Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 16, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #18,856 of 33,689
Nice write up, I agree with your impressions on the P4 Pro. To date they're the most neutral IEMs I've heard and honestly I find them quite refreshing. Other chi-fi I've been listening recently to either want to liquify my brain with bass and/or shred my eardrums with overly hot treble :upside_down:

I wish the cable was a bit better, they're just OK. The included selection of tips was nice and the case is decent too.

8o8rNoF.jpg

Yes the cable on P4 Pro is good for the price but we cannot compare its cable with the DM6 considering DM6 is the costlier of the two. DM6 has an amazing cable with sturdy connector.

I see that you own the FH5 so could you please compare P4 Pro and FH5?

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #18,857 of 33,689
I've no idea, which is why I stopped asking around there and will most likely leave since its all just glamour shots now. Was hoping for somewhere more fluid to discuss stuff.

Did get something out of it, someone felt sorry for me and contacted me directly about the earbuds I was asking about, got some very good info out of it and helped me with my purchase decision.

Well, I’m sorry you had a less than ideal experience. It sounds like you just ran into a few bad apples. Please don’t let a few bad apples ruin your opinion about all of us.

I like to think we are free to have very fluid discussions around here. Is reddit the next best alternative option for audiophile discussions?

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #18,858 of 33,689
Well, I’m sorry you had a less than ideal experience. It sounds like you just ran into a few bad apples. Please don’t let a few bad apples ruin your opinion about all of us.

I like to think we are free to have very fluid discussions around here. Is reddit the next best alternative option for audiophile discussions?

fluid as in "not interrupting the current discussion for some other thing", which is what we're kinda doing, lol. I do feel slightly bad for interrupting, even if inadvertently doing it.

Reddit, I've no idea, even recently r/headphones had to revamp some of the rules to allow purchasing advice thread and it was a total mess at first.

I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate if old impression/info/reviews/tips are easily searchable and sorted based on your needs. Reddit is quite ideal for that, if not for the fact that threads gets archived and you'd have people/bots gunning to post new stuff just for karma (for some weird reason).

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #18,859 of 33,689
fluid as in "not interrupting the current discussion for some other thing", which is what we're kinda doing, lol. I do feel slightly bad for interrupting, even if inadvertently doing it.

Gotcha.

I'd call that strict, which is the opposite of fluid IMO. But that's just how I understand the meaning (as 'fluid conversations' flow from one topic to another).

Oh well, back on topic. I am looking forward to hearing the HiFi Walker A7 :)

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #18,860 of 33,689
Im tempted to buy the Toneking BL1 out of curiosity just because of the driver.

Oct 16, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #18,862 of 33,689
13 purchases completed on the BL1 and yet the first feedback on the official store is "This user did not fill out the review.":expressionless:

Some did speculate that it shares the same driver with the other chi-fi planar IEM that came out (I'm sure @HungryPanda would indulge us with an impression soon)

Toneking has started selling the round tin cases like the ones that came with Ibasso too (3 bux, quite cheap), though they usually include their products with their own case.

though that TO600 tempts me every damn time

qwc5YbK.png

Oct 16, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #18,863 of 33,689
Im tempted to buy the Toneking BL1 out of curiosity just because of the driver.
Do it for the sake of the rest of us who want to but went through our 2018 audio budget in the first 5 months.

And have already started in on the 2019 budget...

Oct 16, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #18,864 of 33,689
Which other planar iem would that be?

Oct 16, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #18,865 of 33,689
I'm looking forward to my next purchase between the UiiSii CM5 or the BQEYZ KC2. Which one would be the better "bang for the buck"? I would like to know some details, as well...which one has better hi-end details, MID's, and lower sub-bass punch?

...PS. No need to mention the Tinaudio T2 and QCY QM05, which I already own a pair.

I know some people really like the CM5, it's not something I reach for in my pile of too many, but I have been going back and forth on these two models today. KC2 definitely more detailed, more balanced (nearing neutral), more sensitive than the CM5. I still think CM5 are just ok in terms of sound (mine are unmodded). The CM5 cable is good for what it is formed nicely, little microphonics, the fit is good. They might sound a bit more detailed if you do the slater mod and replace the mesh screen with a stainless steel, but mine are stock and sound (fuzzy through the midrange/treble). Bass has extension and it has a V sound but not detailed like some of the hybrids. If you only had $15-20 burning a hole in your pocket, I think TRN V20, ZSR or CM5 are similar fun, but if you had will power to double the budget the KC2 is a better buy, for more detail and balanced bass.

Also, I am starting to appreciate how different IEMs fit, and I think sometimes takes a backseat to sound, even though if you can't tolerate the fit who cares how it sounds. Example: I won't be buying a ZS4 because the ZS3 was so hard for me to find the right position/tips.
Shallow fit=CM5, KC2
Deeper fit/shell shape is more user dependent=TRN V20, ZSR

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #18,866 of 33,689
Seller updated the tracking number, turns out the shipment is meant for a country in a different hemisphere, lol.
I got in touch with the seller, and he/she apologised for the confusion and said they no longer have the IEMs in stock. They are okay with either issuing a refund or shipping it again once the IEMs are in stock again. Pretty sure they updated the order with some random tracking code to meet the stipulated time. No wonder the store has 96% rating.
ouch, so sad to hear that. hope they can ship it soon, or maybe you can get even better discount at 11.11.
mine is also on risk. i haven't got a tracking id yet, although they shipped it supposedly. already received a balanced cable from same order, which was shipped very quickly. it's the same cable than stock one, just balanced, different color. nice looking, but worse conductivity than others in my inventory (cheaper).

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #18,867 of 33,689
ouch, so sad to hear that. hope they can ship it soon, or maybe you can get even better discount at 11.11.
mine is also on risk. i haven't got a tracking id yet, although they shipped it supposedly. already received a balanced cable from same order, which was shipped very quickly. it's the same cable than stock one, just balanced, different color. nice looking, but worse conductivity than others in my inventory (cheaper).

Yeah I am going to wait till 11.11 and next time order from a more reputable store like Penon , even if it means paying a little more money. I usually stay away from stores with <98 percent rating.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #18,868 of 33,689
I know some people really like the CM5, it's not something I reach for in my pile of too many, but I have been going back and forth on these two models today. KC2 definitely more detailed, more balanced (nearing neutral), more sensitive than the CM5. I still think CM5 are just ok in terms of sound (mine are unmodded). The CM5 cable is good for what it is formed nicely, little microphonics, the fit is good. They might sound a bit more detailed if you do the slater mod and replace the mesh screen with a stainless steel, but mine are stock and sound (fuzzy through the midrange/treble). Bass has extension and it has a V sound but not detailed like some of the hybrids. If you only had $15-20 burning a hole in your pocket, I think TRN V20, ZSR or CM5 are similar fun, but if you had will power to double the budget the KC2 is a better buy, for more detail and balanced bass.

Also, I am starting to appreciate how different IEMs fit, and I think sometimes takes a backseat to sound, even though if you can't tolerate the fit who cares how it sounds. Example: I won't be buying a ZS4 because the ZS3 was so hard for me to find the right position/tips.
Shallow fit=CM5, KC2
Good to know! I am actually swaying more towards the purchase of the BQEYZ KC2, since I am loving the QCY QM05 pretty much already for its slightly v-shape (or probably more balanced with extended bass and treble) sound signature that indulges me with its 3D-like soundstage.

But, right now I decided to go for another neutral sounding IEM and the BQEYZ KC2 does fit the bill! :thumbsup:

Thanks durwood, and others for chiming in your most appreciated opinions and options! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #18,869 of 33,689
Yeah I am going to wait till 11.11 and next time order from a more reputable store like Penon , even if it means paying a little more money. I usually stay away from stores with <98 percent rating.
I've asked for the tracking id of the DM6 package, and guess what has been the answer:
"Dear friend,
So sorry for the inconvenience, and we just got the information that the second package has been returned back by unknown reasons, and damaged, the new batch is testing now, it will need about 10-14 days for finish, so would you mind to wait for a new one?
Best regards."
Total lie. "The new batch is testing now", like if they made the iems. ha.
Why don't they tell the truth? They've been selling, even doing discount offers, an item while having no stock; after getting a good quantity of orders, they make the whole order to their distributor, but find out that they have to wait for 10-14 days (or probably longer).
The problem of considering stupids to their customers, is that the customers get offended, and never repeat in that shop. Now we know the reason of the 3% non-positive feedback.

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #18,870 of 33,689

Shallow fit=CM5, KC2

The CM5 has a shallow fit using the stock tips, and spins suffers because of that. If you can get a deeper fit with better tips, it does improve the sound.

I do agree, the BQEYZ are superior. But then again, the BQEYZ are more than double the cost. If you were to spend double the price of the BQEYZ, there are options that would are superior.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back