Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 1, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #20,296 of 33,689
Eh, I have absolutely no reason to doubt your honesty, my friend, except that I simply would like you to be wrong (as that would make my life easier - and if you should prove to be wrong for some reason, that might STILL have nothing to do with your honesty, of course :) - might be a matter of sources, tips, cables, burn in, or something else, too, that explain why you're hearing them as warm - or, then, again, they simply are warm, OTOH, and you're hearing them as they are - which I'd REALLY hope is not the case :), but well... ).

This is why I thought they were more treblish than the DM6 - I did not ask HBB, but somebody else did: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2619#post-14591449

Plus: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2623#post-14592139 , and yeah, the vid (which might be the one you actually watched?) does say, around 2.11 on, that the whizzer have more treble than the DM6 ... which MIGHT make the DM6 simply warmer, ofc :) (and that does make me even less happy, as I had ALREADY ordered the DM6, before getting the Whizzer, too, lol)

We'll see :) ... but well, I was looking forward to something nearer the EX1000 than what you were implying in your post, lol

Edited to add: might be worth it to look into the Whizzer A15 Pro Haydn, OTOH :)[/QUOTE
The Whizzer A15 Haydn is indeed aa neutral IEM, I have found it tricky to find the ideal tips for it, anyone out there have some suggestions to obtain a reasonable bass response as the rest of the frequency range is excellent.

Dec 1, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #20,297 of 33,689
Uh-oh! My message ended up in the previous quote! I was saying that the Whizzer A15 Haydn is a neutral IEM and I wanted to know if anyone had aa recommendation for tips on the Haydn tto improve the bass as the rest of the frequency range is excellent. Any ideas?

Dec 1, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #20,298 of 33,689
Eh, I have absolutely no reason to doubt your honesty, my friend, except that I simply would like you to be wrong (as that would make my life easier - and if you should prove to be wrong for some reason, that might STILL have nothing to do with your honesty, of course :) - might be a matter of sources, tips, cables, burn in, or something else, too, that explain why you're hearing them as warm - or, then, again, they simply are warm, OTOH, and you're hearing them as they are - which I'd REALLY hope is not the case :), but well... ).

This is why I thought they were more treblish than the DM6 - I did not ask HBB, but somebody else did: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2619#post-14591449

Plus: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2623#post-14592139 , and yeah, the vid (which might be the one you actually watched?) does say, around 2.11 on, that the whizzer have more treble than the DM6 ... which MIGHT make the DM6 simply warmer, ofc :) (and that does make me even less happy, as I had ALREADY ordered the DM6, before getting the Whizzer, too, lol)

We'll see :) ... but well, I was looking forward to something nearer the EX1000 than what you were implying in your post, lol

Edited to add: might be worth it to look into the Whizzer A15 Pro Haydn, OTOH :)

DM6 might be more neutral I would think and btw, the Kylin's page title in the Whizzer shop includes the "juicy bass" words... :wink: What they exactly meant by that I only understood after receiving the buggers... :wink:

And yeah, the A15 Pro is a good one IMO, get it.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #20,299 of 33,689
Uh-oh! My message ended up in the previous quote! I was saying that the Whizzer A15 Haydn is a neutral IEM and I wanted to know if anyone had aa recommendation for tips on the Haydn tto improve the bass as the rest of the frequency range is excellent. Any ideas?

Well, the usual applies I guess, narrow bore tips to increase bass levels, maybe MH1 tips or spinfits if you want particular recommendations. You also might want to try to partially close the front vents with some tape and see if you like it better.

I just like the A15 Pro like it is for when I don't feel like listening to boosted bass at all.

Dec 1, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #20,300 of 33,689
does anyone have trn im1 here?

Dec 1, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #20,302 of 33,689
Maybe you should get them and report back:)
I almost bought them but held off due to someone close to the manufacturer saying they are tuned for more treble than than anything else in the trn lineup a big no no to me.So I decided not to waist my time and money reviewing them but if you like treble I guess these are for you.

Dec 1, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #20,303 of 33,689
I was under the impression the U1 was a V-shaped IEM similar to the IT01 but clearer/more detailed. I didn't buy it on 11/11 as there was no rebates but I am still itching to click the buy button especially since there is a black version available now.

Who said that U1 is V-shaped? All reviews that I read and my as well saying that those are fairly neutral compared to other rivals named in the reviews.

Dec 1, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #20,304 of 33,689
Who said that U1 is V-shaped? All reviews that I read and my as well saying that those are fairly neutral compared to other rivals named in the reviews.

Who knows who said it, someone must have or maybe I just misunderstood.

Anyway I just ordered a black one so I'll soon be able to judge for myself. :L3000:

Dec 1, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #20,305 of 33,689
I'm listening to the TRN IM1's right now and am enjoying them after I found that I need very wide bore shallow tips. Any small bore tips caused a case of no bass at all. This is due to two individual sound bores (one from the dynamic driver, the other the BA driver) and block either they sound terrible. Once bores are clear the Bass is powerful and treble is nice and bright, not piercing, just good. did I mention Bass......

Dec 1, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #20,306 of 33,689
I'm listening to the TRN IM1's right now and am enjoying them after I found that I need very wide bore shallow tips. Any small bore tips caused a case of no bass at all. This is due to two individual sound bores (one from the dynamic driver, the other the BA driver) and block either they sound terrible. Once bores are clear the Bass is powerful and treble is nice and bright, not piercing, just good. did I mention Bass......
Which wide bore tips do you use? I really need a good pair of them (cheap ones).
Anyway, how is the soundstage of the IM1? Could you compare them with the most similar KZ you can compare to them?

Dec 1, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #20,307 of 33,689
Well, the usual applies I guess, narrow bore tips to increase bass levels, maybe MH1 tips or spinfits if you want particular recommendations. You also might want to try to partially close the front vents with some tape and see if you like it better.

I just like the A15 Pro like it is for when I don't feel like listening to boosted bass at all.
OK, I'll try that. I just feel the bass is a little anaemic, perhaps it's the seal. I don't like boosted bass either, all my favourite IEMs are neutral in signature.

Dec 1, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #20,308 of 33,689
Dec 2, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #20,310 of 33,689
During the last week I received my KZ ZS10 and BQEYZ KC2 from the 11:11 sales. The KZ's just sound awful to me, thin weak, not doing anything well at all. I don't know if it's the fit but I've tried about 6 different sets of tips and nothing. They also ran for several hours plugged into the pc to try and break them in. Nothing.

The KC2 I got for about £25 and to be honest they are stunning, one of the greatest audio purchases I have made. Ok I have no IEMs that cost more but good god the difference between these and my best cheap IEMs is huge. I've got a DIY hifi setup with a some really top notch stuff and these do a fair few things better. Separation, detail, presentation are all very sophisticated. Basically no sibilance. They are beautiful. I just wish they had a touch more bass but perhaps that would upset the balance. I'm getting this of the fairly lowly Xduoo X3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back