Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 16, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #18,841 of 33,689
:dt880smile: hope they don't, lol. i've been near cancelling mine and reordering cheaper

Seller updated the tracking number, turns out the shipment is meant for a country in a different hemisphere, lol.
I got in touch with the seller, and he/she apologised for the confusion and said they no longer have the IEMs in stock. They are okay with either issuing a refund or shipping it again once the IEMs are in stock again. Pretty sure they updated the order with some random tracking code to meet the stipulated time. No wonder the store has 96% rating.

Oct 16, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #18,842 of 33,689
Magaosi K6 pre-sale on taobao now, usd$290 there so I'd expect around usd$330 or so on aliexpress later on

O1CN011NU14yGL0F4y8GE_!!2399251572.jpg

So under $200 for the 5 BA K5, and over $300 for the 6 BA K6?

Oct 16, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #18,843 of 33,689

kinda surprised too, since I was looking around taobao for a mid-fi purchase for a friend and saw the K6 for near 300 bux. I'd be hard-pressed to get it knowing that the Moondrop Blessing is near that (without upgrade cable, also if you like Harman target response)

not even sure if its in-house or another Hilisening OEM release, since I can't seem to find Hilisening vendor page now.

Oct 16, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #18,844 of 33,689

Seems to be a trend with some of the Chi-fi of late doesn't it. Our kings of the low-end are climbing into the $100 bracket and our hopes for a giant killer (price wise) coming from the likes of a FiiO or Magaosi are slowly fading as their prices rise to meet the market.

Oct 16, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #18,845 of 33,689
Seems to be a trend with some of the Chi-fi of late doesn't it. Our kings of the low-end are climbing into the $100 bracket and our hopes for a giant killer (price wise) coming from the likes of a FiiO or Magaosi are slowly fading as their prices rise to meet the market.
the question, as ever, is whether this current iteration of >$200 chifis is worth the premium over the surfeit of vg $100 models and whether more drivers is better. my reaction to the magaosi k3/k5 was good, but not class-leading or great value.

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #18,848 of 33,689
What are your first impressions of DM6? Confused between DM6 and Secret Garden

Quick comparison between both with source as being iBasso DX100 and SONY NW-A46 Walkman.

Bass: DM6 has more authority in bass region than the Tenhz P4 Pro. Both have the same amount of details here.
Update: The bass now becomes neutral with the use of supplied wide bore ear tips, previously the tips I used was the narrow bore ear tips with pink color inside.

Mids: Mids of DM6 has more smoother approach, though it is not recessed at all but when I compare it to P4 Pro, it feels that P4 Pro has more open mids because of neutral mid-bass. P4 Pro has slightly more focussed mids or I dare to say has very slighty more presense on upper mids but still neutral without being shouty at all.

Treble: DM6 has definitely smoother treble whereas treble of P4 Pro is neutral. No one has bright treble at all.

Separation: DM6 seems to have better separation and layering of instruments being slightly warm. I would say Tenhz P4 Pro also have good separation. Its a close call.

Tonality:
DM6: Neutral-warm (Narrow bore ear tips with pink color bore) and Neutral (with the supplied wide bore ear tips)
P4 Pro: Neutral

I personally like P4 Pro more because I am more of a neutral-head. But when I put DM6 into my ears, I keep listening to it as well.

[Update]: I am now liking both the IEMs equally after when I put the wide bore ear tips on the DM6..

More detailed impressions after the 100 hours of burn-in period.

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #18,849 of 33,689
The NY-06 have the same exact sound as the QT2 according to what I've heard. K2 also seems more or less the same, maybe with more bodied mids and relaxed treble. Not sure about KC2 but from thephonograph's review they all seem to have near-identical sound signature, just with minor differences.
Thanks for sharing those details with me...:wink::thumbsup:

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #18,850 of 33,689
Quick comparison between both with source as being iBasso DX100 and SONY NW-A46 Walkman.

Bass: DM6 has more authority in bass region than the Tenhz P4 Pro. Both have the same amount of details here.
Update: The bass now becomes neutral with the use of supplied wide bore ear tips, previously the tips I used was the narrow bore ear tips with pink color inside.

Mids: Mids of DM6 has more smoother approach, though it is not recessed at all but when I compare it to P4 Pro, it feels that P4 Pro has more open mids because of neutral mid-bass. P4 Pro has slightly more focussed mids or I dare to say has very slighty more presense on upper mids but still neutral without being shouty at all.

Treble: DM6 has definitely smoother treble whereas treble of P4 Pro is neutral. No one has bright treble at all.

Separation: DM6 seems to have better separation and layering of instruments being slightly warm. I would say Tenhz P4 Pro also have good separation. Its a close call.

Tonality:
DM6: Neutral-warm (Narrow bore ear tips with pink color bore) and Neutral (with the supplied wide bore ear tips)

I personally like P4 Pro more because I am more of a neutral-head. But when I put DM6 into my ears, I keep listening to it as well.

[Update]: I am now liking both the IEMs equally after when I put the wide bore ear tips on the DM6..

Thanks buddy for your impressions. Somehow I'm scared that Neutral shouldn't be boring.

Oct 16, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #18,851 of 33,689
Glad it wasn't just me. I didn't even need a magnifier either LOL

Good to hear:

"...I already went over another set with the [Brainwavz] ] rep in great detail. Compared it with the latest batch close up, looking for problems and the new ones appear much better.

...They are happy to replace anything I say I need and are very responsive, thanks for asking. Other companies of every size discover they have issues with new products - these guys are reacting pretty quickly and really want to get it right, from the looks of things, making changes within weeks..."

Oct 16, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #18,852 of 33,689
the question, as ever, is whether this current iteration of >$200 chifis is worth the premium over the surfeit of vg $100 models and whether more drivers is better. my reaction to the magaosi k3/k5 was good, but not class-leading or great value.

ah, the never-ending question of "where do diminishing return sets in?". I guess its all up to the buyers if the SQ upgrade/change is worth the premium or not. I once got blasted for wanting most bang for my buck on the earbud FB page, so not gonna get into it ever, its a touchy subject.

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #18,853 of 33,689
ah, the never-ending question of "where do diminishing return sets in?". I guess its all up to the buyers if the SQ upgrade/change is worth the premium or not. I once got blasted for wanting most bang for my buck on the earbud FB page, so not gonna get into it ever, its a touchy subject.

Why would someone blast you for wanting the most bang for the buck?

It’s your money to spend any way you want.

If you wanted to buy 2 aluminum foil balls to stick in your ears to try and listen to alien transmissions, but someone else thinks you should buy CA Andromeda’s instead, that’s your business.

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #18,854 of 33,689

Tonality:

Nice write up, I agree with your impressions on the P4 Pro. To date they're the most neutral IEMs I've heard and honestly I find them quite refreshing. Other chi-fi I've been listening recently to either want to liquify my brain with bass and/or shred my eardrums with overly hot treble :upside_down:

I wish the cable was a bit better, they're just OK. The included selection of tips was nice and the case is decent too.

8o8rNoF.jpg

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #18,855 of 33,689
Why would someone blast you for wanting the most bang for the buck?

It’s your money to spend any way you want.

If you wanted to buy 2 aluminum foil balls to stick in your ears to try and listen to alien transmissions, but someone else thinks you should buy CA Andromeda’s instead, that’s your business.

I've no idea, which is why I stopped asking around there and will most likely leave since its all just glamour shots now. Was hoping for somewhere more fluid to discuss stuff.

Did get something out of it, someone felt sorry for me and contacted me directly about the earbuds I was asking about, got some very good info out of it and helped me with my purchase decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back