Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 29, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #18,556 of 33,689
Finally got my HiSenior B5+ and got to listen to it for a few days.
1) holy hell, these are super tip/fit dependent. On stock, they sound neutralish from bass to Mids w/ a muted treble. After trying all my available tips, they sound the best for me w/ tips that are a bit smaller than my regular fit(M), and have wide bore
2) They sound relatively balance. Quick mid bass, sub bass extension is good but is a bit lean in rumble and power. Mids are my favorite, clear and positioned well. Doesn't lack body or is it thick, very nice vocals, both male and female. Very good treble sparkle and extension without a hint of sibilance and peaks.
For 100usd, these are a steal.

20180927_113439-01.jpeg

i recently settle for the Final Audio E tips or the KZ starline tips. for me i like using small bore with the B5+. like you, sometimes i would use the one size down tips to give it a more airy and thinner mids sound, but it all depends on the songs.

now that i think of it, how tip dependent the B5+ is ultimately became it's strength to me. i can bring only one iem and several different sets of tips to alter it's sound as i please (i use the B5+ with bluetooth cable as this is my daily driver)

Sep 29, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #18,557 of 33,689

i recently settle for the Final Audio E tips or the KZ starline tips. for me i like using small bore with the B5+. like you, sometimes i would use the one size down tips to give it a more airy and thinner mids sound, but it all depends on the songs.

now that i think of it, how tip dependent the B5+ is ultimately became it's strength to me. i can bring only one iem and several different sets of tips to alter it's sound as i please (i use the B5+ with bluetooth cable as this is my daily driver)
This has the same effect on any IEM. This is not what people are talking about when they say an IEM is tip dependent.

Sep 29, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #18,558 of 33,689
Another boy on audiobudget facebook page posted a photo that shows a matte black sample with the same issue.
I think there's going something wrong with matte colors.
I had the glossy blue which can clearly be seen in my review. I say had because one of the wires snapped as the nozzle came off so I threw them in the trash. BTW you seem to be completely obsessed with this IEM. I have not seen a single post of yours that doesn't mention the V80.

Sep 30, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #18,559 of 33,689
This has the same effect on any IEM. This is not what people are talking about when they say an IEM is tip dependent.

i know that. i was confirming that i like using one size down tips with the B5+ sometimes (like dontcallmejan) because with that earguide i can still have perfect seal from the IEMs body. i rarely can even use smaller tips with my other IEMs

what i was saying about tip dependent is between the different brands and bore sizes. even though they also have somewhat same effect on other IEMs, with the B5+ that effect are more pronounced

Sep 30, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #18,560 of 33,689
I had the glossy blue which can clearly be seen in my review. I say had because one of the wires snapped as the nozzle came off so I threw them in the trash. BTW you seem to be completely obsessed with this IEM. I have not seen a single post of yours that doesn't mention the V80.

I will explain you this in a calm way.
Imagine you're a student, you have to pay huge fees for study, much money for the books, public transport ticket program, ans then you have just like 20 euros in your card that you won't see again until christmas.
What would you do? Would you repeat the same buy on a product that seems to have production problems even if you loved it at first listen?
Do you know that not every seller refund all the money for that kind of problem?
So i'm just trying to understand what's going on and i don't think this is hurting your life or things like that.
I anyway thank you for the info about the color as i'm kind and polite.

That's all.
I can't waste money, as i don't have more after those 20$ and buying again a bad product will just leave me without any new product.

Sep 30, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #18,561 of 33,689
@demo-to how do u find both P4 against the AS10? Was looking at the Audbos P4 during the sale and there wasnt much reviews around

Sep 30, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #18,562 of 33,689
It sounds different. The transition between bass and lower mids is a little more sloppy with the AS10. Because the V80 has a more balanced sound and more emphasis in the mids vs the recessed mids in the AS10, I find the V80 to sound more clear and detailed in the lower mid region.

The AS10 is probably the best balanced KZ headphone, but I have not heard the ZS10 yet, and the sound signature may actually be more transparent than the AS10 is. I will have to pick it up at some point.

Overall, I prefer the TRN V80 because it's less mid-bass emphasized than the AS10. It's a personal preference. The AS10 has a lot of strong detail performance with its BA drivers, but I dont find the V80 a slouch here either. They both have good details for the budget category. At the regular price of the AS10 and V80, the V80 is by far a better price to performance ratio.

I also like the stylings of the V80 and the solid build of it more than the AS10. I can post my MiniDSP measurements between the two when I get off work if that helps at all.
I have the ZS10 and it is more V-shaped than the V80. The bass is more emphasised and the mids are slightly recessed. The treble is smoother than the ZST and ES3, and is not as aggressive but is not as extended as the V80. The fit is not as good as the V80 due to the large earpieces. I found Spiral Dots gave the best results due to the flatter profile and large bore. The new-style KZ cable is an improvement on the old sticky one but the V80 cable is superior. I may try the AS10 next.

Sep 30, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #18,563 of 33,689
TRN V80 becomes industrial benchmark for IEMs under 50 bucks. Well done!

Sep 30, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #18,564 of 33,689
Nice! Will do. Thanks. Will wait for your comparison too.
Sorry for the late response.

Lows - The OS V3 packs extra punch and the rumble is more natural.
Mids - The midrange on the DM6 is fuller with higher intimacy level.
Highs - Treble on the DM6 is smoother than the OS V3.
Soundstage - DM6 width and depth is better,

Hope this helps! :beyersmile:
upload_2018-9-30_23-54-53.png

Sep 30, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #18,565 of 33,689
Travelled to London and watched movies on the plane: Death of Stalin (boring) and Solo (boring) on the Boeing 787's entertainment system...but both offered good soundtracks challenging for earphones. The KZ AS10 worked very well in this environment: sealing well with very good resolution/separation. The more refined but less robust sounding Brainwavz B400 did not add anything but were a tad too tame (in this particular environment). In fact, I really enjoyed staring at the AS10's braided cable...
I continued my travels on the Airbus A321 from LHR to FRA - and this time I used the iems exclusively for music from my iPhone 5S. Same results as with the movies on the Boeing 787 before: the KZ AS10, albeit not the technically superior, worked best for me in that noisy environment: good seal, robust sound. Interestingly, on past flights, the KZ ZST also did a great job for me over the more sophisticated B&W C5 Series 2.

In the meantime, the KZ ZS4 received interesting but contrasting reviews and I look forward to picking these up from my neighbour upon my return.

Sep 30, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #18,567 of 33,689
I will explain you this in a calm way.
Imagine you're a student, you have to pay huge fees for study, much money for the books, public transport ticket program, ans then you have just like 20 euros in your card that you won't see again until christmas.
What would you do? Would you repeat the same buy on a product that seems to have production problems even if you loved it at first listen?
Do you know that not every seller refund all the money for that kind of problem?
So i'm just trying to understand what's going on and i don't think this is hurting your life or things like that.
I anyway thank you for the info about the color as i'm kind and polite.

That's all.
I can't waste money, as i don't have more after those 20$ and buying again a bad product will just leave me without any new product.
Buying books? rofl olololol xD What do you study? Just raise your Jolly Roger high on the mast and libgen.io everything. Remember, kids, everything online is free!

A pirate I was meant to be,
Trim the sails and roam the sea!

Sep 30, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #18,568 of 33,689
so can we say kz zs6 is the best under 50 bucks for soundstage and if bass only matters artiste dc1, rock zircon,whizzer a15 pro orginal version and i into i8 best for bass? I am open for suggestions... I own kz zs6 which I think they are good under 50 range... and rock zircon qkz dm300 z5000 for bass

Sep 30, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #18,569 of 33,689
Buying books? rofl olololol xD What do you study? Just raise your Jolly Roger high on the mast and libgen.io everything. Remember, kids, everything online is free!

A pirate I was meant to be,
Trim the sails and roam the sea!
Ehm dude, piracy is not well seen in my country and i don't know if it is in this forum.
Anyway, books here are written by my university teachers and can't be found online, plus, libgen is blocked here and even accessing with vpn is just useless as i can't find my books anywhere

But this id OT, the problem is a have very few money for gear every 6-8 months

Anyway, if in your opinion buying book is a thing that stupid people do, then this is not the moment to speak.
This is one of the saddest things i've read since years.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #18,570 of 33,689
Here's the IEM Diffusive Field compensated measurements between the TRN V80 (red line) and the KZ AS10 (black line). You'll see the bass boosted compared to the V80, where the V80 is very linear through the mids.

It's clear to see from the graph that the V80 is much more linear in the mids and less bass boosted than the AS10. Explains why the V80 sounds more natural and slightly warmer than the T2 Pros. As I said, I'll probably pick up both and see how I like them. Thanks very much for all of the additional work on top of your stellar review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back