Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 19, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #18,241 of 33,689
Sep 19, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #18,243 of 33,689
Could you please explain the reasons why wouldn't you recommend the HM7?
I'm curious about how it sounds and wanted to buy a pair but if you can share your impression it will be appreciated.

There's basically no sub bass on these. The mid bass is boomy. There's an emphasis on upper mids which makes them sound detailed, but the mids lack body to me... These are just 5$ so you cant expect much and at their price point they are good value for money. But if you are just looking try them out, I'd spend a bit more and look at other options. Else they will just become additional e-waste.

Sep 19, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #18,246 of 33,689
Don't forget the listening volume and preference/habit.

I can imagine someone used to hearing a lot of bass turning up the volume with T2. Of course, that will bring up the mids and highs too, which can be fatiguing, I guess.

Funny enough, that was the case.

Solved it by covering the vents. The bass extension makes me listen to them at a lower volume and thus the treble at the high end isn't as piercing anymore.

Sep 19, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #18,247 of 33,689
Does anyone knows the toneking TS5 4BA + 1DD? They are U$88 at their recently opened store on ALI!

https://pt.aliexpress.com/store/pro...41.html?spm=a2g03.12010608.0.0.1f9a1761sjDQBh

Sorry for referring to a very old post but I could not find anything else about Toneking TS5. I have received them recently and I am really impressed! I tend to use Beyerdynamic Xelento as a reference and here I have to say I actually like TS5 better and it costs 10% of the Xelento! I would describe them as very natural sounding, precise and crisp. Xelentos now sound slightly muddy and even more bass focused compared to TS5. Would love to test even more similar hidden gems. KZ is nowhere near these.

Sep 19, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #18,248 of 33,689
Sorry for referring to a very old post but I could not find anything else about Toneking TS5. I have received them recently and I am really impressed! I tend to use Beyerdynamic Xelento as a reference and here I have to say I actually like TS5 better and it costs 10% of the Xelento! I would describe them as very natural sounding, precise and crisp. Xelentos now sound slightly muddy and even more bass focused compared to TS5. Would love to test even more similar hidden gems. KZ is nowhere near these.

Toneking has gone nuts with all their releases. I have no idea anymore...Not a fan of the gears as decoration, luckily.

Sep 19, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #18,250 of 33,689
I just pulled the trigger and bought my first "serious" pair of IEMs. After hours of research I decided to get the TFZ Exclusive 3. It looks like one of the best for 50 euros.
Turns out it's discontinued! My Aliexpress seller and Penonaudio don't have it anymore. I found another Aliexpress seller that claimed to have it in stock so I risked it. If it fails again I'll buy the T2 Pros from Massdrop, but I'd still rather have the TFZ Exclusive 3, because from what I've seen the sound is similar, but you get better accessories and I like the overall look better.

Sep 19, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #18,252 of 33,689
There's basically no sub bass on these. The mid bass is boomy. There's an emphasis on upper mids which makes them sound detailed, but the mids lack body to me... These are just 5$ so you cant expect much and at their price point they are good value for money. But if you are just looking try them out, I'd spend a bit more and look at other options. Else they will just become additional e-waste.

Thanks for your opinion!

Sep 19, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #18,253 of 33,689
Turns out it's discontinued! My Aliexpress seller and Penonaudio don't have it anymore. I found another Aliexpress seller that claimed to have it in stock so I risked it. If it fails again I'll buy the T2 Pros from Massdrop, but I'd still rather have the TFZ Exclusive 3, because from what I've seen the sound is similar, but you get better accessories and I like the overall look better.

Thanks for reminding me... this is the TFZ that I had decided would suit me as well. Bought it tonight. We have had no problems from the seller who does have it in stock. So, who will get it first? You in the Netherlands or me in the UK? The race is on:)

Sep 19, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #18,254 of 33,689
How would the T2 pros fair against the Toneking T4 (both apparently neutral). Is the 2x money worth it?

Sep 19, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #18,255 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back