Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 27, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #16,246 of 33,689
I love mine. Some people have mentioned issues with the fit but it is fine for me.

Another excellent choice. Especially good if you don't want to wear the cable around your ear.

I first found out about the DC1 in the trinity thread and there has been quite a bit of praise for it.

Some impressions start here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tri...ull-hybrid-iem.796729/page-1622#post-14298867

more talk about it on the next pages including a photo that I posted

To be honest, technology has advanced to the point where there are many enjoyable iems below $50... often well below. Pick one you like the look of... search headfi for comments and go for it.

how do the ARTISTE DC1 compare to the SUPERLUX HD381Fs ?
the ARTISTE DC1 uses a ceramic versus a plastic housing on the HD381Fs

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #16,247 of 33,689
how do the ARTISTE DC1 compare to the SUPERLUX HD381Fs ?
the ARTISTE DC1 uses a ceramic versus a plastic housing on the HD381Fs

I don't have the Superlux HD381F. All my gear is listed in my profile.

The Artiste DC1 has a metal housing . One of the drivers is ceramic....Dual unit(13mm moving coil + Φ12mm ceramic)

Here is a photo.

10127455.jpg

Jun 27, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #16,248 of 33,689
herewith my thoughts on the hisenior b5+, a 5ba unit which costs $100-160 based on shell and cable:

1. packaging and accessories are rudimentary--this is scarcely the orgiastic unboxing experience of say, rha or trinity--the earpieces arrive in a plastic bag with the cable and a variety of tips.

2. the stock memory cable is maddeningly inflexible and awkward to use; odd-angled nozzles make fit a bit finicky, although comfort is good and isolation above-average.

3. build is unflashy but solid, with good quality acrylics. the clear, logo-less unit (which i bought) looks like a diy project and is singularly unattractive; the black and red/blue units seem more attractive.

4. as noted by hungrypanda, the b5 is extremely tip-sensitive--foams flatten the presentation and remove the already dialed-down bass, while shallow, larger silicons seem to provide the best seal and detail level.

5. their seeming high sensitivity notwithstanding, the b5 benefits greatly from amping and will sound anemic from lower-power sources.

6. soundwise, these are slightly bright, energetic and neutrally-tuned with some emphasis on a very extended highend. note texture is about average. these lack much subbass impact or depth, although midbass is well-chiseled and quick; i keep thinking these would have been better tuned with a more visceral lowend. mids are forward and extremely clear; vocals and strings sound very natural and engaging. highs are sparkly and very detailed, free of shrillness and siblilance; drums and cymbals sound especially lifelike. as a result, these are quite unforgiving of poor-quality recordings--nothing is smoothed over and bad productions sound bad.

7. soundstage is very wide, albeit with limited height; stereo separation and instrument placement are very precise. these do not congest in complex passages and tend to sound their best with orchestral, jazz or acoustic fare and not as engaging with heaviosity.

8. compared to my previous $100 benchmark, the it01, the b5 is less expansive-sounding, bassy and physical, but much more transparent and detailed at the treble spectrum--the it01 sound blunter and less revealing in comparison. compared to their obvious target, the ue900s ($350, but often available for $179), the b5 is more energetic, brighter and presents more highend shimmer and detail; the ue900s has more bass depth, a more holographic stage and is less colored overall; the ue900s is overall superior in the sense of being a more precise reproduction of the music, though not necessarily more enjoyable. the shure se535 likewise has a bigger stage, much more bass quantity and richer mids, but is otherwise inferior to the b5 in every sense, with comparatively monotonic low end and less treble detail.

9. these are clearly tuned to mimic the flat, revealing presentation of "audiophile" ciems, and on such terms they do very well. i'd like them more with a bit more oomph, but am still fiddling with source/tips and will update as warranted.

(also posted on the discovery thread). thanks for reading.

Jun 27, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #16,249 of 33,689
herewith my thoughts on the hisenior b5+, a 5ba unit which costs $100-160 based on shell and cable:

1. packaging and accessories are rudimentary--this is scarcely the orgiastic unboxing experience of say, rha or trinity--the earpieces arrive in a plastic bag with the cable and a variety of tips.

2. the stock memory cable is maddeningly inflexible and awkward to use; odd-angled nozzles make fit a bit finicky, although comfort is good and isolation above-average.

3. build is unflashy but solid, with good quality acrylics. the clear, logo-less unit (which i bought) looks like a diy project and is singularly unattractive; the black and red/blue units seem more attractive.

4. as noted by hungrypanda, the b5 is extremely tip-sensitive--foams flatten the presentation and remove the already dialed-down bass, while shallow, larger silicons seem to provide the best seal and detail level.

5. their seeming high sensitivity notwithstanding, the b5 benefits greatly from amping and will sound anemic from lower-power sources.

6. soundwise, these are slightly bright, energetic and neutrally-tuned with some emphasis on a very extended highend. note texture is about average. these lack much subbass impact or depth, although midbass is well-chiseled and quick; i keep thinking these would have been better tuned with a more visceral lowend. mids are forward and extremely clear; vocals and strings sound very natural and engaging. highs are sparkly and very detailed, free of shrillness and siblilance; drums and cymbals sound especially lifelike. as a result, these are quite unforgiving of poor-quality recordings--nothing is smoothed over and bad productions sound bad.

7. soundstage is very wide, albeit with limited height; stereo separation and instrument placement are very precise. these do not congest in complex passages and tend to sound their best with orchestral, jazz or acoustic fare and not as engaging with heaviosity.

8. compared to my previous $100 benchmark, the it01, the b5 is less expansive-sounding, bassy and physical, but much more transparent and detailed at the treble spectrum--the it01 sound blunter and less revealing in comparison. compared to their obvious target, the ue900s ($350, but often available for $179), the b5 is more energetic, brighter and presents more highend shimmer and detail; the ue900s has more bass depth, a more holographic stage and is less colored overall; the ue900s is overall superior in the sense of being a more precise reproduction of the music, though not necessarily more enjoyable. the shure se535 likewise has a bigger stage, much more bass quantity and richer mids, but is otherwise inferior to the b5 in every sense, with comparatively monotonic low end and less treble detail.

9. these are clearly tuned to mimic the flat, revealing presentation of "audiophile" ciems, and on such terms they do very well. i'd like them more with a bit more oomph, but am still fiddling with source/tips and will update as warranted.

Your impressions and feedback are thoroughly appreciated here.
The B5+ sounds like a more refined UiiSii Hi-905.

I'm conflicted; trying to determine whether or not I should put the $120 toward a brighter leaning DAP or if I should just pick up the B5+.

Taking the semi-customization into account, the question is....

"do you think your money would have been better spent elsewhere?"

eeed6bbd0262e30e5bd6b91c4a54adb8.gif

Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #16,250 of 33,689
Your impressions and feedback are thoroughly appreciated here.
The B5+ sounds like a more refined UiiSii Hi-905.

I'm conflicted; trying to determine whether or not I should put the $120 toward a brighter leaning DAP or if I should just pick up the B5+.

Taking the semi-customization into account, the question is....

"do you think your money would have been better spent elsewhere?"

Thanks for your thoughts.
doc, if you're not an edm person and you're listening to hirez files through a good source you'll be pleased with the b5+. i also saw someone listing a ue900s here for $100, which i'd be very tempted by--it's somewhat more forgiving and has a tad more oomph.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #16,251 of 33,689

considering their roots of making CIEMs for performers, that's quite good.

based on the feedback from their customer, I guess enough people commented on wanting more low-end that they came out with the newer 1+6 model.

Jg87KrJ.png

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #16,253 of 33,689
II'm looking for a true wireless IEM (similar to qcy q29)) around 40-50 € maximum. What can you advise me?

Thank you

You can do whatever you want, but every one of those I’ve ever owned, borrowed, or demoed has been a flaky POS, or it sounded like crap. The technology just isn’t quite there yet.

Obviously Apple has it figured out with the AirPods, so it is possible. I just think everyone else needs more time to catch up to a reliable and good sounding solution.

Although I have never heard it, I did see that Meizu just released one. They make awesome quality stuff, that always sounds good to boot. Meizu’s build quality easily rivals Apple and Xiaomi.

I would check the Meizu version out if it was me (or wait for Xiaomi to release a full wireless earphone).

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #16,254 of 33,689
Thanks!
doc, if you're not an edm person and you're listening to hirez files through a good source you'll be pleased with the b5+. i also saw someone listing a ue900s here for $100, which i'd be very tempted by--it's somewhat more forgiving and has a tad more oomph.

I'm a huge EDM (classic trance, progressive house and chillout) fan but from time to time I need a little Bach or Ella.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #16,255 of 33,689
Doomed to repeat?

Jun 27, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #16,256 of 33,689
II'm looking for a true wireless IEM (similar to qcy q29)) around 40-50 € maximum. What can you advise me?

Thank you

I was impressed with the SmartOMI Ace when I reviewed them. Tiny, comfortable, decent battery, good connectivity, and well put together for $50 with an additional 15% off if you bought through their website.

Jun 27, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #16,257 of 33,689
Hey Tin Audio T2 is owners, how do you prefer to wear your T2s? Up or down?

They can be worn either way, but I find the comfort better when worn up and the earpieces swapped L/R (but the cables plugged in with the correct channels).

I’m curious how the majority of you wear yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back