Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 24, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #1,996 of 33,689
agreed but one member experience turned from bad to good so let continue burning in
wink.gif

Well, it's your call. I don't think you'll hear a dramatic difference though.

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #1,998 of 33,689
Anybody seen these yet? https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Syllable-D900-Mini-Headphone-Bluetooth-Stereo-Wireless-Earphone-Headset-Handsfree-Mini-Earbud-with-microphone/2672009_32746607130.html?spm=a2g01.8047711.2169899.4.K82ygR

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #1,999 of 33,689
I received my XE800 last week. Have been burning them in for almost 48hrs and then took a listen. At first I thought wth how could they sound so thin, then I found out I wasn't getting a good seal with the stock tips so I changed to the large stock ones. Still no seal! Had to rummage around in my IEM drawer, finally found a suitably large enough tip from an old Sony IEM I have and that's what I've been using. I've tried the other tips I have (Comply T200, KZ tips, Xiaomi tips) and all of them either didn't give me a good seal or weren't able to fit onto the nozzle.

The XE800 sound fine, but maybe a bit too bright/bass lean for me even with a good seal. Nozzles that can rotate seem to be quite awkward. Cable is very thin and fragile looking and feeling.

Anyone else having this much trouble with tips for the XE800? What other 3rd party tips are you guys using with them?

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #2,000 of 33,689
I received my XE800 last week. Have been burning them in for almost 48hrs and then took a listen. At first I thought wth how could they sound so thin, then I found out I wasn't getting a good seal with the stock tips so I changed to the large stock ones. Still no seal! Had to rummage around in my IEM drawer, finally found a suitably large enough tip from an old Sony IEM I have and that's what I've been using. I've tried the other tips I have (Comply T200, KZ tips, Xiaomi tips) and all of them either didn't give me a good seal or weren't able to fit onto the nozzle.

The XE800 sound fine, but maybe a bit too bright/bass lean for me even with a good seal. Nozzles that can rotate seem to be quite awkward. Cable is very thin and fragile looking and feeling.

Anyone else having this much trouble with tips for the XE800? What other 3rd party tips are you guys using with them?
Comply T200, nozzle too big or too small?

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #2,001 of 33,689
Oct 25, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #2,002 of 33,689
Quote:

i use stock large tips, filled with foam (kind of sony hybrids). but tried new kz's dark gray yesterday (large size, no foam filled) and sealed perfectly as well. you'll get better bass.

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #2,003 of 33,689
  I received my XE800 last week. Have been burning them in for almost 48hrs and then took a listen. At first I thought wth how could they sound so thin, then I found out I wasn't getting a good seal with the stock tips so I changed to the large stock ones. Still no seal! Had to rummage around in my IEM drawer, finally found a suitably large enough tip from an old Sony IEM I have and that's what I've been using. I've tried the other tips I have (Comply T200, KZ tips, Xiaomi tips) and all of them either didn't give me a good seal or weren't able to fit onto the nozzle.

The cable is not as weak as you (and what I previously) thought. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #2,007 of 33,689
Comply T200, nozzle too big or too small?

I've tried the XE800 with both Comply TS100 and T500 (sorry T200 earlier was a typo). The nozzles of the XE800 were too big for the TS100 and were too small for the T400.

Quote:

i use stock large tips, filled with foam (kind of sony hybrids). but tried new kz's dark gray yesterday (large size, no foam filled) and sealed perfectly as well. you'll get better bass.

Ok, thanks for the tip. The new KZ tips that you tried, were they the 'star' ones?

The cable is not as weak as you (and what I previously) thought. 
biggrin.gif

I see, well that's good to know at least. They're very tangly though.

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #2,008 of 33,689

​I had the same problem as you.  Found the new style KZ tips, like the ones that come with the KZ HD9 worked well for me.  These tips can be purchased separately and are not very expensive.  I found the XE800 very bright out of  the box as well, burnt them in over the weekend and still found them bright.  Put them back on to burn in for another 10 days and found the treble was much better. The Vivo XE800s convinced me that burn in can significantly change the sound from some earphones.  Once I found tips that worked well and rotated the nozzles to the best position I found that these are very comfortable.

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #2,009 of 33,689
Do you happen to have (heard) the xe800 and/out havi b3?

i do have the xe800--it's brighter than the urbanfun and has less midbass presence. treble extension and detail are very comparable, with the vivo sounding almost more "lifelike" and the urbanfun being less sparkly/colored. the urbanfun sounds a little bigger/wider. i've only heard the havi briefly--from memory it had the same sort of balanced signature and very good instrumental separation, but more overall oomph/note thickness--the urbanfun really is pretty neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back