Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 3, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #17,687 of 33,689
Is Nickhck a reliable shop? Ordered some stuff from them during the brand sales but they have not shipped out anything. Its almost been a week and I'm getting worried my Iems are not coming to me :frowning2:
Yes, reliable and fast to Canada (they send almost everything expedited parcel which takes ca. 2 weeks). The competition frequently sends out per China Post registered...I am still waiting for stuff from mid May. In general, all my 80 plus shipments from aliexpress have arrived.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #17,688 of 33,689
That’s as fake as a $3 bill. Trust me, all of those type of cards are. And there are loads and loads of counterfeit brand name cards too - Samsung, Sandisk, etc.

When you get it, you can prove it by testing it with a fake flash utility on your computer. I use H2testw (Windows), but there are equivalent utilities for the Mac. The utility not only identifies whether it is fake or not, but also tests for defects.

It’s saved me loads of headaches over the years, not only by identifying fake cards but by identifying errors and defects of legit cards. When that happens, I’ve been able to exchange the defective card the next day (instead of finding out years later after losing tons of pictures or videos forever).
Thanks. I never bought such as card, hence I didn't know better. The seller has a reputation of selling fakes, and this 512 GB is likely a 16 GB card. I'll run the H2testw software and will make a stink if required. Such sellers should be banned from eBay.

Reading through the feedback the seller does not fear anything more than negative publicity. I am sure a refund can be negotiated :)

Sep 3, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #17,689 of 33,689
I always get lost on Aliexpress when looking for things like cables - are there any forum recommendations for Bluetooth neckband cables with 2 pin connectors? There are so many that look the same for vastly different prices, who is reputable?

Must have apt x

Sep 3, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #17,690 of 33,689
I always get lost on Aliexpress when looking for things like cables - are there any forum recommendations for Bluetooth neckband cables with 2 pin connectors? There are so many that look the same for vastly different prices, who is reputable?

Must have apt x
I would recommend you check out the FiiO BTR3 or Radsone ES100 instead!

Sep 3, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #17,692 of 33,689
Is Nickhck a reliable shop? Ordered some stuff from them during the brand sales but they have not shipped out anything. Its almost been a week and I'm getting worried my Iems are not coming to me :frowning2:
Thanks for the reply. Was worried as it's my first order from nicehck. Am really relieved to hear from peeps here. Appreciate it!

Don't worry. NickHCK is one of our preferred sellers. Sometimes it takes longer to ship if there has been a big sale event. Also, if you have ordered several items they usually pack them all together... so one of the items could slow things down if if it is not ready to ship. Ours is taking a bit longer this time.. probably because of all the different tips we ordered in addition to the more expensive IEM. We have had things arrive here in the UK in five days.... and also five weeks!

Sep 3, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #17,693 of 33,689
Don't worry. NickHCK is one of our preferred sellers. Sometimes it takes longer to ship if there has been a big sale event. Also, if you have ordered several items they usually pack them all together... so one of the items could slow things down if if it is not ready to ship. Ours is taking a bit longer this time.. probably because of all the different tips we ordered in addition to the more expensive IEM. We have had things arrive here in the UK in five days.... and also five weeks!

Thank you for taking the time to reply and ensuring me. Its my first ever big buy from them and Im a bit worried as companies usually dont take so long. Haha. Its just me I suppose.

No tips. Just 20 tin t2s. Do I have to extend the processing time or just let it run up?

Sep 3, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #17,694 of 33,689
Thanks. I never bought such as card, hence I didn't know better. The seller has a reputation of selling fakes, and this 512 GB is likely a 16 GB card. I'll run the H2testw software and will make a stink if required. Such sellers should be banned from eBay.

Reading through the feedback the seller does not fear anything more than negative publicity. I am sure a refund can be negotiated :)

A refund will be no problem. eBay has a strict policy against counterfeit products. Just take a screen shot of the H2testw results and use that as your proof when you file your eBay dispute.

Also, this counterfeit and ake flash problem is not exclusive to eBay. It is rampant everywhere - Amazon 3rd party sellers, Aliexpress, etc.

Flash media (usb sticks, sd cards, etc) are the one thing I make an exception for and only buy at specific places. From Amazon (but only when sold and shipped by Amazon), local computer stores (such as frys, micro center, staples, Sams Club, Costco, Best Buy, etc), and trusted online dealers that are authorized dealers (Newegg, b&h photo, etc).

The reason is not only to guarantee authentic goods, but more importantly to allow full warranty support should thevbeed arise. For example, the better memory cards from Samsung and Sandisk carry up to a 10 year warranty. Buying from unauthorized sources of grey market usually voids the warranty. When you consider the warranty and the peace of mind by getting authentic goods, paying a few dollars more for buying it at the places I mentioned really make the peace of mind worth it.

There are always plenty of sales at the places I mentioned, especially around Black Friday, Christmas, and other holidays. If you join mailing lists such as Newegg and frys, you get special offers at deep discounts on a regular basis. Also keeping an eye on slickdeals will also score big discounts.

Over the last 20 years, I have accumulated piles of defective and fake flash products, and lost lots of irreplaceable data in the process. It was an expensive lesson to have learned the hard way indeed. I have had zero issues now.

Sep 3, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #17,696 of 33,689
A refund will be no problem. eBay has a strict policy against counterfeit products. Just take a screen shot of the H2testw results and use that as your proof when you file your eBay dispute.

A dispute will probably not be needed. In my case I just messaged the vendor and explained how I knew it was a fake and gave him a link to educate him about fakes ... as I suspected his supplier might have sent him fakes without him realizing. He refunded me and did not ask for the card back.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #17,697 of 33,689
A dispute will be unlikely. In my case I just messaged the vendor and explained how I knew it was a fake and gave him a link to educate him about fakes ... as I suspected his supplier might have sent him fakes without him realizing. He send refunded me and did not ask for the card back.

The dispute can always be cancelled. I find the dispute to be quick and effective motivation. Usually a day after opening the dispute, the seller and I come to a successful resolution, and I cancel the dispute. Once the dispute is cancelled, it in no way negatively affects the seller’s eBay standing.

But there’s no right or wrong way - everyone has their own way of doing things, so whatever works is good. Some sellers are great with just sending a message, and others need the extra motivation to take action.

Sep 3, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #17,698 of 33,689
Thanks. Does it compare well to Final Audio heaven 2? . similar prices.

The only other single Balanced Armature earphone that I've got, the REMAX RM-600M, isn't available on AliExpress any longer, but it is available directly from REMAX - https://www.iremax.com/products/rm-600m-earphone
I think they both sound good, but the RM-600M is 1/3 to 1/2 the price of the DT100.
The DT100 may have a bit more Bass, but it's also a bit larger.
The RM-600M is a bit more compact, but it has a tethered 3.5mm TRRS Mic cable.

Sep 3, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #17,699 of 33,689
At last I have got my hands on KZ ED16, KZ ES4 and TRN V80. My first impressions are that V80 suffers from congestion and weird tonality of electric guitars and treble. ED16, while not lacking in bass, sounds tinny in other frequencies. ES4 might have a tad too much bass and a bit too little treble, but it has none of the issues that the other two have. Guitars sound really well, very prominent. If I remember the opinions of others correctly, this might not be a popular view, though.

Sep 3, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #17,700 of 33,689
I feel the same way about V80. To me the highs on the V80 are tuned too aggressively. The treble is very distorted, especially at higher volumes. I enjoy them at low volumes, but I don't buy gear only to listen at low volumes. I'm personally surprised they have been praised so much.

At last I have got my hands on KZ ED16, KZ ES4 and TRN V80. My first impressions are that V80 suffers from congestion and weird tonality of electric guitars and treble. ED16, while not lacking in bass, sounds tinny in other frequencies. ES4 might have a tad too much bass and a bit too little treble, but it has none of the issues that the other two have. Guitars sound really well, very prominent. If I remember the opinions of others correctly, this might not be a popular view, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back