whatsoever.

2. The EP10 are perfect for music that is traditionally bass light, such as 60s-80s rock. They fill in just enough additional low end to make the songs sound more modern and fun. For example, Paul McCartney's Pipes of Peace, Sade's Diamond Life, and The Housemartins' London 0 Hull 4. These albums can sound dull and boring on IEMs like Tin Audio T2 and even the KZ ZSN. Don't get me wrong - the T2 and ZSN are awesome IEMs, but this is a perfect example of why I like having different gear for different genres. It really makes a huge difference in listening enjoyment.

3. I also noticed some micro details in the bass, that I usually only notice in full size headphones (not IEMs):
  • In Dirty Work by Steely Dan, I can actually feel a subtle vibration/pressure from the kick drum reverberating, like if my head was very close to the kick drum.
  • In Michael Jackson's Rock With You, I can feel the same subtle pressure effect from the snare drums and even from the finger snaps.
  • In Michael Jackson's Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, I can feel the bass guitar strings vibrating. Again, very subtle but it's there.
At 1st I assumed this was simply due to the EP10's v shape tune. But I tested the same tracks back-to-back against some other v shaped IEMs and the effect was not the same. Very cool :)

4. I do feel that the EP10 tuning has noticeably cleaner mids and tighter bass when amped. When played directly from my iPhone SE and unamped, it sounds somewhat mushier (like there is a thin layer of glue or honey smeared on the drum heads).

5. The chin slider doesn't work all that well. I'm glad the EP10 even has one, but it is a tad too large for the stock cable and it slides back down after a while. If it continues to bother me, I may give it a gentle whack with a hammer to smoosh it closed a little tighter.

I'll bite.

I had a problem with the shallow insertion. Couldn't get them to stay in reliably, even after rolling through a dozen kinds of tips. Ultimately, I flipped them over and wore them looped over my ear. Bingo. Much better fit.

I find them more L-shaped than V-shaped. More like the IT01 than the V80, for example. The bass is wonderful, the mids are present and clear, and the treble isn't aggressive. Only a couple hours with them, but they are keepers. Glad I picked up three more for gifts, though I probably should have doubled that.

I will be trying mine amped, as they require high gain on my DP-X1, which reduces battery life significantly. I imagine that will tighten up the bass a bit, but while the EP10 is not muddy, it does not have much detail in the bass. It's more about heft. There's also a little bit of glare in the mids, I find. Nothing major though.

All in all, I would have been happy with these at $40.

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #20,338 of 33,689
I'll bite.

I had a problem with the shallow insertion. Couldn't get them to stay in reliably, even after rolling through a dozen kinds of tips. Ultimately, I flipped them over and wore them looped over my ear. Bingo. Much better fit.

I find them more L-shaped than V-shaped. More like the IT01 than the V80, for example. The bass is wonderful, the mids are present and clear, and the treble isn't aggressive. Only a couple hours with them, but they are keepers. Glad I picked up three more for gifts, though I probably should have doubled that.

I will be trying mine amped, as they require high gain on my DP-X1, which reduces battery life significantly. I imagine that will tighten up the bass a bit, but while the EP10 is not muddy, it does not have much detail in the bass. It's more about heft. There's also a little bit of glare in the mids, I find. Nothing major though.

All in all, I would have been happy with these at $40.

So I had a problem with shallow insertion. The 2 tips that worked well were KZ Starlines and Spinfit CP100. The Spinfits actually reduced the sub bass a few dBs, making them less L shaped. The Spinfits are what I settled on, even though both allow me to wear them pointing down.

Also, I agree about the treble - it is not aggressive, yet is clear and has plenty of presence. Too often to avoid aggressive treble, manufacturers tune it to be overly smooth. But then it loses all of its detail and sounds lifeless. This is right in the middle - not too aggressive, but not too smooth.

Is the EP10 perfect? Nah. But it is going into my regular rotation for sure, to be used especially for pre-loudness war stuff.

If I had known how nice these were, I would have ordered more of these during 11.11! But then again, hindsight is always 20/20, right? It's idea for gifts like you pointed out. They look and feel premium; definitely presenting themselves as costing much more! And they're less intimidating looking than a large-bodied behind the ear CIEM-styled earphone, to someone who is new to the hobby.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #20,339 of 33,689
So I had a problem with shallow insertion. The 2 tips that worked well were KZ Starlines and Spinfit CP100. The Spinfits actually reduced the sub bass a few dBs, making them less L shaped.

If I had known, I would have ordered more of these during 11.11! But then again, hindsight is always 20/20, right?

The Starlines were good, but I settled on Ultimate Ears tips since they were a bit more comfortable for me. Besides, who said I wanted less sub-bass? :wink:

Dec 4, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #20,340 of 33,689

5. Mids can be recessed (more noticeable on some tracks vs others). For example, on Michael Jackson's Thriller, the background guitar that comes in at 0:28 is buried to the point that it's barely noticeable :frowning2:

6. The chin slider is useless. I'm glad the EP10 even has one, but it's too large to be effective, and slides back down after a while. If it continues to bother me, I may give it a whack with a flathead screwdriver (or a gentle pinch with some end nipper wire dikes) to shape it more into a figure 8 and making it tighter.

I use the EP10 with a large tip and just a kiss of a seal. Not really inserted. Inbetween an earbud and iem.
I really like them, they passed the sleep test, so comfortable and well made. Great soundstage and good energy. All frequencies are nicely represented and good clarity. Beats a ton of earbuds on comfort and well rounded sound. Amazing build quality, love that.
The chin slider works if your wire is a bit twisted. If you’re too anal to handle that, I can’t help you :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back