Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 5, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #17,716 of 33,689
ALL IN ONE - THE BIG PICTURE

Brainwavz B400: Yep, as good as told by @B9Scrambler, @Brooko, @HiFiChris, and shotgunshane. Clear, unveiled, and crisp, smooth, with a minimalistic bass. A stark contrast to the $50 earphone selection. My luxury problem: the B400 sounds very close to the technically better UE900S.

Disclaimer: some changes were applied to the above paragraph after justified protests on an alleged "bright" sound. This is a question of reference frame used.

Knowledge Zenith AS10: Yep, gone are the days of rumble bass and buried mids. Nicely resolving but...hard sounding at higher volumes (compared to the B400). An analogy would be: great chefs, great recipe, great preparation but cheap ingredients used. I'd say KZ got their driver configuration and their tuning right, just the quality of the drivers lags...ok, it is only $45. An insider told me that there is not much profit margin at this price.

Shanling m0 player: Nifty little device at a decent price. Good screen and intuitive interface. Sound is good but the amp could deserve a bit more oomph...cannot quite compete with my iPhone 5S which has a bigger "body" and more bass. These differences are only evident at direct comparison, the Shanling sounds good on its own. Nevertheless shame on you, Apple, for not having an SD card slot and ripping us off with overpriced internal storage. The Shanling takes up to 512 GB...good stuff.

allinone.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #17,717 of 33,689
Any recommendations for a neutral or neutral warm pair of iems around 100usd? Was supposed to order the Audbos P4 but the seller failed to ship the item.
Considering the HiSenior B5+ as of the moment. Thank you.

Reference IEMS I had in the past for comparison
IT01 - Vshaped for me
King Pro - Vshaped, a bit thin in the mids

Looking for something balanced all arlaro like the Tin Audio T2.
Rose Mini2
Toneking T4
Hisenior B5+

Sep 5, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #17,720 of 33,689
Weird. I don't hear the B400 as bright or open sounding at all. Warmer than I usually like, actually. Maybe I need to try some different tips.

Sep 5, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #17,721 of 33,689
Hello all

I receive bqeys k2.

Fores good impression ! Have you the frequency range? It seems balanced

Sep 5, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #17,724 of 33,689
Weird. I don't hear the B400 as bright or open sounding at all. Warmer than I usually like, actually. Maybe I need to try some different tips.
Tip rolling? I have only tried the large, included tips and wondered about the bass - but it is similar to to the UE900S. Warm? Try the basso in comparison. I have to add that I have been dealing with TRNs and PHBs lately which have a stronger bass that warms the image up.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #17,725 of 33,689
"Bright" as in clear, unveiled, and crisp, maybe? That I can understand. The detail and separation are there with the B400, just tilted warm.

Sep 5, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #17,726 of 33,689
Read the reviews...bright does not mean elevated treble...in fact the treble is very smooth.

Now you have me confused. That is what bright means to me... treble... I mean... bass can't be "bright"

Sep 5, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #17,727 of 33,689
Now you have me confused. That is what bright means to me... treble... I mean... bass can't be "bright"

OK, I had listened to the Sennheiser in-ear momentum DD with its dark, veiled signature before...in comparison, anything sounds bright.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #17,729 of 33,689

I totally agree on this, warm and intimate is how I'd describe them.

Sep 5, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #17,730 of 33,689
OK, done! I'll clarify above post.

I didn't mean to hassle you over the wording. Just trying to understand your take. Thought I was missing something! lol The one thing I wish the B400 had was more treble presence. I'd be annoyed if it turned out to be my fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back